Cramps completely runing workouts

touchdownthirty

touchdownthirty

Awards
Cramps completely ruining workouts

This has been an ongoing issue for close to a year. I get muscle cramps in my chest and biceps. I will literally lock up. It's exactly like my muscles are flexing on their own, however, the pain is excruciating. I am limited in rang of motion after these cramps. Putting on/taking off shirts are something out of the question because I will get locked up. Sometimes I get these mid-workout, mostly post-workout, though.

I'm a heavy lifter but there are many others out there as well, and I've yet to hear of such a thing. This isn't soreness or tightness, and far from a pump, it's a cramp. I've tried a lot of things: 1 gallon of water a day, 3 bananas a day, increased my sodium intake, rubbing the muscles out, etc.

I'm wondering if I supplement in higher ammounts might I alleviate this? Currently I'm off cycle solely taking SAN's Fierce (preworkout) and BCAA's. I've been told to start supplementing with Glutamine and taking another pre-workout (one without stimulants) after my workout for more creatine.

I'm pushing through, but this is ridiculous. Help, feedback, suggestions, please.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
This has been an ongoing issue for close to a year. I get muscle cramps in my chest and biceps. I will literally lock up. It's exactly like my muscles are flexing on their own, however, the pain is excruciating. I am limited in rang of motion after these cramps. Putting on/taking off shirts are something out of the question because I will get locked up. Sometimes I get these mid-workout, mostly post-workout, though.

I'm a heavy lifter but there are many others out there as well, and I've yet to hear of such a thing. This isn't soreness or tightness, and far from a pump, it's a cramp. I've tried a lot of things: 1 gallon of water a day, 3 bananas a day, increased my sodium intake, rubbing the muscles out, etc.

I'm wondering if I supplement in higher ammounts might I alleviate this? Currently I'm off cycle solely taking SAN's Fierce (preworkout) and BCAA's. I've been told to start supplementing with Glutamine and taking another pre-workout (one without stimulants) after my workout for more creatine.

I'm pushing through, but this is ridiculous. Help, feedback, suggestions, please.
kick up some salt and drink some more water...possibly add some extra taurine..but before that do u get your body warmed up good? and stretch a little before u lift? and then stretch the muscle u just worked after u lifted?? try that

TheCSWFighter

Awards
I have this problem to with my hamstrings and calfs no matter how much water I drink, how much salt I take in, the stretching, potassium, warming up, I've done it all. It's not a terrible thing considering if I do 2 sets to 12 of lying leg curls or seated calf raises and they still grow. They only cramp up on these two specific exercises. Something I've been doing lately though is a few more sets and lower reps. 4-6 reps has been my target lately.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rodefeeh Nutrition / Health 12
Supplements 36
mixedup Anabolics 1
thegodfather Supplements 7
Anabolics 14