Critique my cutting diet

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5 foot 8, 190 pounds, 10% body fat. I would like to cut down to low single digits. My diet looks like thi's so far :

Meal 1 pre workout : 2 scoops whey iso, 1 cup oats

Meal 2 post workout : 50 grams whey, cup of pineapple

Meal 3, 1 hour later after post : 8 ounce chicken, 1 cup brown rice

Meal 4, three hours later : 8 ounce chicken, 1 cup brown rice

Meal 5, three hours later: 8ounce chicken, spinach

Meal 6 pre bed : 6 whole eggs

Am I missing anything? How does this look ?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I'd add fish oil, green tea, coffee, BCAAs, and maybe some more veggies like peppers, kale etc. Just to ensure you have all the fiber you need. That being said spinach is a solid vegetable so as long as you get enough of it you should be alright.

Also if this is truly all you are eating you may need to add some healthy fats aside from fish oil to ensure your body can function properly.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Just looking at it at first glance, protein intake looks sky high. Is this your maintenance diet? Or are you able to lose weight eating this much? If so, I'm incredibly jealous haha. That's more than I eat while bulking.

And I would second the recommendation for adding some green vegetables and fiber into some of those meals. It'll help keep things running properly

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Really I thought I wasnt eating enough lol. I deplete pretty fast

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I feel eating every 3 hours give my body enough time to digest and use up everything before going into the next meal

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Is it bad that my only fat source is from eggs and is coming before bed ? I'm alergic to nuts so not much options for me and not a fan of avocado or flax.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
A 32oz tub of coconut oil costs about $10 on Amazon.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Really I thought I wasnt eating enough lol. I deplete pretty fast
If you feel like you're depleting fast, I would switch out some protein for extra carbs. At 190 pounds, there isn't a a need to have protein that high. I think you would feel less depleted and have improved performance by trading 100g of protein for 100g of carbs. 200g of protein should be plenty IMO. Adding in a nutrient partitioner/GDA product would also help too. Using a product like Slinmax before your bigger carb meals would help improve insulin sensitivity and nutrient uptake to the muscle, which could help you feel less depleted and more pumped/full.

Also, fats do seem a bit low. Have you considered adding in olive oil?

Rynamite

Awards
I like mixing some MCT oil into my protein shakes for a good way to get healthy fats.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
So how about cut down the chicken 6 ounces per meal and add an extra cup of brown rice with meal 5 ? Wherr would you recommend my fats be at ? I always have been confused to when and how much fat I should consume while dieting down

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So how about cut down the chicken 6 ounces per meal and add an extra cup of brown rice with meal 5 ? Wherr would you recommend my fats be at ? I always have been confused to when and how much fat I should consume while dieting down
A good rule of thumb is have fats make up at least 20% of your daily calories. Consuming fat during cutting doesn't make one fat or hold onto weight. Eating more calories is the reason why. Don't overthink this. Eat less calories than your body needs, to lose weight.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
When would you say the best time of day to consume your fat intake that will maximize fat loss/lean muscle. This is my first time dieting down natty and having issues getting to single digit bf without the juice so I want my diet to be on point

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I have never used mct oil because I was never sure how to add the fats to your total fat intake for the day because it absorbs for fast energy and it behaves differently compared to other fats.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When would you say the best time of day to consume your fat intake that will maximize fat loss/lean muscle. This is my first time dieting down natty and having issues getting to single digit bf without the juice so I want my diet to be on point
Eat your fats whenever you want. You're really overthinking this. It is not worth majoring in the minors.

Dholmes90

Awards
Your diet looks decent, but could use some tweaking. Personally, I think your fat intake is on the low side, bump it up and reduce your protein a bit. Eat more fat bro, it'll actually help you lose weight as oxymoronic as it may sound to some people. Fats help keep your hormones regulated and keeps things running optimally, especially when you're in a cutting phase. Meal timing is irrelevant btw.

Olive oil, peanut butter, avocado and nuts are great sources, but more calorie dense so be careful how much you use.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Your diet looks decent, but could use some tweaking. Personally, I think your fat intake is on the low side, bump it up and reduce your protein a bit. Eat more fat bro, it'll actually help you lose weight as oxymoronic as it may sound to some people. Fats help keep your hormones regulated and keeps things running optimally, especially when you're in a cutting phase. Meal timing is irrelevant btw.

Olive oil, peanut butter, avocado and nuts are great sources, but more calorie dense so be careful how much you use.
He's allergic to nuts lol