Curcumin Stability in Olive Oil?

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I have a decent amount of Curcumin, dosing it orally is a pain, and what I want to do is mix it in a measured amount of olive oil (perhaps with black pepper) for easy dosing.

I want to do this one and just pour out tablespoons, and not do this daily on spoons worth at a time...so the question is will this be stable for a few weeks? (Stored cool and dark)

Thoughts?

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I know it's fat soluble and the oil will help with absorption -especially with black pepper extract. I'm interested to know its stability as well.

I generally mix a couple teaspoons of lemon fish oil with some braggs acv, clinically significant dose of turmeric (for the cur cumin), tons of fresh ground pepper, kimchi, salt, pepper, siracha, and cumin.

I let it sit in the fridge over night and get a nutrition-based curry sauce to throw on a couple meals the next day.

I hadn't mixed larger batches for ease of dosing/tracking intake and calories. But the stability of the curcumin is an interesting question.

What benefits are you looking for? Anti-inflammatory, or or other?

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
What benefits are you looking for? Anti-inflammatory, or or other?
Inflammatory stuff, general well being...that stuff, no specific end goal.

I am leaning towards it being stable enough to do this, but I'm not 100% sure the olive oil will not go funky...a lot of ideas revolve around tumeric, not extracted curcumin.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My guess, it would be okay but that is just a guess. hopefully someone knows as it comes in injectable form. Many aas users shoot this stuff up all the time.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
My guess, it would be okay but that is just a guess. hopefully someone knows as it comes in injectable form. Many aas users shoot this stuff up all the time.
I did not know this...looks like I have something to Google at work today :)

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Let us know what you find out. My short google-foo effort didn't turn up anything.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I'm now considering adding this to liquid lecithin, seems that would be more potent in terms of bioavailability.

It seems the injectable stuff is only available through 'sources', but if its stable enough to shoot IM, my lecithin goo should be fine