CVS Pharmacy is the WORST

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've been on TRT for a year and a half. I've used CVS the entire time and it was fairly smooth the first 6-8 months. Then one mistake led to another.

I usually get, well started off with, 10 1ml vials test cyp per refill. Even though my doc prescribed me a 10ml vial, they would only give me 10 1ml vials. W.e not the biggest deal. I dealt with that for the first 6 - 8 months. Then out of nowhere the pharmacist decides that 7 vials at a time is the most they will give out. Gave me some BS that it goes bad after 7 weeks.

Now 7 weeks before my next blood work where I usually pick up a new script, I had 1 refill left to get me there. Instead of using that refill, the idiots call my doctor for a new script. I called and asked why the last refill wasn't used and the lady could not tell me.

So my doctor, thinking I have enough, gave me one more vial. I then had to contact my doctor's office and my doctor himself to explain what has been going on. They understood and called in a new rx. Mind you I missed a dose during this because of the holidays. Anyway, my new rx was written as this "1ml a week for ten weeks/90days". To me that is a script for 10 1ml vials like I initially had been getting. The freaking morons at CVS give me 1 1ml vial smh. I'm at the drive through pick up dumbfounded by the girl telling me the script says 1 ml so that's what we gave you. I'm like read the script. 10 weeks = 10 vials. "no, thats how your dr wrote it". I did not feel like arguing anymore so I left. I will have to go through all this again next week.

This is a ranting thread, but I just wanted to see if others have had similar experiences with CVS or other big name pharmacies. There's a local small pharmacy down the street from my apartment that I'm going to check out for my next refill. CVS is dead to me lol.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ugh.
Around 10;years ago, it was Walgreens.
They wanted to get all up in everybody's business.
But I haven't gotten any "controlled" type of prescriptions in a good while for Anabolics, or anything else, so I can't really speak about the current status.

my new rx was written as this "1ml a week for ten weeks/90days".
Wouldn't 10 weeks = 70 days, though?

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ugh.
Around 10;years ago, it was Walgreens.
They wanted to get all up in everybody's business.
But I haven't gotten any "controlled" type of prescriptions in a good while for Anabolics, or anything else, so I can't really speak about the current status.

Wouldn't 10 weeks = 70 days, though?
Seems to be not much better at all.

Yeah, I thought that was confusing too, but that's what he wrote. Probably meant to write 70.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I might have to look into that. Who do you use?
Typically your insurance will have a preferred mail service where you get 3 months worth at a time for a discounted price. I have Cigna and use their mail order, I get 3 5ml bottles of test enanthate every 12 weeks for $30. Supposedly I am supposed to toss the left over in the vial at 28 days but UHM... I am not stupid. LOL So I end up with a little stockpile.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Typically your insurance will have a preferred mail service where you get 3 months worth at a time for a discounted price. I have Cigna and use their mail order, I get 3 5ml bottles of test enanthate every 12 weeks for $30. Supposedly I am supposed to toss the left over in the vial at 28 days but UHM... I am not stupid. LOL So I end up with a little stockpile.
Cool, thanks, I will look into that with my insurance.

KennTober

KennTober

Awards
Dealing with pharmacists who don't seem to know what they're doing can be super frustrating. Have you thought about looking into online pharmacies instead? I've heard of some pretty good ones where you can order steroids and pills without having to deal with all the hassle of going to a physical store. Plus, with an online pharmacy, you can usually get larger quantities of medication at once, so you don't have to worry about running out unexpectedly. And if you're looking for something specific, like Pentobarbital For Sale, you might have better luck finding it online than at a regular pharmacy. Anyway, just wanted to offer my two cents.

Last edited:

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dealing with pharmacists who don't seem to know what they're doing can be super frustrating. Have you thought about looking into online pharmacies instead?
Extremely, I have looked into it, but unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover my test. I have to use a pharmacy that accepts goodrx. I'm going to give duane reade a try for the next refill. Slightly more expensive, but hopefully less of a headache.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The CVS by my house is pretty good, never had an issue with medication that’s their fault, it’s only issues when my insurance act up, which happens way too often unfortunately.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The CVS by my house is pretty good, never had an issue with medication that’s their fault, it’s only issues when my insurance act up, which happens way too often unfortunately.
Too true, my insurance gives me issues when I get oxandrolone, but they'll cover it. And then wont cover my test. Makes no sense.

The CVS in my old town is just garbage. I'm sure some are good and vise versa. I switched to wallgreens/duane reade and after 2 years on trt was finally able to get a 10ml vial with no issues.