Cutting out dinner...

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There's alot of good info on here from you guys so I figured I'd ask for your feedback on cutting out dinner...

I workout from 4pm to about 6:30pm after work, have some Whey Isolate and 5g's of Creatine shortly after and feel fine without dinner. I'm in bed probably around 9:30pm.

I can save money and time on food.
I can trim out alittle more

What's your take on this?
Any better ideas? Thanks.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you meet your caloric needs for the day, based on your goal…you might be fine with what you’re doing…Personally I always like at least one meal, post workout.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There's alot of good info on here from you guys so I figured I'd ask for your feedback on cutting out dinner...

I workout from 4pm to about 6:30pm after work, have some Whey Isolate and 5g's of Creatine shortly after and feel fine without dinner. I'm in bed probably around 9:30pm.

I can save money and time on food.
I can trim out alittle more

What's your take on this?
Any better ideas? Thanks.
Answered your own question. Could add some bcaa intra and post if you notice any recovery issues

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think more info is needed regarding what you eat pre workout and your overall calories and macros. However, I'd look at it this way. I bet 90% would agree the 2 most important meals are pre and post workout. If you are not getting adequate nutrition post workout it's certainly not optimal.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some of my best sleep comes when I eat a big pre bed meal. I would wake up at 6am starving if I tried what you're suggesting. But it couldnt hurt to try it out for a week.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some may disagree with me on this, but if it’s a money saving issue, I’d stick with whole foods after your workout and skip the protein shake. Protein is good but not as good as eating real food. You can buy in bulk and be able to eat good on a budget.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do EAA's intra... maybe I'll add something post. Just looking for ideas... thanks.
I'd agree with @sammpedd88 You'd be better off with some fish, chicken or any other lean source of protein and spinach. Also , if skipping dinner drops your calories a fair amount, don't be afraid to add some cream of rice and egg whites on leg and back days for your post workout

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some of my best sleep comes when I eat a big pre bed meal. I would wake up at 6am starving if I tried what you're suggesting. But it couldnt hurt to try it out for a week.
Same. I have to space most of my meals and calories for later lol.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Some may disagree with me on this, but if it’s a money saving issue, I’d stick with whole foods after your workout and skip the protein shake. Protein is good but not as good as eating real food. You can buy in bulk and be able to eat good on a budget.
It's not an issue, just an added benefit. Thanks for the insight.

AntonyDiaz

AntonyDiaz

Awards
As for me, I eat a lot during the day 'cause I don't like the feeling of being full before I sleep. I think you're going to be fine as long as your reach you caloric goal during the day.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As for me, I eat a lot during the day 'cause I don't like the feeling of being full before I sleep. I think you're going to be fine as long as your reach you caloric goal during the day.
you're probably right for the most part, but I think pretending ur body runs on a 24 hour window is a bit short sighted. I think adding nutrients before bed would increase muscle but also fat. so it's a bit of a trade off as usual. even with injecting aminos, mice studies show excessive aminos add obesity and shorter lifespans. I don't know anything for sure and I'm retarded so enjoy this info

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Weight Loss 9