Cream of rice?

TWayne_86

TWayne_86

Awards
First off, I’m new here, and excited to gain some knowledge. Anyway, I’m on my first natural bulk. My diet is pretty consistent, and isn’t much different than my cutting diet, except I’ve added about 1000 calories, and am trying to source most of them from good carbs. I just bought cream of rice for the first time. I like that it’s calorie dense, because I struggle to get 3700 calories a day, and keep eating clean. My oats are a staple. I eat them around 2:15 every morning, and I’m lifting around 3:30. I’m wondering if I would benefit more from having the cream of rice with my oats, after my workout in my protein shake, or replacing my oats. I’m leaning more towards post, because I feel like it’ll help restore my glycogen levels, after my workout depletes them. Any and all advice is sincerely appreciated! Thank you!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the long run, it will not make too much of a difference. Eat whatever you prefer at those times. Unless you are an endurance athlete, you will not burn all gylcogen stores. If one is using insulin, then the cream of rice might be better.

I like oatmeal post workout, because I can make overnight oats and I do not have to cook when I get home from the gym, it is something quick I can eat right away. I would not be able to do oatmeal post workout because it makes me feel too full and like I am going to puke when I squat or deadlift, so on those days, I will opt for rice cakes or cream or rice pre workout.