AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My PCT officially begins two weeks from yesterday. The cycle was a simple Test E 500 mg/week.

Couple of questions though.

First, I increased my protein intake from pre cycle. Prior to cycling it was 1.5g/lb of body weight. On cycle, and still, I am aiming for 1.75-2 g/lb of body weight. Once I start PCT, should I drop it back down to 1.5 grams? The gear helps utilize the extra protein versus being off cycle, 1.5 grams is the higher end anyway. Any point on keeping it higher than 1.5g/,b?

Second, I was going to reduce my training volume. I follow a 5/3/1 PPL modified program. I know where I am going to cut volume, but the question is when. Would I also cut the volume at the start of PCT once the last injection clears the system?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friendly bump
Personally, if you’re a hardgainer trying to bulk up I would keep your protein high still but most importantly your overall cals. In my experience, about middle/end of week 2 of PCT(about 3-4 weeks after last inject with Test E) is when I feel my strength and ability to recover seem to go back to normal. I wouldn’t cut out too much volume unless you notice your ability to recover is shot. You won’t be as strong or recover as fast off cycle but you should still be progressed beyond where you were at PRE-cycle. How has this run treated you so far?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, if you’re a hardgainer trying to bulk up I would keep your protein high still but most importantly your overall cals. In my experience, about middle/end of week 2 of PCT(about 3-4 weeks after last inject with Test E) is when I feel my strength and ability to recover seem to go back to normal. I wouldn’t cut out too much volume unless you notice your ability to recover is shot. You won’t be as strong or recover as fast off cycle but you should still be progressed beyond where you were at PRE-cycle. How has this run treated you so far?
Same perspective on volume.... The first couple weeks you won't really notice much strength/volume loss in the gym. You will know when your body just can't handle what it was doing and then drop down as needed imo. Listen to your body. No need to drop it until your body can't handle it.

And eat! If you keep cals high you will gain a bit of fat but if your goal is hold as much size as possible this is the way to go.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cals I am going to keep the same or drop slightly. Maybe 50-100 per day. I may start that this coming week. Maybe I will drop the protein 3 weeks after my last shot. I am going to do more investigating.

During the cycle, my last weigh in was the day after my last shot, I gained 18.8 pounds. I cannot button my neck button on my dress shirts for work and my chest and back area on my dress shirts is super tight. Strength went up a lot as well. Waist got a touch bigger, but with almost 20 pounds, that was expected. However, I did abs three times per week alternating low and higher reps. My core is a lot stronger so it is not all fat. I seem to have the same amount of fat, maybe a touch more, on my abs, but that could just be extra water/glycogen as well.

Same perspective on volume.... The first couple weeks you won't really notice much strength/volume loss in the gym. You will know when your body just can't handle what it was doing and then drop down as needed imo. Listen to your body. No need to drop it until your body can't handle it.

And eat! If you keep cals high you will gain a bit of fat but if your goal is hold as much size as possible this is the way to go.
Cals will stay high, I just don't know if it is worthwhile keeping protein closer to 2 grams/lb of body weight like I have been consuming once the test clears my system. As a natural, 1.5 g/lb is on the higher end.

Training, I follow a modified 5/3/1 and PPL routine. I was only after I do my top set of 5/3/1. I do ladder sets back down. I was just thinking about eliminating those, which would be 2-3 sets.