Cutting Support Thread 2022 edition

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This thread was made to support folks who are dieting/cutting/shredding. If you'd like to share any concerns, milestones, frustrations, and just a kick in the pants if you feel you are wavering in your diet, please post. We're all gonna make it! (y)

For me, I find it incredibly humbling to see how much I used to eat (before counting calories) and now. I look at a slice of multi-grain bread and see that it is 120 calories each! And I used to scarf down four of them for breakfast and sometimes eat a sandwich later on. A tablespoon of peanut butter is 200 calories! 28 grams of mixed nuts are 170 calories!! French fries I get with my food order...about 200 grams...which is 650 calories!!! Kitkat bar? It takes 10 seconds to scarf it down...and it's 220 calories!!! I could eat 3 whole eggs with a slice of turkey bacon in that same amount of calories.

It's just so easy to put on weight...and it takes a lot of self-control and willpower to stay within a calorie limit range, especially for a chowhound like me. What I'm trying to do to maintain control and willpower is to see food not as something yummy or delicious to eat but as fuel for my muscles. When I see a bag of Doritos, I ask myself "hey Cheeky...is that something your muscles could use to get bigger and stronger? No? Then find something else".

Have a great day everyone! 😊

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just finished a bowl of chicken and rice and reading this reminds me I need to keep it up. I've been slacking a lot lately (ahem, "bulking") and need to wrangle myself in.

I've never tried to lean out, but I'd like to see myself decently lean at least once, so I'm starting to consider it an option!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just finished a bowl of chicken and rice and reading this reminds me I need to keep it up. I've been slacking a lot lately (ahem, "bulking") and need to wrangle myself in.

I've never tried to lean out, but I'd like to see myself decently lean at least once, so I'm starting to consider it an option!
Same here bro. I haven't seen my abs since 1996 and I'd like to see them just one more time before I don't have any more chance.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In for support and also just wanted to chime in that you're gonna feel a whole lot better the more of that garbage that you cut out.

A kitkat bar is a moment of sweetness on your tongue, but what it does to your insulin and overall energy levels isn't worth it. Give me 3 whole eggs anyday!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good thread cheeky!! Will definitely be in here as I’m trying to get down 220-210 range started at 267 and am down to 254. Was close to 200 about 5 years ago when I had a super active line of work and hit the gym often, then we’ll you know life lol.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shocked to know that just 5-6 pieces of rigatoni pasta is 200 calories. I used to eat 15-20 pieces along with heavy pasta sauce and meatballs (with extra Parmigiano). :eek:

Just finished dinner following workout. Will do some light 10 minute walk in a few minutes to digest the meal.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know I didn't realize this but apparently, you can mix whey protein in your coffee. I just tried it and it tastes pretty good (frothy and chocolatey). (y)😊:coffee:

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm gonna try sticking to the carnivore + fruit + honey diet for a bit. I'll probably still do lettuce and maybe some other veggies otherwise idk what I will wrap stuff with

also trying to do my 400mg injectable carnitine a day. trying new injection sites

Last edited:
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm gonna try sticking to the carnivore + fruit + honey diet for a bit. I'll probably still do lettuce and maybe some other veggies otherwise idk what I will wrap stuff with

also trying to do my 400mg injectable carnitine a day. trying new injection sites
I'm sure having some fibrous leafy greens would be alright and a good palate cleanser. Good luck!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know I didn't realize this but apparently, you can mix whey protein in your coffee. I just tried it and it tastes pretty good (frothy and chocolatey). (y):coffee:
If you haven't tried the Dymatize Dunkin' collab ISO, it's really pretty good.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No lie, was tempted yesterday. Really wanted to grab some of the sweets in my house (cookies, ice cream) or a drink because work this week has been killer. Instead, I grabbed my greens shake and made it an early night. Small wins.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Found a little trick to curb that munchies feeling; eat the skin of fruits. I cut up some apples (saved them for later) and peeled the apple skins and chewed on them. It's tough, fibrous, has all the nutrients in it and at least it was something to chew on 🍎

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Found a little trick to curb that munchies feeling; eat the skin of fruits. I cut up some apples (saved them for later) and peeled the apple skins and chewed on them. It's tough, fibrous, has all the nutrients in it and at least it was something to chew on
great idea cartman
7395A587-221A-4E68-B918-383084218774-42700-000011C79C843BF6.JPG

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hi guys ~

I don't mean this to be any kind of sales statement... but if you aren't using Ursa major as part of your cut, well it's my opinion; you're doing it wrong!

I am terrible at dieting lately. I do keto mostly but when I carb up it's been terrible to get back on track.
with the addition of UM and absolutely zero changes in dieting behavior, I have kept the ball moving forward at an accelerated pace! I want to add some of that sns fat burner (lean edge i think) to make it even easier! lulz.

do any of you guys have a secret weapon you like to use? spill the beans !! ~

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
hi guys ~

I don't mean this to be any kind of sales statement... but if you aren't using Ursa major as part of your cut, well it's my opinion; you're doing it wrong!

I am terrible at dieting lately. I do keto mostly but when I carb up it's been terrible to get back on track.
with the addition of UM and absolutely zero changes in dieting behavior, I have kept the ball moving forward at an accelerated pace! I want to add some of that sns fat burner (lean edge i think) to make it even easier! lulz.

I been trying to use my Ursa but it's the old formula and it's a pain to heat it up every time to make it ungel -.-

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I been trying to use my Ursa but it's the old formula and it's a pain to heat it up every time to make it ungel -.-
is there no where warm to store it?
also, I found that the hotter i got it the longer it stayed un-gelled.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hi guys ~

Maybe it's just me but I honestly feel transdermals are best for individuals with less than 20% body fat. At least the effects are more pronounced/noticeable.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe it's just me but I honestly feel transdermals are best for individuals with less than 20% body fat. At least the effects are more pronounced/noticeable.
i can agree that some are indeed better for lean folks... but Ursa is mother natures D N p and works in anyone with any fat level.

I have been sidelined since they shut the gyms down a couple yrs back. my shoulder locked up and I can barely raise it anymore.

I was up to about 2fiddy and with my terrible diet antics I am now 230 and I have used 2 bottles in about 30 days.

I am getting leaner in the mirror every day. I thought about doing fatty ripp pics because I am quite stunned myself at the outcome, but then I'm pretty embarrassed at how I was looking.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
depends on the application area. they work better on lean areas. overweight people will have less areas to apply to effectively but I think the neck will always work really well for everyone

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly weight check!

Started at 237 lbs on April 18.
Currently 232 lbs :giggle: (cutting at 2,250 calories)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just finished my cut, so hopefully this will help you keep your motivation up!

After 2 years of lean bulking I decided it was time for a cut. So February, March and April were spent in a caloric deficit. I aimed to get down to 83kgs and that was no problem, i even surpassed it a bit.

It was an easy cut and I didn't have to drop my calories that low. I prefer to carb cycle which meant that the last month of the cut these were my calories:
  • 2 days of 2600 kcal (recovery days)
  • 3 days of 2800 kcal (workout days)
  • 2 days of 3000 kcal (workout days)
I also allowed myself 1 extra meal a week if I wanted a threat.

So now it's back to a lean bulk again and based on my training experience and age the experts recommend no more than a 0.5% to 1% weight increase a month. So no dreamer bulk for me!

I'm going to do a 4:1 ratio of lean bulk and minicut, see how that treats me. So a minimum of 4 months in a lean bulk before i do a minicut. Will be interesting to see how this goes. Always fun to change things up.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just finished my cut, so hopefully this will help you keep your motivation up!

After 2 years of lean bulking I decided it was time for a cut. So February, March and April were spent in a caloric deficit. I aimed to get down to 83kgs and that was no problem, i even surpassed it a bit.

View attachment 215850

It was an easy cut and I didn't have to drop my calories that low. I prefer to carb cycle which meant that the last month of the cut these were my calories:
  • 2 days of 2600 kcal (recovery days)
  • 3 days of 2800 kcal (workout days)
  • 2 days of 3000 kcal (workout days)
I also allowed myself 1 extra meal a week if I wanted a threat.

So now it's back to a lean bulk again and based on my training experience and age the experts recommend no more than a 0.5% to 1% weight increase a month. So no dreamer bulk for me!

I'm going to do a 4:1 ratio of lean bulk and minicut, see how that treats me. So a minimum of 4 months in a lean bulk before i do a minicut. Will be interesting to see how this goes. Always fun to change things up.

View attachment 215851View attachment 215852
Great job bro! I also like the idea of small changes for more long-term gains. No need to do any drastic calorie deficits or monstrous calorie surpluses. I now see food not as something tasty to eat but as fuel/energy for my body.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here is how my cuts seem to go. First couple weeks great, next few weeks great, few more weeks oh wow looks like I'm about a month away from a 6 pack. 1 month later, oh looks like I'm about 1 month away from a 6 pack. LOL! I get to roughly 15% and my body doesn't want to give up the fat! I don't have a problem walking around a little hungry most of the time, eating healthy foods that aren't the best tasting, or skipping dinner outings. It's constantly counting calories, planning, and just plain worrying about it every day that wears on me! I'm defiantly venting here!!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is how my cuts seem to go. First couple weeks great, next few weeks great, few more weeks oh wow looks like I'm about a month away from a 6 pack. 1 month later, oh looks like I'm about 1 month away from a 6 pack. LOL! I get to roughly 15% and my body doesn't want to give up the fat! I don't have a problem walking around a little hungry most of the time, eating healthy foods that aren't the best tasting, or skipping dinner outings. It's constantly counting calories, planning, and just plain worrying about it every day that wears on me! I'm defiantly venting here!!
How long do you plan your cut for? I'm planning on doing mine for anywhere between 12-16 weeks. This is my first serious cut so I'm taking it slow and doing it long-term for more sustainable results.

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Bro I’ve been having that same thought process for the last 6 months.

Just now clearly got the upper two levels of abs having nice cuts. Lower two levels are another story. I’m at 10% now and I think because of my wider hips, I’ll have to get down to like 8% to have clean definition all the way down

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How long do you plan your cut for? I'm planning on doing mine for anywhere between 12-16 weeks. This is my first serious cut so I'm taking it slow and doing it long-term for more sustainable results.
About 12 weeks for me. I'm going to keep grinding through the rest of this month and then ease off. I've dropped from 207 to 199 so far. Slow and study is defiantly going to help you retain muscle. I discovered years ago if I try to quickly drop the weight will come off but my body will burn muscle like crazy if I go to deep into a calorie deficit. I just turned 45 and it ain't getting any easier. LOL!

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bro I’ve been having that same thought process for the last 6 months.

Just now clearly got the upper two levels of abs having nice cuts. Lower two levels are another story. I’m at 10% now and I think because of my wider hips, I’ll have to get down to like 8% to have clean definition all the way down
Yep, the scale drops and even the tape measure around the midsection but the changes in the mirror seem so minor in comparison. I've dropped an inch from right across my belly button going from 35 to 34 but I don't think it's that noticeable. It's like I'm a tad smaller but other than that the definition seems almost the same.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
do bb ever do lipo for the belly? or is that pointless and temporary

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
do bb ever do lipo for the belly? or is that pointless and temporary
Based on what I’ve seen, the play rn financially and practically is cool sculpting where they freeze off fat cells. Basically the only way other than lipo to actually remove fat cells (rather than just empty them through cutting, which doesn’t ever actually rid the body of the cell)

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Based on what I’ve seen, the play rn financially and practically is cool sculpting where they freeze off fat cells. Basically the only way other than lipo to actually remove fat cells (rather than just empty them through cutting, which doesn’t ever actually rid the body of the cell)
FDD941B5-E7CB-4CB9-AA0E-40D77D24B1EB-46519-000013B12162498D.jpg

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wife did cool sculpting one time. They told her multiple treatments needed to get the full results. It hurt so bad she never went back for.a second round.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weight update!
Last week: 230 lbs
Today: 230 lbs

F*ck :( I was a bit too complacent with the diet this week. I was eyeballing a lot of my food instead of strictly weighing them on the scale. Perhaps chewing on bit too much granola also. Oh well, back to the old drawing board.

How are you guys doing? Any milestones? Accomplishments? Setbacks?

Last edited:
P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Figured this would be a good place to share this:

was recommended a new sweet and high volume snack when cutting

100g Puffed Kamut, 1 tsp True Nutrition Flavor pack chocolate powder, 6 drops artificial sweetener.

Allegedly tastes like chocolate cereal, with a hell of lot more volume, and way less cals.