Cutting cycle gains

guoshuang

Awards
Do people gain lean body mass while in a cutting cycle and a big calorie deficit? Or just maintain the gains they already carrying while losing BF. If they do gain extra muscle they will obviously have to try to keep them during pct realistically drop a few pound maybe end up zero gains however decent fat lost, but on the other hand if they didn’t gain extra muscle mass throughout the cycle, during or after pct are they going to have sub pre cycle muscle mass caused by hypogonadism? As the result still lower muscle mass after the cycle despite anabolic use

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know about a big deficit but it's definitely possible to gain lean muscle while in a deficit. This does depend on the body type and starting levels of muscle and bodyfat. An obese guy with hardly any muscle may have a maintenance level of 4000 calories. He could cut to 3000 and would start losing weight but would also gain muscle if he started exercising properly. If you are already 12% bodyfat and look really lean and are trying to get to sub 10 then chances are the best you can hope fore is muscle maintanance as you enter the deficit.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do people gain lean body mass while in a cutting cycle and a big calorie deficit? Or just maintain the gains they already carrying while losing BF. If they do gain extra muscle they will obviously have to try to keep them during pct realistically drop a few pound maybe end up zero gains however decent fat lost, but on the other hand if they didn’t gain extra muscle mass throughout the cycle, during or after pct are they going to have sub pre cycle muscle mass caused by hypogonadism? As the result still lower muscle mass after the cycle despite anabolic use
Science says you maintain what you have that's the whole point of using gear while cutting so you lose zero muscle where as a natty would most certainly lose muscle during a cut. Having said that I swear I put on a few pounds of muscle on this past cut, I just don't think there was this much there before I started. I was 240 around 15-18% back in September. Right now I'm 210 around 8% but there's a different look and feel to the muscles that makes me think they grew atleast a little. Sidenote: big Paul from anabolic bodybuilding says there's studies out there that tren is the one compound that can increase lbm in a caloric deficit and I respect his opinion more than most

guoshuang

Awards
if you managed to build zero muscle during cycle do you even lose muscle during the pct

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That would depend on the type of cycle and compounds used

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
This all depends on how close to your genetic limit you are and how long you been training. Someone that has lots of progress to go can absolutely recomp gaining muscle while cutting bodyfat but if a person is already pushing there limits then usually your probably just going to be able to preserve lean tissue? That said this varies per personal genetics in general some people can grow into a show while others are lucky to minimize there catabolism while shredding? It also depends on how much and how fast your cutting and of course what your PED regimen looks like? Very complicated question you asked actually and people don't really understand it? Some can recomp very well, some can maingain very well, and some not so much of either? Diet, training and PEDs change this to some degree but still very complicated!

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gaining muscle while in a caloric deficit is a nut that I have personally not been able to crack. Just my own experience.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
These are questions that really don't have a definitive answer, and 5 million variables my change the possible answers.

The large majority of ppl will not be building muscle in a caloric deficit. But if it's your first cycle or your very overweight and not having a lot of muscle to begin with then it's possible.

Now say you went on a cycle and didn't add any muscle but maybe you dropped a significant amount of body fat while maintaining the muscle you already had, when pct rolls around you may not loose a lot of muscle but your definitely not going to maintain the end physique that was made on steroids. Your probably going to slowly loose muscle while adding body fat.

Say your average height and 250lbs and 30% bf. That means your carrying 175lbs of muscle mass @0% bf.

Now you run a cycle and diet hard and maintain that muscle during a cut. Now your 205 and 10% bf. You're not going to maintain that simply for the fact that if you cut natural to 10% bf you would have ended up around 160 lb because that's what an average size person looks like at 10% body fat.

You get what I'm saying?

Like a morbidly obese person that weighs 400 pounds might have 250 lb of muscle on his frame but if he dieted down he's not going to have 250 lb of muscle because it's just not possible to do naturally. So these are variables that are all going to come into play.

But as a general rule of thumb you will not build muscle on a cut "tho a small amount is possible" and you definitely will not maintain gains from steroids when your off steroids.

If you go on a cut and lose 30 lb of fat while maintaining all your muscle that is not something that is achievable natural so you're not going to maintain it natural

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got strep throat a couple days ago and was feeling well the next day after antibiotics
So I went for a 4 mile run at 5am 31 degrees and puked at mile 2.
I was 202, now I'm 191
How's that for a cut hehe??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got strep throat a couple days ago and was feeling well the next day after antibiotics
I was 202, now I'm 191
Dehydration

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was 202, now I'm 191
I like it..yiu got heart and guts...well you did until you puked them up lol

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep my heart is definitely bigger than my brain. Merry Christmas