CREATINE

musclebound

Awards
WHICH COMPANY HAS THE BEST CREATINE TO BUY RIGHT NOW?

HELP ME CHOOSE

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Personally I just go with whatever creatine monohydrate product is at the right price regardless of the company. My go to recently has been ON creatine monohydrate.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My answer is one that some on here don't agree with, but I HATE Creatine Monohydrate personally because it makes me feel super bloated. If it works for you and doesn't bloat you and make you miserable though, most any reputable brand should be fine. We've been asked to bring one back out and we might, not sure yet.

For me personally, I like either Creatine HCI or Creatine Magnapower (Magnesium Creatine Chelate). We offer both forms - Creatine HCI in capsules and powder form and then Magnesium Creatine Chelate in a powder form. Both are still super cost effective and there's no bloating and fluid retention like many people, including me experience with Monohydrate.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although I greatly respect @sns8778 I disagree with his opinion on creatine monohydrate, at least in the Creapure form or a good micronized brand. I know some people do get bloating from creatine monohydrate, but that is the first type I would recommend trying. It's been the most widely studied and is proven to work in probably hundreds of studies. If you have gastrointestinal problems with it, try another form.

I would look for a plain creatine monohydrate made with Creapure creatine and take that 5g a day. If you want an additional boost, stack that with 3-6g of beta alanine and 3-5g of citrulline malate. Take that daily and preworkout, just mix it in some Koolaid you can make with splenda and it covers the taste. You will have great pumps, get more reps, and get much stronger and can do much longer sessions with that plain and simple stack.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Although I greatly respect @sns8778 I disagree with his opinion on creatine monohydrate, at least in the Creapure form or a good micronized brand. I know some people do get bloating from creatine monohydrate, but that is the first type I would recommend trying. It's been the most widely studied and is proven to work in probably hundreds of studies. If you have gastrointestinal problems with it, try another form.

I would look for a plain creatine monohydrate made with Creapure creatine and take that 5g a day. If you want an additional boost, stack that with 3-6g of beta alanine and 3-5g of citrulline malate. Take that daily and preworkout, just mix it in some Koolaid you can make with splenda and it covers the taste. You will have great pumps, get more reps, and get much stronger and can do much longer sessions with that plain and simple stack.
You literally disagreed with me just to agree with me. My post specifically said:
My answer is one that some on here don't agree with, but I HATE Creatine Monohydrate personally because it makes me feel super bloated. If it works for you and doesn't bloat you and make you miserable though, most any reputable brand should be fine. We've been asked to bring one back out and we might, not sure yet.

In that post I specifically said that I hate it personally because of the way it makes ME feel but that if it works for someone and doesn't make them feel bloated and miserable, that most any reputable brand should be fine. I even said that we've had some people start asking us to start back doing a Creatine Monohydrate and that we might.

So you disagree with my opinion about how something works for ME? What the hell man, come on. This is getting old. I don't really care if you agree with me or not, but you don't get to tell me how something works for me. I have a small waist and joint structure and when I take monohydrate, even CreaPure, I looked I swallowed a damn Volkswagen Beetle it makes me so bloated and I have a hard time with mobility in some movements bc of the fluid retention.

I expressed my personal opinion, but its not just my opinion. A lot of women won't take Creatine Monohydrate because of issues with bloating and fluid retention and a lot of athletes, especially in combat sports won't use it because it can affect their mobility. One of my good friends is a professional boxer and he uses Magnesium Creatine Chelate for that very reason.

Here's a very common misconception about Creatine Monohydrate vs. Creatine Magnapower - people tend to think that Monohydrate is cheaper but there isn't much difference.

Daily Creatine Magnapower/Magnesium Creatine Chelate Dose - 2.5 grams per day
Average cost of 100 Servings (250 grams) - 24.99
Cost per serving: 24.9 cents

Daily Creatine Monohydrate dose - 5 grams per day
Average cost of 100 servings (500 grams) - Approx. 20.00
Cost Per Serving: 20.00 cents

So for .05 cents per day, a person can get a type that doesn't cause bloating and fluid retention or the GI issues that some people experience with Creatine Monohydrate. Plus, the research is great on Creatine Magnapower for strength and power output.

In closing, like I said in my original post, for people that don't experience bloating, fluid retention, and GI distress, Creatine Monohydrate is a fine option. For people that do experience those issues or people that don't want to try it to find out and just want to go with a type that isn't going to, Magnesium Creatine Chelate is a great option. Creatine HCI is a good option too as well.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You literally disagreed with me just to agree with me. My post specifically said:

In that post I specifically said that I hate it personally because of the way it makes ME feel but that if it works for someone and doesn't make them feel bloated and miserable, that most any reputable brand should be fine. I even said that we've had some people start asking us to start back doing a Creatine Monohydrate and that we might.

So you disagree with my opinion about how something works for ME? What the hell man, come on. This is getting old. I don't really care if you agree with me or not, but you don't get to tell me how something works for me. I have a small waist and joint structure and when I take monohydrate, even CreaPure, I looked I swallowed a damn Volkswagen Beetle it makes me so bloated and I have a hard time with mobility in some movements bc of the fluid retention.

I expressed my personal opinion, but its not just my opinion. A lot of women won't take Creatine Monohydrate because of issues with bloating and fluid retention and a lot of athletes, especially in combat sports won't use it because it can affect their mobility. One of my good friends is a professional boxer and he uses Magnesium Creatine Chelate for that very reason.

Here's a very common misconception about Creatine Monohydrate vs. Creatine Magnapower - people tend to think that Monohydrate is cheaper but there isn't much difference.

So for .05 cents per day, a person can get a type that doesn't cause bloating and fluid retention or the GI issues that some people experience with Creatine Monohydrate. Plus, the research is great on Creatine Magnapower for strength and power output.

In closing, like I said in my original post, for people that don't experience bloating, fluid retention, and GI distress, Creatine Monohydrate is a fine option. For people that do experience those issues or people that don't want to try it to find out and just want to go with a type that isn't going to, Magnesium Creatine Chelate is a great option. Creatine HCI is a good option too as well.
For what it’s worth, monohydrate throttles my guts big time. I’ve never tried HCI or MCC but because of comments you’ve made about these options in other threads, I now have both on deck. Hoping one, or both, will take over my creatine needs. Apologies for the derail, OP.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For what it’s worth, monohydrate throttles my guts big time. I’ve never tried HCI or MCC but because of comments you’ve made about these options in other threads, I now have both on deck. Hoping one, or both, will take over my creatine needs. Apologies for the derail, OP.
Same here !!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

thank you for this post. What is your opinion on creatine nitrate?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thank you for this post. What is your opinion on creatine nitrate?
I view it as more of a pump ingredient than a creatine source in my opinion.

I personally cannot use nitrates but some people love them. I'm not speaking badly of them; its's that I have interesting situation with blood pressure. I think the words hereditary and genetic get thrown around way too often and sometimes used as excuses for people not trying to control things through proper diet and exercise but mine is truly that. My dad has high blood pressure and has all of his life and its been hard to control even with medications. I started having high blood pressure as a teenager. I never wanted to use medications for it so I didn't. Ironically, the better I eat, the worse it is. I know, defies logic but years worth of proof in BP readings confirms it, even to my doctors. If I'm tight on my diet, BP was terrible. If I go on a pizza and gushers (favorite candy) diet, BP gets better lol. Anyway, over the years, I have a very specific supplement regimen that controls my blood pressure very well. And when I've used nitrates that throws it out of whack.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use Allmax Creatine Monohydrate.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for sharing. I appreciate that. I think there are so many people out there that that happens to and then they just give up on creatine when there are other forms available that they may be able to use. I hope that you'll like one or both types.

I always try to help people out and educate people on things. We make both Creatine HCI caps and powder and Magnesium Creatine Chelate powder; and we make them because I really do feel like they are superior for many people.

We are temporarily out of Magnesium Creatine Chelate but we should have it back in stock next week. As soon as we do, I'll either run it on sale or do a coupon code for it.

Here are some links for anyone that wants to check them out:

Creatine HCI Caps - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl-caps/

Creatine HCI Powder - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl/
(Blue Raspberry does seem to clump worse than Lemon Lime; its harmless, just giving a heads up)

Magnesium Creatine Chelate Powder - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/magnesium-creatine-chelate/

Same here !!
If you decide to give one of the others a try, I hope you'll be pleased with them. I like both types and use both types, but if I had to choose just one, I'd probably pick the Magnesium Creatine Chelate but thats because for me personally, it also seems to help with the muscle pain and weakness I feel from my autoimmune condition. Which makes sense bc I've talked to some customers that specifically buy that type based off doctor referrals for autoimmune issues.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for sharing. I appreciate that. I think there are so many people out there that that happens to and then they just give up on creatine when there are other forms available that they may be able to use. I hope that you'll like one or both types.

I always try to help people out and educate people on things. We make both Creatine HCI caps and powder and Magnesium Creatine Chelate powder; and we make them because I really do feel like they are superior for many people.

We are temporarily out of Magnesium Creatine Chelate but we should have it back in stock next week. As soon as we do, I'll either run it on sale or do a coupon code for it.

Here are some links for anyone that wants to check them out:

Creatine HCI Caps - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl-caps/

Creatine HCI Powder - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/creatine-hcl/
(Blue Raspberry does seem to clump worse than Lemon Lime; its harmless, just giving a heads up)

Magnesium Creatine Chelate Powder - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/magnesium-creatine-chelate/

If you decide to give one of the others a try, I hope you'll be pleased with them. I like both types and use both types, but if I had to choose just one, I'd probably pick the Magnesium Creatine Chelate but thats because for me personally, it also seems to help with the muscle pain and weakness I feel from my autoimmune condition. Which makes sense bc I've talked to some customers that specifically buy that type based off doctor referrals for autoimmune issues.
Appreciate the info! I grabbed a tub of the SNS creatine HCI a week ago (blue raspberry) to combine with another product to use peri-workout. I’d personally grab some of your MCC as well, so definitely let us know when it’s in stock. I apologize to the OP again for the derail, but you mentioned in a previous post somewhere that you use both HCI and MCC at different times. Is there a specific time/situation you prefer to use one over the other?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the info! I grabbed a tub of the SNS creatine HCI a week ago (blue raspberry) to combine with another product to use peri-workout. I’d personally grab some of your MCC as well, so definitely let us know when it’s in stock. I apologize to the OP again for the derail, but you mentioned in a previous post somewhere that you use both HCI and MCC at different times. Is there a specific time/situation you prefer to use one over the other?
I don't think we're really derailing if you think about it because the OP asked for the best type of creatine and that's what we're discussing is the best type and best situations for use.

I want to say too that between Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Creatine HCI, some people will find that one may work better for one person, and one may work better for the other. For me, I like both of them.

I normally use MCC pre and Creatine HCI post. The reason I do that is because I tend to train on the heavier side and there is so much good data on MCC for strength and power that I definitely prefer it for the pre one. But I like to take creatine pre and post so I take MCC pre and HCI post. There's no real science there to that, its just that I respond well to both and MCC has the great strength and power data pre, so I do it pre and HCI post. I hope that makes sense.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think we're really derailing if you think about it because the OP asked for the best type of creatine and that's what we're discussing is the best type and best situations for use.

I want to say too that between Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Creatine HCI, some people will find that one may work better for one person, and one may work better for the other. For me, I like both of them.

I normally use MCC pre and Creatine HCI post. The reason I do that is because I tend to train on the heavier side and there is so much good data on MCC for strength and power that I definitely prefer it for the pre one. But I like to take creatine pre and post so I take MCC pre and HCI post. There's no real science there to that, its just that I respond well to both and MCC has the great strength and power data pre, so I do it pre and HCI post. I hope that makes sense.
I suppose you’re right. I overly worry about jacking up other people’s threads with my questions, but I guess it’s on topic. I appreciate the info and will give your method a try. Hell, anything’s gotta be better than monohydrate. I’m willing to bet that your info will be beneficial to other folks besides me, so thanks for sharing your experience with these other options.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I suppose you’re right. I overly worry about jacking up other people’s threads with my questions, but I guess it’s on topic. I appreciate the info and will give your method a try. Hell, anything’s gotta be better than monohydrate. I’m willing to bet that your info will be beneficial to other folks besides me, so thanks for sharing your experience with these other options.
I used to be the same way. I was always worry about being a little off subject or off topic that I would derail something, that I wouldn't reply at all sometimes. I like to help people in general and don't worry about derailing as much anymore, but I think we're on topic here anyway.

And thank you. I really appreciate it. Sometimes when I post about my negative experiences with monohydrate, I catch a little crap from people bc some of the regulars that it doesn't bother act like it doesn't bother anyone, but there are so many people that it does. If monohydrate were the only type available, I just wouldn't be able to use it at all. And I know a lot of women hate the fluid retention and bloating. And one of my friends thats a pro boxer can't take the regular; he says it slows him down so much bc of the fluid retention. So I really do appreciate you sharing your experience as well and I really do hope these other types help and also that our conversation helps others as well :)