Crock pot chicken?

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Hey guys prep is coming up soon and i always do slow roasted chicken, any of you guys have any good things you like to throw in the pot to spice it up a bit, i just use hot sauce hah

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Herbs and spices! they can add a lot of flavor without calories, and some can have health benefits. Try rosemary, garlic, onion, and oregano...

I am just about to fill my crockpot up, but I am making chili with some beef liver. Mine is going to be high calorie though, I am bulking!

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
rub it in hahah that sounds amazing, what spices do you like to use? i usually like a little "kick" to my food

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
For spice,

sriracha,

Chili pepper flakes (korean style if available)

Add a spicy chili mix packet,

Dice up and add jalapenos or Jamaican hot peps

Generally with a slow cooker sauces soak in nicer so just find a good hot sauce

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
yeah i have been using sriracha personally my favorite maybe cholula but thats a little more sweet to me. thats a good idea i haven't thought about looking into though packages!! thanks

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
If you are watching calories I like hot sauce (of course!) like Tapatio and siratcha. I also LOVE spicy mustard! And it has less carbs than ketchup.

My main spices are:
rosemary - great on any meat but also potatoes or sweet potato
Italian blend - same as rosemary but has some other stuff, too

indian/curry type blend - awesome on meat or eggs. PS I love meat. Also good in soups.

Chili powder or taco seasoning - good on everything but watch the sodium! Add some hot sauce to take it to the next level...

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
never tried Tapatio how is it hotness wise to siratcha? but you are the best spicy mustarded is a great idea!! i shall make some tonight!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Different seasoning and herbs, diet soda, hot sauce, chicken broth.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always gowith red pepperflakes for spice.

I find some great ones for the crock pot are:

Powdered garlic, seasoned salt, adobo, Mrs dash, Mrs dash extra spicy, hot sauce,pimento and sazon

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
never tried Tapatio how is it hotness wise to siratcha? but you are the best spicy mustarded is a great idea!! i shall make some tonight!!
Tapatio is not quite as hot as siratcha. Its usually super cheap though! Kind of like tabasco but not as vinegary/sour, and with a mexican flair.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Tapatio is not quite as hot as siratcha. Its usually super cheap though! Kind of like tabasco but not as vinegary/sour, and with a mexican flair.
Ok ok ill have to go search for it today, all i know is the spicy mustard taste amazing!! tapatio next if i can find it

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chicken and spicy deli mustard or Dijon mustard is really good as well.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Chicken and spicy deli mustard or Dijon mustard is really good as well.
for sure! I like the Dijon mustard, too, and also honey mustard. Actually haven't met a mustard I don't like yet.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
brown mustard is great, i like the kick it has to it

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can I use chicken BREASTS? Would it be moist?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried to cook rice in the crock pot once. 10 hours later, rice was still hard. Lol, last time I used a crock pot.

DigitalB

DigitalB

Banned
Awards
Sounds like my brown rice, no matter how I cook it, it's always hard.. Lol
Or straight mooshy..

My wife said she cooks chicken in the crockpot.. Lol I've never seen her do it, she's been tricking me for years apparently..

She said she'll just season up the chicken however and throw it in..
Sounds sketchy to me, but I've been eating it apparently lol

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Can I use chicken BREASTS? Would it be moist?
I use breasts and they are usually moist enough.

I typically take the breasts and add onion, bell peppers, cilantro and garlic, cover with water and cook on low overnight for 8 hours. Then I shred the chicken with a couple forks and mix everything up and then portion it out for the next 4-5 days. Tastes great over rice!

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use a slow cooker probably 4-5x/week, sometimes even have two going at once when I'm making lunch for the week over the weekend.

I usually try to mix it up and alternate between spiced dishes and citrus/herb seasoned dishes to keep from getting bored.

For herbs, I usually keep fresh sprigs of rosemary, sage, and thyme since the woody herbs survive the long cooking time of a slow cooker with much more flavor than leafy herbs.

--

Some spicy dishes you might not have tried:

-Look for an indian grocery near you and buy curry powder mixes from them, You can get a bag of spices that is enough to make dozens of meals, for just a few dollars, WAY cheaper than buying say, a jar of Patak's from a regular grocery store or even going to your local ethnic grocer. Most mid-size or larger cities have a small indian grocer somewhere.

There are lots of inidan curries that are very aromatic and have more unique flavors than just dousing your chicken in sriracha. Also, turmeric is in most curries and has an abundance of health benefits as well.

-Go your your local ethnic grocer, buy a big jar of thai curry paste and make a thai curry with coconut milk. I prefer Indian to Thai so I don't make this more than a couple of times a month but this is just another way to mix it up and have something that tastes different every now and then.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
A good Buffalo sauce is "Frank's" hot sauce, and if you want to change up your crock pot meal you can add a brick of cream cheese with your sauces, or herbs. I really like to add it to Italian chicken.

Uchiha00

Awards
I was making crock pot chicken a lot and I would shred it after , mainly bbq

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Throw in some lentils and bone broth, potatoes, carrots and peppers, yummy

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff in this thread. Lots of crock pot bodybuilding recipes on youtube. The meat is so tender and delicious when done in a crockpot

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ricroc Nutrition / Health 26
CaponeCEO Recipes 2
msucurt Recipes 0
JudoJosh Recipes 3
Caferacer Nutrition / Health 51