Cotton Candy Wraathy Goodness...CL Purple Wraath Log

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again to Sean and CL for another opportunity to log their newly released product.

I've only used PW here and there and enjoyed it for the most part and felt that its been the most effective in actually providing extra endurance compared to other BCAA. Which is probably cause of the other aids in it besides the BCAA.

I was always turned off at the lack of flavor variety and I wasn't a fan of grape and lemonade in the first place. But after having a few samples of Lemonade it grew on me and started liking it more. So a new flavor thats pretty unique is a godsend to me.

I'm more of a fan of the unique flavors rather than the overplayed ones.

Had my first workout with it today.

Deadlift Day

Deads
135x8
225x8,8,8

Rack Deads
315x6,4,6

Good Morning
135x10,10,10

Wasn't really feeling to strong today and I changed my deadlift routine to something more simple today. I haven't been feeling real great with my deads for almost 3 weeks know. Don't know whats up.

Initial thoughts on PW

Smell and Taste

Before I even opened the tub I could smell the cotton candy goodness. Upon opening Its nice to see a white powder which it looks like CL is doing away with dyes which I'm all for. I mixed with with about 16-20oz of cold water , 1 scoop. As usual foam comes at the top but after a few more shakes it finally dissolves with no more residue.
Taste
I think I just about nailed it with 16oz of water for 1 scoop, its just right. You get the sweet raspberry like taste with whatever else is on cotton candy flavor followed by the sweet normal distinct taste of PW. Very refreshing during these hot days.
Its really a great flavor and I hope CL keeps this around and do a 90 serving tub someday.

Unfortunately it didn't add any extra endurance today, I just wasn't feeling 100% today.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm still following the cube method but I just recently stopped doing the Coans cause halfway through it I stalled at 315 for some reason. so decided to take a week off then when I tried again had the same problem. So I'm going to follow the deadlift routine of Cube which I was planning on anyways.

Todays Workout

5/3/1-Press+Pull

Press
100x5,115x5,130x8

Pull
135x5,160x5,180x12

Arnold Press
65x7,6,6,6

Kroc Rows
85x24

Tried a sample of Conquer preworkout and needless to say it was pretty awesome.

Felt pretty strong overall but I wanted to hit 30 reps for kroc rows but 24 kicked my azz. But then again I haven't done these in a while so I'm sure I'll be able to get 30 soon.

Used a full scoop of PW with 20oz, I think 16oz is just right as 20oz seems to dilute it more so.

I have to note that I'll be starting my first PH cycle soon so my numbers will hopefully be going up.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout isn't really worth logging cause wasn't that great.

But here it is anyways.

Week 9 of Cube
Had to go up to 90% max of squat then 92.5,95

But 90% was a struggle which was 345 and I barley got to parallel.

After that I just did fst-7 sets,of leg extensions and calf raises.

My leg strength just wasn't with me today. I also had a crap diet yesterday so that might have influenced something.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
everyone has those days man, even the best
I know, I know I just take it personally everytime it happens.

However had a great chest session...

Been using less stims as I'm using a ph but I think it's been giving me natural energy.

So I used white pump+ green mag+ glycergrow+ .5 wfr.
And a scoop of wraath.

Cube chest week9
Warm up to this

90%
245x1
92.5%
250x1
95%
255x1

DB incline
65x6
85x4
90x6
90x4
90x6

Db flyers
Fst-7 set with 45lb

Great session as mentioned, although next week I'm supposed to max out on bench but based on how heavy today felt I don't think I'll be able to get a new max so we'll see.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can always take a deload week and then get maxes. Should be able to get ya a few more pounds

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Been busy at work past few days and it's might be to the point of doing 3 days a week. But we'll see how it goes.

But made it to the gym for deads on Saturday.

Deads
135*10
185*8
225*6,6,6

Rack pulls
315*6,6,6

5/3/1 Bb row
145*3
185*3
205*7

Db curls
45*6,6,6

Was playing it by ear, didn't feel very strong. Getting discouraged with deads these days. But I'm thinking my hamstrings need more work as I've been neglecting them.

Sunday
5/3/1 shoulders
105*3
120*3
135*7

Arnold press
45*12,11,10,10

DB tri extension
45*10,10,10

Dips
Bw*18,18,18,18

Was feeling good but not heavy good so went for lighter weights.

Glad to do dips again as I had some shoulder problems last time I did them.

Been using a heaping scoop of PW and still enjoying the flavor. But I'm sure I'll grow tire of it a I always do with flavors.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Definetly hammer the hell out of those hammies and glutes

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Decided to do a deload more or less this week...So

Squat+Chest

Squat
190x20
190x15

Calf Work

Incline BB
135x10
155x20
155x18

I wanted to be hamstring work but I got some intense and painful back pumps. Might be from the Epi, I took a scoop of Green Mag pre and it has taurine in it which I thought help with back pumps on epi...But I also took a scooop of Origin which has citrulline in it.
Had the same problem with my tris, they just blew up and not in a cool way more of this is painful and can't lift.

Wednesday

Ab work

Biceps

Cheating Curls
135x3,3,3

Curls
85x10,10,10,10

Hammer Curls
85x6,6,6,6

Pull Ups (bicep, inward facing)
bwx10,10,10

I like to get bicep work in with another body part like back or shoulders but I always feel less energy when thats the case and can't give it my all.
But when I do it this way I feel fresh and can really work them.

I have to say everytime I open the tub of Purple Wraath CC I want to lick the powder cause it smells so good!!!

Today
Rest day

I'm not too sore just tight overall and that kind of sucks when going out through your day. Just want to go home and sit still, but that comes with this territory.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the good update. I feel ya on being too tired to even do bi's afterwards. Sometimes I'll get lazy and just curl the empty bar lol

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the good update. I feel ya on being too tired to even do bi's afterwards. Sometimes I'll get lazy and just curl the empty bar lol
Glad I'm not the only one....lol.

Saturday

Deads

135x8
185x6
225x6
285x6,6,6,

Rack Pulls
315x6
365x6,10,6

5/3/1
Pull-BB Row
140x5, 170x3, 205x7

Press
120x5
130x3
145x7

Arnold Press
45x8
65x10,9,9

Felt really good with this session, one those workouts where your body is just primed to lift. Deads felt great today and didn't feel like it has been.
But I also had some personal issues going on that just fueled the aggression. One of reason why I enjoy lifting cause I can take out my frustrations out in the gym rather than other people.

Sunday

Tried for a new Squat max....

135x8
185x8
225x6
255x3
285x2
315x2
345x1
365x1
385x1
405x1
410x Fail

Although I didn't manage a new pr I'm still happy with what I did as I have only done 405 a couple other times in my life.
And I feel like I wasn't 100% focused when doing 410 as my muscle didn't seem like the problem. I just get a little nervous when trying for a new max.

Front Squats
135x8
155x8
185x4
205x4
215x4
225x4,4,4

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
So tried for a new max on bench and....

After all the warm up reps....got...

295x1 PR
305x1 PR
315x1 PR!!

320xfail

Incline BB
135x8
185x6
205x5,4,6,5

New Pr on bench!! Was wanting 315 for the longest time and now super stoked to finally get it. And it didn't feel too heavy just had to make sure form was right to prevent injury.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
For sure,

I've been out of the gym past few days got some sort of cold. Go figure having great sessions and then I get sick.

I've been feeling better recently but have some things to take care of today but hopefully I'll have time for a session if not then definitely on Tuesday.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick update....

Last week still sucked, I managed to get in the gym twice but was only able to do 2 -3 exercises before feeling tired and out of it.
I did heavy sets of bench and then started to do squats but started coughing too hard to keep up.

Another day I did a pull like routine with BB rows. And bi curls and that's all I had in me.
Also Thursday -Friday I got some stomach bug that's running though my family that had me feeling nausea.

Flash forward to today I spent time driving out of town for work stuff and only gave me time to do a quick workout of squats Supersets with leg extensions.

It was OK, still felt exhausting...

Also this entire time appetite has been crap, hardly felt like eating and when I did nothing looked appealing. So have been trouble getting calories in.

I think this week I'll be able to get back to it 100% .
I won't be following a set program for a while cause I won't be able to dedicate enough time to it so I'll just go by feel for the weights and sets.

I ve been taking extra servings of purple wrath out side of the gym just to help my muscles with lack of calories. But for a while there I couldn't taste things so the flavor was moot at that point.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate the update man, you'll get back into the swing of things