Creatine hcl

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you guys discontinue the creatine hcl powder? If so, how come?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Considering I posted in the sns company thread....you guys would be the company.
Ok it just popped up in my alerts. Not sure why. Im just a forum member? So I would think they will respond to you

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok it just popped up in my alerts. Not sure why. Im just a forum member? So I would think they will respond to you
I don't think he meant anything bad by it. I think he was just confused. He posted his question in our company sub-forum, you replied asking him who he was asking and then kind of putting down his question with the monohydrate part of your reply. On your end, I think it popped up in your alerts and you replied without realizing it was in our sub-forum. So I hope you can see where the part of you telling him to stick to monohydrate may have came off wrong.

There are some people that like and prefer monohydrate. But there are other people that don't like basic monohydrate because they don't like to load and feel that monohydrate makes them retain too much water retention.

That's why on our end we offer people options. We offer Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine HCI, and Creatine Magnapower/Magnesium Creatine Chelate.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think he meant anything bad by it. I think he was just confused. He posted his question in our company sub-forum, you replied asking him who he was asking and then kind of putting down his question with the monohydrate part of your reply. On your end, I think it popped up in your alerts and you replied without realizing it was in our sub-forum. So I hope you can see where the part of you telling him to stick to monohydrate may have came off wrong.

There are some people that like and prefer monohydrate. But there are other people that don't like basic monohydrate because they don't like to load and feel that monohydrate makes them retain too much water retention.

That's why on our end we offer people options. We offer Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine HCI, and Creatine Magnapower/Magnesium Creatine Chelate.
Glad to hear it’s not discontinued....I hear that you also have a new creatine formulation on the horizon?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I got no clue what was the point of you writing all that. Obviously I did not know it was in the sub forum. He said it was out and I made a quick recommendation to just use mono instead. Nothing more nothing less. Then I said I think someone from your company would reply once I was informed it was in the subforum.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also it's been known for years you don't need to load with mono. Where have you been

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya ive seen tjat. I think theres other benifits to higher doses but saturation is not one
But reaching muscle Creatine saturation is the primary benefit. Cognitive benefits seem to be obtained simply from eating meat in a normal diet, so at a lower dose, as evidenced by Creatine improving cognition in vegans/vegetarians but not meat eaters. If you reach saturation, you’re getting the primary benefit out of Creatine.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But reaching muscle Creatine saturation is the primary benefit. Cognitive benefits seem to be obtained simply from eating meat in a normal diet, so at a lower dose, as evidenced by Creatine improving cognition in vegans/vegetarians but not meat eaters. If you reach saturation, you’re getting the primary benefit out of Creatine.
You lost me

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was agreeing that small doses of creatine works. Did I miss something? I'm at a wedding reception and drinking so I might have missed something

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was agreeing that small doses of creatine works. Did I miss something? I'm at a wedding reception and drinking so I might have missed something
I said you can achieve saturation with low doses. You said you think there’s other benefits besides saturation with higher doses. I said that saturation is the primary goal, so higher doses are not necessary and won’t do much if anything extra.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also it's been known for years you don't need to load with mono. Where have you been

I know some people who can’t take mono. It does a number on the GI. SNS offers other types for people who prefer them or who’s stomachs just can’t handle mono.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got no clue what was the point of you writing all that. Obviously I did not know it was in the sub forum. He said it was out and I made a quick recommendation to just use mono instead. Nothing more nothing less. Then I said I think someone from your company would reply once I was informed it was in the subforum.
The point of the first paragraph was to explain that I didn't think he was trying to be argumentative with his reply and also to explain to people that read but don't post that I didn't think you were trying to be rude either. The intention was basically me being nice. There are a lot of people that read the forums but don't post that don't understand how the threads may pop up sometimes for people and people may reply without realizing they are in a sub-forum so I was just explaining to anyone that may be reading now, a year from now, etc. that I didn't think either of you were trying to be disagreeable to one another. That was all.

The point of the second paragraph was to address what you said about he should stick to monohydrate. Some companies that make other types of Creatine frequently bash Monohydrate. My point was to let people know that Monohydrate is great for some people but for people that don't like it, we have other options available.

I never said that people had to load with Monohydrate. However, there are many people that do feel like they have to because that's what they read in a lot of places and that may deter them from wanting to use it so they look for alternatives. Also, we live in an age of impatience. Some people look at it as they 'have' to load because they feel they will get the results from Creatine so much faster if they do.

I also said that there are a lot of people that don't like Monohydrate because they feel that it makes them hold too much water retention. I unfortunately fall into this category so I can relate. I am very prone to holding water weight and Monohydrate makes me feel like I swallowed a Volkswagen :)

I know some people who can’t take mono. It does a number on the GI. SNS offers other types for people who prefer them or who’s stomachs just can’t handle mono.
Absolutely. I think for people that don't have any water retention or GI issues with Monohydrate, its easy to overlook how annoying these issues may be to the people that do. People can get so caught up in the 'what's the best type of creatine' arguments but the truth is that different types work different for different people.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This. There was a study published in 1996 showing that you can achieve saturation using 3g/day for 28 days.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8828669/
Unless you’re very impatient, there’s no need to load at all, and you don’t even need the standard 5g per day at that.
When I reply, please keep in mind I try to address things that people reading but not posting may be thinking about the subject at hand based off the types of questions we get in customer service emails, etc. The original poster asking the question was told to stick to Monohydrate when he was asking about Creatine HCI so I was simply expressing that while Monohydrate is great there are reasons that some people do look for and like other forms of Creatine better. My posts only ever have one intention and that is to help people.

I was never saying that people needed to load but many people feel like they have to because of what they read in various places and also because of impatience like you point out. The perception with Monohydrate to the average person is that they 'need' to load so many look for alternatives. Plus there are the people like myself that hold a lot of fluid retention from Monohydrate so they prefer other options.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear it’s not discontinued....I hear that you also have a new creatine formulation on the horizon?
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I prefer Creatine HCl and Magnesium Creatine Chelate myself. We are looking at a couple of different options for creatine formulation products.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m seeing couple sites has it in stock

If your looking for caps .. someone has expired 10/18 750mg-120 caps bottle for $9

Darn good deal .. I’m currently doing MCC which is my fav along with Hcl

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m seeing couple sites has it in stock

If your looking for caps .. someone has expired 10/18 750mg-120 caps bottle for $9

Darn good deal .. I’m currently doing MCC which is my fav along with Hcl

Damn that’s a good.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre & post here .. brain better be 3x size

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The three best creatines.

I prefer creatine HCL, followed closely by creatine magnesium chelate and finally creatine monoydrate--not that monohydrate doesn't work as well (they will all saturate the muscle within a few weeks of use, although some are more efficient than others and each has its own unique benefits), but because it causes too much intestinal water retention for my tastes.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya ive seen tjat. I think theres other benifits to higher doses but saturation is not one
Myostatin inhibition.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got a new bottle of Creatine hcl and noticed you guys changed the color of the powder...any reason why? Stains the **** out of my hands now just from touching the scoop.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just got a new bottle of Creatine hcl and noticed you guys changed the color of the powder...any reason why? Stains the **** out of my hands now just from touching the scoop.
Pm me please. We added a blue color to it bc some people complained about it not having a color. We did a run with color to see what people liked the best.

Last edited: