Cutting cycle problem ...

FlasK

Awards
So I’m currently cutting on TRT dose (160mg) Test E, var upped from 40mg gradually to 70mg/ day, 65mg of Tren A/ day ~ 460mg a week. I pinned first mast at 17th August at 500mg Mast E.
I also take clen at 100mcg and T3 at 75mcg

I’m freaked out because of the the fact that I get smaller and fatter while on very high protein and calories slightly below maintenance.

Friday:
View attachment 196821
View attachment 196822

Sunday:
View attachment 196823
View attachment 196824

Monday:
Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Tuesday:
IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

Today:
Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

On Monday I incorporated YK-11 at 20mg per day doses 3 times and Mast at 500mg per week

I eat 250+ grams of protein. This way I also use more calories (thematic effect) for digesting it.

I don’t over train I sleep rather good for being on tren( I’ve run it at 700mg before maybe that’s why) i also take naps on workout days after the workout and a good high prot meal. I train very hard and harder than the previous workout. I do 2 days on 1 day off which is active recovery (foam roll; cardio/ swimming/ biking and stretching session)
My main goal is to keep my muscle that’s why use Tren in first place.
Give me your 2 cents. What should I be doing or changing? Could the T3 be causing that?
Every opinion is strongly valued!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't rely on a scale so much for determining your bodyfat comp. It is only good to see trends over a long time. Those scales are highly dependent on you being hydrated to a certain degree.

My dad is 70, had a stroke that left him with severe water retention in his right leg. He is 5'10'', 250 pounds and easily 40% bodyfat. The water in his leg causes the Tanita to claim he is 18%.

If you are losing weight and becoming glycogen depleted you are probably losing water as well, and your BF will go up on the scale. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't worry so much about the daily flux beyond just keeping yourself in check.

Try this, check your bf and then go take a shower and check it again. I bet it drops slightly.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't rely on a scale so much for determining your bodyfat comp. It is only good to see trends over a long time. Those scales are highly dependent on you being hydrated to a certain degree.

My dad is 70, had a stroke that left him with severe water retention in his right leg. He is 5'10'', 250 pounds and easily 40% bodyfat. The water in his leg causes the Tanita to claim he is 18%.

If you are losing weight and becoming glycogen depleted you are probably losing water as well, and your BF will go up on the scale. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't worry so much about the daily flux beyond just keeping yourself in check.

Try this, check your bf and then go take a shower and check it again. I bet it drops slightly.
This.

It hasn't even been a week you can't expect much to change and that is why scales like this aren't very beneficial for frequent use.

Do the things you know you should (diet, train, recover) as you should, keep track of changes (but probably not super frequent body comp changes with something like that), and just interpret the trends over time to determine if any changes need to be made.

FlasK

Awards
Yeah, I guess you’re both right because what I’m seeing in the mirror is that I progress but using this stupid scale freaks me and makes me miserable thinking that I do something wrong and that I’m more catabolic than I actually am. I’ll do it less frequently and just check on the weekly average of weight drop.
As it goes for the T3 - today I lowered the dose to 50mcg also to see if this is causing my massive lethargy and soreness. (Could be Anavar as well, many people tend to say they get super lethargic on genuine anavar, as well as other orals but for anavar seems that a lot of people feel that)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I actually weigh myself daily...but my food log is a better judge of how I am doing. The weight gives me some insight but there are days when my log shows I did everything I should and I KNOW I was in a deficit and I gain a pound. But knowing I did everything right lets me know it is just water weight. If you don't take it too seriously you will begin to see that weigh increases and decreases in unexpected ways....and sometimes you will be going for a few days or a week, with no results at all even though you know you did everything right. Then one day you suddenly lose a bunch all at once.

FlasK

Awards
Yeah, I actually weigh myself daily...but my food log is a better judge of how I am doing. The weight gives me some insight but there are days when my log shows I did everything I should and I KNOW I was in a deficit and I gain a pound. But knowing I did everything right lets me know it is just water weight. If you don't take it too seriously you will begin to see that weigh increases and decreases in unexpected ways....and sometimes you will be going for a few days or a week, with no results at all even though you know you did everything right. Then one day you suddenly lose a bunch all at once.
That’s so very true. I do use MyFitnessPal and also take notes from workout, how I feel power wise and so on, so I do appreciate a lot what you’ve said because besides the scale all I can see is progress, which after reading what you said made me realise it and feel better and more motivated

Thanks, bro

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s so very true. I do use MyFitnessPal and also take notes from workout, how I feel power wise and so on, so I do appreciate a lot what you’ve said because besides the scale all I can see is progress, which after reading what you said made me realise it and feel better and more motivated

Thanks, bro
Glad it helped. I know everyone says to weigh once a week or whatever, but I disagree with that because over time it does keep you in check and you start to learn to read what is going on.

If you are being bad and you get on the scale and you are up 2-3 pounds it may get you back in line, vs. If you wait a week until you get on and are 5 pounds heavier. But in the same hand you have to learn to trust the process. If I know beyond all doubt that I weighed, logged and ate 1600 calories every day for the last 4 days - and I sm the same weight or up a pound, I know I am on the right path and the weight is about to come off - unless this happens for a week or two or more...in which case I know my maintenance is 1600 calories or at the very least not as high as I thought and I need to adjust.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
also, your scale is showing over a pound down this week, that is good progress. And because you have multiple weigh-ins you can see it is a trend and not just that you are dehydrated this week and weren't last week or something. The bodyfat in those things won't respond that accurately. Don't fear muscle loss on a diet if you are eating enough protein, and especially with Test. Unless you are very, very lean the muscle loss will be relatively minor in most people eating sufficient protein. You will deplete carbs and lose strength for a few weeks, especially with T3, but after a couple weeks the strength will stop dropping and level out and you will get the strength back quickly once you get back to maintenance.