Cutting Cycle Question

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Decided to go on a quick 5-week cut/recomp. Started at 175lbs and 15.3% body fat. After 3-weeks I’m at 170lbs and 12%. To be honest I did this because I looked in the mirror and just didn’t like what I saw. Basically manipulated my fats and carbs and just portioned everything out.

I’m taking multivitamin, vitamin D3, 5G creatine a day, fish oil, vitamin C, and Anabolic Effect (on week 5).

1. How low on carbs do people usually go. I’m at 1.25x BW and been losing about 1.5lbs a week.

2. The week before an event or to look best at event, how do you guys structure macros and any supplements. I’m definetly more defined but holding a good amount t of water.

3. What supps. work best in a cut/recomp?

I’ve never cut any weight in my life and this was spur of the moment so I’m pleased by the results. Just looking to make it better for the next one. Strength has also been maintained or continue to increase.

Just looking for some additional help/tweaks.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you’re at 1.5ish a week that’s not bad. The slower approach tends to leave more mass. If I cut too quick I always feel so small and regret it most of the time. Really depends on how quick you want to lose it. Adding in some cardio can also speed things up quite a bit.

For supps I’m assuming you want natural? True shred is one of my favorites as well as many other members on the board. Sns and apex also have killer cutting supps like lean edge and Ursa Major.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you’re at 1.5ish a week that’s not bad. The slower approach tends to leave more mass. If I cut too quick I always feel so small and regret it most of the time. Really depends on how quick you want to lose it. Adding in some cardio can also speed things up quite a bit.

For supps I’m assuming you want natural? True shred is one of my favorites as well as many other members on the board. Sns and apex also have killer cutting supps like lean edge and Ursa Major.
good post but you left out iconic formulations-thermoamp and iron legion invictus....also been using all out-sweat pre-workout and seeing nice thermo results-goes really well with the thermoamp.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Code "Ape" saves you 20% @ Iconic. ^^

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
good post but you left out iconic formulations-thermoamp and iron legion invictus....also been using all out-sweat pre-workout and seeing nice thermo results-goes really well with the thermoamp.
I was in the middle of something and you know I love those two. Both products are . Thermoamp alone is stacked; I was making something very similar with solo ingredients until it came out. Baiba and forskolin

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was in the middle of something and you know I love those two. Both products are . Thermoamp alone is stacked; I was making something very similar with solo ingredients until it came out. Baiba and forskolin
you know me...i kid i kid, lol....but thanks for the good word about the products--much appreciated!!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Decided to go on a quick 5-week cut/recomp. Started at 175lbs and 15.3% body fat. After 3-weeks I’m at 170lbs and 12%. To be honest I did this because I looked in the mirror and just didn’t like what I saw. Basically manipulated my fats and carbs and just portioned everything out.

I’m taking multivitamin, vitamin D3, 5G creatine a day, fish oil, vitamin C, and Anabolic Effect (on week 5).

1. How low on carbs do people usually go. I’m at 1.25x BW and been losing about 1.5lbs a week.

2. The week before an event or to look best at event, how do you guys structure macros and any supplements. I’m definetly more defined but holding a good amount t of water.

3. What supps. work best in a cut/recomp?

I’ve never cut any weight in my life and this was spur of the moment so I’m pleased by the results. Just looking to make it better for the next one. Strength has also been maintained or continue to increase.

Just looking for some additional help/tweaks.
Congratulations on your results thus far.

Anabolic Effect is a great supplement for recomp in terms of helping you continue to build or maintain muscle.

Carbohydrate approach is very individualized. People can tell you different figures to go by but the truth is that it really just depends on the person and how they respond to carbs and even types of carbs. My diet tends to stall out if I go too low on complex carbs myself.

You asked about the week before an event, if you mean a bodybuilding event, the last week is more geared towards dropping water weight than actual fat loss so that's not really applicable to a normal person dieting to lose fat and build/maintain muscle.

Supplements:
- Anabolic Effect (which you're already on) - works great for building/retaining lean muscle and strength
- Stano-Plex 300 - great for recomp in the sense of helping gain lean muscle and strength while leaning out
- Lean Edge - great stimulant free fat burner containing 15 high end active ingredients & gets great feedback
- Thermagize XT - if you want to add a stimulant fat burner in
- Reduce XT - great for cortisol control which can help with fat loss and retaining lean muscle while dieting
- Ab-Solved - great product for stubborn fat around the midsection, especially visceral fat (and especially if you're the type person that even as getting leaner looks like your belly is still sticking out)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed here. Thermoamp is an all in one nice product for cutting. Definitely yields great results just using stand alone.