Could you rate my restart protocol?

lucifer92

Awards
This was prescribed by a doctor who used to be a bodybuilder:

5000iu D3/K2 with the breakfast
I'll take one time 1mg Dostinex (cabergoline) because of my high prolactin.
Every 3rd day 50mg of HCG for five days. Then for 2 weeks every night 25mg of clomid & 10mg of nolvadex. ZMA in the night, Maca in the morning.All these for a month. Should I worry for the lack of AI?

How does this look against TRT? I wanted the Test injections but I was too afraid to push for it since it took me months to find someone who knows about this. He also was really condescending when I told him I'm 22 and I don't want kids.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
is this a post cycle? or is this what your doing to fix something from cycling?

lucifer92

Awards
is this a post cycle? or is this what your doing to fix something from cycling?
This is because my Testosterone is at 381ng/dl, with no drugs, AAS, and with weight lifting, healthy lifestyle, no drinking and staying late at night

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Every 3rd day 50mg of HCG for five days. Then for 2 weeks every night 25mg of clomid & 10mg of nolvadex. ZMA in the night, Maca in the morning.All these for a month. Should I worry for the lack of AI?

How does this look against TRT? I wanted the Test injections but I was too afraid to push for it since it took me months to find someone who knows about this. He also was really condescending when I told him I'm 22 and I don't want kids.
I like that protocol. Its a little conservative but covers all the bases and all you should need at 22

lucifer92

Awards
I like that protocol. Its a little conservative but covers all the bases and all you should need at 22
What do you mean a little conservative? What would be a not conservative protocol?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Know your free test levels? Hope everything works out, and you can have heightened test without having to be on TRT.

lucifer92

Awards
What company is doing your bloods? What time of day? If you have gotten any gains at all in gym I would say the bloods are not accurate. Better to go with some natty Test boosters and check again using labcorps in 6 weeks.....
The bloods are fine, I did them 3 times at my towns teaching hospital

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

IF I understand correctly you have never been on TRT or done AAS? Is that correct? From what Ive read you can't restart a HPTA that was never surpressed from exogenous levels ie TRT or using AAS. I guess it depends on if your primary or secondary hypogonadism as well. Did your doctor mention anything about that?

If you have done them, then you can ignore what i just wrote. The protocols ive read people do are a little higher on the hCG, usually between 250-500 iu EOD from anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks, followed by Clomid & Nova for 2 weeks at various dosages. But if your doc prescribed it might as well give it a go and see how it you feel down the road.

Again this is just from my knowledge when I researched it about a year ago. It might be different and I am just not recalling facts correctly.

lucifer92

Awards
IF I understand correctly you have never been on TRT or done AAS? Is that correct? From what Ive read you can't restart a HPTA that was never surpressed from exogenous levels ie TRT or using AAS. I guess it depends on if your primary or secondary hypogonadism as well. Did your doctor mention anything about that?

If you have done them, then you can ignore what i just wrote. The protocols ive read people do are a little higher on the hCG, usually between 250-500 iu EOD from anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks, followed by Clomid & Nova for 2 weeks at various dosages. But if your doc prescribed it might as well give it a go and see how it you feel down the road.

Again this is just from my knowledge when I researched it about a year ago. It might be different and I am just not recalling facts correctly.
Yes, no AASs or TRT. Cant the HPTA shut down or at least stop working efficiently if you stress yourself or have a ****ty lifestyle?

He said that i dont have hypogonadism but im also not on optimal levels.

He said he had a lot of guys like my situation

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, no AASs or TRT. Cant the HPTA shut down or at least stop working efficiently if you stress yourself or have a ****ty lifestyle?

He said that i dont have hypogonadism but im also not on optimal levels.

He said he had a lot of guys like my situation
I mean it could, Im just not aware of something that could damage it that much that it would need a jump start. That would have to a be an insanely stressful lifestyle, atleaat from my biology knowledge.

The trick part is everyone has a different set point for hormones. Some people could have your same levels and feel fine, while others could be higher and still feel like crap.

I think it is worth a shot. I would ask though about the hCG dosage as 50ius isn't anywhere close to HPTA restarts I've seen. I would expect at least 250ius EOD. Like stated earlier I've even seen some that recommend 1,000ius EOD for 2 weeks.

I hope it works for you, it would be awesome if it could be restarted with such low dosages. Definitely post bloods when your at the end of it!

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why do you want to be on trt at 22?
What’s the difference whether you start now or at 50? Chances are if you are on this site and posting in this section your endocrine system is no longer going to be optimal. So why drag it out and try a restart. If the body doesn’t come back on it’s own then I don’t see the reason forcing it. Yes clomid and hcg will most likely give a boost but again once you discontinue those, production will drop down again. It’s like putting a turbo charger in your car and then taking out expecting the same output.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What’s the difference whether you start now or at 50? Chances are if you are on this site and posting in this section your endocrine system is no longer going to be optimal. So why drag it out and try a restart. If the body doesn’t come back on it’s own then I don’t see the reason forcing it. Yes clomid and hcg will most likely give a boost but again once you discontinue those, production will drop down again. It’s like putting a turbo charger in your car and then taking out expecting the same output.
Well said was what I was thinking but didn't know of a way to say it clearly.

lucifer92

Awards
So this doc is wasting my time?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established

eh...

do you have your total T, LH, FSH, prolactin and E2 levels?

if you have all those numbers I think it's easier to recommend a protocol.... if you have elevated prolactin, simply lowering that might get your HPTA back under control.

D3 and ZMA are excellent things to take to help maximize your T production, as they can cause low T if you're deficient in them.

EDIT: one more thing to add, is that HCG acts for about 1-2 weeks in the body. now, if your Doc is saying to take CLomid/Nolva for only 2 weeks after you use HCG, then it kinda seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about.... if you have fertility/HPTA issues, then one shouldn't be afraid to run Clomid for longer than just a couple weeks.

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

^Info on SERMs

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/297449-info-hcg.html#post5870442

^Info on HCG

lucifer92

Awards
eh...

do you have your total T, LH, FSH, prolactin and E2 levels?

if you have all those numbers I think it's easier to recommend a protocol.... if you have elevated prolactin, simply lowering that might get your HPTA back under control.

D3 and ZMA are excellent things to take to help maximize your T production, as they can cause low T if you're deficient in them.

EDIT: one more thing to add, is that HCG acts for about 1-2 weeks in the body. now, if your Doc is saying to take CLomid/Nolva for only 2 weeks after you use HCG, then it kinda seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about.... if you have fertility/HPTA issues, then one shouldn't be afraid to run Clomid for longer than just a couple weeks.

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

^Info on SERMs

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/297449-info-hcg.html#post5870442

^Info on HCG

Total T 383ng/dl
Prolactin came back once at 10ng/ml and twice around 20-22
LH 4,4mIu/ml
FSH 2,6mIU/ml
E2 once at 9,46pg/ml and once at 19

I had my hopes up with this doc since he is on TRT

EDIT: Ovitrelle is HCG-alpha if it makes any difference

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There are a lot of us guys on this site (and posting in this section) who have successfully cycled for MANY years, and still maintained good natural hormone production. It can be done ... And is done.

lucifer92

Awards
There are a lot of us guys on this site (and posting in this section) who have successfully cycled for MANY years, and still maintained good natural hormone production. It can be done ... And is done.
Im afraid that my own natty production is messed up though

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im afraid that my own natty production is messed up though
I understand brother.
Hopefully it isn't.
But it is, thankfully you have TRT options.
It's a good option to have, I just hate to see so many young guys throw away their own natural hormone production at such an early age. (I'm not specifically referring to you).
10 years ago, I thought my natural production was shot. Turned out that I was VERY wrong.
Either way, I was prepared to move forward.

Pulling for you, bro!

lucifer92

Awards
I understand brother.
Hopefully it isn't.
But it is, thankfully you have TRT options.
It's a good option to have, I just hate to see so many young guys throw away their own natural hormone production at such an early age. (I'm not specifically referring to you).
10 years ago, I thought my natural production was shot. Turned out that I was VERY wrong.
Either way, I was prepared to move forward.

Pulling for you, bro!
Thanks a lot for the encouraging words!

So what was wrong with your T production?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Total T 383ng/dl
Prolactin came back once at 10ng/ml and twice around 20-22
LH 4,4mIu/ml
FSH 2,6mIU/ml
E2 once at 9,46pg/ml and once at 19

I had my hopes up with this doc since he is on TRT

EDIT: Ovitrelle is HCG-alpha if it makes any difference
does he have any idea why you have high prolactin? you might have hypothyroidism, which can elevate prolactin....

anyway, I'd take the caber as prescribed.

HCG could be used at 500 IU EOD for 2-3 weeks, followed by clomid at 25 mg/day for 6-8 weeks. keep an eye on high E2 symptoms, and pick up an AI to have on hand in case that creeps up....

and take ZMA and D3.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would continue clomid 8 weeks after hcg at 25mg daily with an otc AI like inhibit e or chrysin extract.