Creatine during off week?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have a planned off week Coming up late feb. Currently using SNS MCC at 5 caps a day on training days and 4 caps a day off days. Been on 4 weeks. Should I stop taking the mcc for the 6 days I wnt be training? Or maintain 4 caps a day? Or drop to 2 or 3 caps a day? I will have been on for 6 weeks at the point of my layoff. Thanks.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Just keep it at least 4-5 days of 5 caps that week to keep saturation levels. Won't hurt, won't bloat, won't do you any harm and it will aid your recovery during that off week.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would still take the daily dose at least for 3-4 days IMO.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually only take it on training days and if I for some reason take time off from the gym use that as a time to take a break.

No real need for a break tho and the added magnesium chelate you will get from it is beneficial all the time IMO.

Ya my answer didn't really clarify anything..oops. :eek:

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol
Thanks guys it helped. I'll just dose 4 caps

boogyman

Awards
I wouldn't dose it at all on off days while your working out. I only take my creatine on training days 4 days a week. If taking a week off, take it every other day, that should be fine.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't dose it at all on off days while your working out. I only take my creatine on training days 4 days a week. If taking a week off, take it every other day, that should be fine.
Currently lift mon-fri and I was just starting to use creatine literally for the first time ever lol so I wanted it to build up. I went with coops rec. Of a lower dose daily