Credit card fraud...keep your eyes on your accounts

johnvonjones

Awards
Got hit with a fraudulent charge...may not be related to anything I've ordered, but because of the global situation (banks and credit card offices closed) there might be a few bad apples trying to steal your money.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Yep, there has been a definite uptick around my parts, especially after a grocery store visit.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my wife and I tore up credit cards long ago....If we order online we load a debit card for the amount we plan to spend. all of our transactions are cash except for online purchases.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had two separate fraudulent activities in the past 3 weeks. So yeah gotta keep a closer eye on it now.

johnvonjones

Awards
my wife and I tore up credit cards long ago....If we order online we load a debit card for the amount we plan to spend. all of our transactions are cash except for online purchases.
There are a few options for one time use debit/credit card numbers now.

I think one is called privacy.com or something

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah lots of fishy stuff happening since the quarantine sadly people are taking advantage of the situation. I’ve received quite a few emails that were fake banks mails and stuff like that. Gotta be careful

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On Tuesday someone in Columbia tried to charge around $650 on my card discover denied it. Sent me a new card but I'm a little nervous about that.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On Tuesday someone in Columbia tried to charge around $650 on my card discover denied it. Sent me a new card but I'm a little nervous about that.
Lol i can’t believe these fucking scumbags trying to steal people for a living... fucking little rats

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All my cards have alerts set so if someone tries anything I see right away. This way o can report right away.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got hit with a fraudulent charge...may not be related to anything I've ordered, but because of the global situation (banks and credit card offices closed) there might be a few bad apples trying to steal your money.
From supp shop?

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Criminals never take a break. Legally you are only "required" to pay the first $50 in fraud. I do think that law has been changed and you are responsible for none of it and I was never aware of a bank that charged the first $50. Also for the longest time you only had $30 days to dispute a bad charge so be timely with them. Its been years since I have worked in credit cards, but if anything i think they have gotten more consumer friendly.