Could coffee decrease steroid induced liver cirhossis?

Mason

Awards
I posted something about coffee and how it can protect your liver, accidentally in the anabolic section. Some guy asked if it would be okay to binge drink in his pct at a wedding or something and I told him to drink 16 oz of black coffee telling him it might help because I saw 2 or 3 articles on it and he was a **** about it. :mad:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I posted something about coffee and how it can protect your liver, accidentally in the anabolic section. Some guy asked if it would be okay to binge drink in his post cycle therapy at a wedding or something and I told him to drink 16 oz of black coffee telling him it might help because I saw 2 or 3 articles on it and he was a **** about it. :mad:
All you can do is try and help people. Coffee has also been shown to reduce liver cancer. The authors of that study speculated that it was the antioxidants in coffee. I would imagine the same mechanism is protecting the liver from alcohol induced toxic stress.

Mason

Awards
All you can do is try and help people. Coffee has also been shown to reduce liver cancer. The authors of that study speculated that it was the antioxidants in coffee. I would imagine the same mechanism is protecting the liver from alcohol induced toxic stress.
I know bro. Yeah coffee is high in antioxidants and flavinoids.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I read that article today too...very interesting.

raider1

raider1

Awards
Well, one of my major vices is coffee , they have put in these coffee and expresso machines at my work.. it is heaven to a javaholic like me... brings me back to life after a long night.. :afro:

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
my doctor was not impressed with this, no more then half a pot a day is still my limit.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
But caffiene is methylated! AHHHHHHH!

kidding of course. 2 12-14oz cups of iced black black coffee for me.

Skye, curious as to what else your doctor had to say, could you expand on your above post?

Work

Awards
I think it should be considered that coffee oxidizes very quickly, like in 20 mins or so that's why it starts to taste bad when it sits. To get these full antioxidant effects you may need to use fresh ground beans. I doubt instant or preground coffee will offer the same benefits.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt know coffee was so full of antioxidants. too bad its bad for the look of your teeth. it seems like there is always some trade off. ugh.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Skye, did you doctor elaborate as to why?
He pointed out that A. It was one study however big, B. it might not pretain to liver stressful drugs as they act upon it in a differnt manner and C. That it didn't mean that going back to two pots a day was going to make the crestor not stress my liver.

As far a A. was concerned he basically said that there were still quite a few other explainations, like coffee drinkers tend to get more fluids per day then people that didn't and so one.

The bottom line was that I had been dinking too much coffee and no I could not go back to drinking it all day.