Crashed Test-E, Please Help

skeptical

Awards
I have a vial of Test-E, purchased from a prominent UG lab, which has fallen out of solution after about a month and a half on the shelf. I assume that this type of thing is fairly common, so I was hoping that someone could give me some tips on reconstituting it. Thanks ahead of time.

On a side note, for those of you accustomed to dealing with these types of things, do you think I should bring it up to the person who I bought it from? Is this the type of thing that deserves a complaint?

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
yeah you should bring it up to the person. Was it cold where it was stored? Cause test E should not crash i mean it is almost a liquid at room body temperature as it is so it should take very little solvent to keep it in solution. I am thinking it may be miss labeled test prop.
Dick

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
whatever the case, bring a pot of shallow water to boil, take it off heat and let cool for a second. immerse vial and swirl for 10 min or until it goes back into solution. if it crashes again, you COULD add either some sterile oil or BB to bring the concentration down a bit and hopefully it'll hold. oh, i would definetly mention it to the supplier

skeptical

Awards
Thanks for the advice, I will bring it up with the supplier. Thing is, the solution is really not all that concentrated--just 250 mgs/ml. It really wasn't cold where it was stored either--between 60 and 70 degrees pretty consistantly. The BA content seems kind of low though--4%. Could that have anything to do with it? I really doubt that it's Prop.

I've also heard of other people baking crashed vials in the oven or heating them in the microwave. Is the water bath method preferable to those?

One more question: When heating (with any method) do I need to stick a needle in the vial to release any pressure that builds up?

Thanks.

Jason161

Awards
Thanks for the advice, I will bring it up with the supplier. Thing is, the solution is really not all that concentrated--just 250 mgs/ml. It really wasn't cold where it was stored either--between 60 and 70 degrees pretty consistantly. The BA content seems kind of low though--4%. Could that have anything to do with it? I really doubt that it's Prop.

I've also heard of other people baking crashed vials in the oven or heating them in the microwave. Is the water bath method preferable to those?

One more question: When heating (with any method) do I need to stick a needle in the vial to release any pressure that builds up?

Thanks.
Well first I dont think its common at all if the person knows what they are doing. I've brewed so much gear thats been sitting here since ealy 2003, prop,eq,test e, tren, etc etc, and all the ones I did for buddys, and never had one crash. And to answer your question I wouldnt use the microwave, I would slip in a pin and bring some water in a pot nice and warm, then swirl it in there until it goes back. If it crashes again add BA/BB, terile oil to it, make sure u do the math tho so u know how much you need to draw up next time due to the excess oil or whatever you use.

skeptical

Awards
Well, I gave it a water bath and it went back into solution pretty easily. Thanks for the advice.

I heard back from the source I got it from as well. He tried to make it out to be no big deal and offered to send me some BA to add to it. Personally I think that's BS. If he had made a sound product in the first place why in the world would I need to add more BA to it? Prick! Oh well, I guess that I'll settle for heating it up before every injection and using a different source next time.

Jason161

Awards
Well, I gave it a water bath and it went back into solution pretty easily. Thanks for the advice.

I heard back from the source I got it from as well. He tried to make it out to be no big deal and offered to send me some BA to add to it. Personally I think that's BS. If he had made a sound product in the first place why in the world would I need to add more BA to it? Prick! Oh well, I guess that I'll settle for heating it up before every injection and using a different source next time.
Buy some BA for like 6 bucks, and in case it happens with anything else your set. Its worth it

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Not the end of the world bro! Fell outta solution heat it up. Happens a month or two down the road, heat it up again :)