Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i work in the sun/heat and do quite a bit of sweating...what if i were to apply my transdermals, let dry and then spray antiperspirant over the transdermals?

@delsolrob @nostrum420

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting... Earlier this week, I was working outside in 112° heat index.. Quite sure I sweat all the good stuff off. Lol

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Id be cautious about the molecular size of the antiperspirant ingredients. May not want to absorb them

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not super familiar with antiperspirant formulations. I'm inclined to say it's probably not the end of the world but I'm really not sure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Id be cautious about the molecular size of the antiperspirant ingredients. May not want to absorb them
this is why i would let transdermals fully dry 1st...my thought is to seal them in.

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would not want to use antiperspirant all over my body. I can't even use them on my armpits. The ingredients helping transdermals get through the skin would probably help get antiperspirant ingredients through the skin too.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would not want to use antiperspirant all over my body. I can't even use them on my armpits. The ingredients helping transdermals get through the skin would probably help get antiperspirant ingredients through the skin too.
you misunderstand my reasoning, it's not to help absorption, it is to keep transdermal from sweating off. my idea is that the antiperspirant would form a barrier to hold transdermals in.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
where do you apply the transdermal? My thought was to apply the transdermal then wrap it in Saniderm?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like we just need to get you out of the sun @thebigt ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its worth a try, do it on a same area first and work your way up if there are no ill effects.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You could use DMSO over the topicals to speed up absorption. Then you won't have to worry about transdermal sweating off.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Boof the transdermals bro. Your poop chute doesn't sweat.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cover the area in plastic wrap and you’ll keep on sweating and re absorbing it.

I’m not serious lol. But idk what you can do to not sweat it out
Interesting thread

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
used it over neck shoulders and chest today, still sweated a lot but when it dried it really dried. left a white residue from my salty sweat.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
used it over neck shoulders and chest today, still sweated a lot but when it dried it really dried. left a white residue from my salty sweat.
I’d be concerned that sweating would reactivate the carriers in the transdermal and you would be absorbing extra aluminum from the antiperspirant. I don’t recall if it was on this forum or M&M back in the glory days discussing light sweating could enhance transdermal absorption...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’d be concerned that sweating would reactivate the carriers in the transdermal and you would be absorbing extra aluminum from the antiperspirant. I don’t recall if it was on this forum or M&M back in the glory days discussing light sweating could enhance transdermal absorption...
i agree, this experiment is over.

i like thinking outside the box but after doing some research i've found risks outweigh rewards.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
next up i will be trying out banana boat clear ultrasport sunscreen spray. it claims to be water resistent for up to 80 minutes, this should lock in transdermals-hopefully.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, the banana boat is the ticket...used it over transdermals and did some gardening. sweat was still there but i feel the banana boat sealed in the transdermals and prevented sweating them out. going to stick with this.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe you can re-bottle it and sell it ? Trans-dermal Supplement Sealer, Don't Sweat The Gains!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you can re-bottle it and sell it ? Trans-dermal Supplement Sealer, Don't Sweat The Gains!!
actually i think @delsolrob is working on something like this!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of the great things about the supplement industry, someone always working on something new !!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've not used one, but I have read that there are spray on moisturizers that are touted on doing what you are looking to do.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've not used one, but I have read that there are spray on moisturizers that are touted on doing what you are looking to do.
i am really liking the banana boat, going to stick with it for a minute and see if any difference is felt.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i am really liking the banana boat, going to stick with it for a minute and see if any difference is felt.
I have thought about using a spray after having read a study that concluded that applying moisturizer about 30 minutes to an hour after the TD dries, it increases absorption by about 15%.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have thought about using a spray after having read a study that concluded that applying moisturizer about 30 minutes to an hour after the TD dries, it increases absorption by about 15%.
my biggest concern wasn't absorption, but rather sweating it all off. but better absorption is always good.

the banana boat says it's water repellent for up to 90 minutes.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
my biggest concern wasn't absorption, but rather sweating it all off. but better absorption is always good.

the banana boat says it's water repellent for up to 90 minutes.
Makes sense