Cortisol control for women

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
Ladies,My wife was recently diagnosed with high cortisol levels. Her diet and cardio are in check but she continues to struggle with her weight. Doctors believe excess cortisol is the issue. I know there are a number of cortisol lowering supplements on the market. Are any safe for women? Any recommendations and feedback would be appreciated.Thanks,Monte

RaHaas

Awards
It would be the same as for men Vit C, phosphatidylserine, & magnesium glycinate are what we use.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use Evomuse AMMO for cortisol control. I have a ton of stress in my life and my VAT fat was becoming an issue. My waist circumference has reduced quite a bit!

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
I always used Lean Xtreme, 8 weeks on 8 weeks off.

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
It would be the same as for men Vit C, phosphatidylserine, & magnesium glycinate are what we use.
Ra, thanks... phosphatidylserine is pretty expensive at the doses needed for cortisol control, isn't it?

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
I use Evomuse AMMO for cortisol control. I have a ton of stress in my life and my VAT fat was becoming an issue. My waist circumference has reduced quite a bit!
Crader, thanks. What is your suggested dosing protocol?

David147

Awards
The best natural approach includes revitalizing endocrine glands, avoiding stimulants, boosting DHEA production since it has the ability to lower cortisol and relaxation methods. This kind of tree way approach helped me decrease cortisol because of which my heart function improved as well as my immune function and energy levels.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I find ashgwandha helps with body stress and mental stress. It's also good for sleep problems. I used the swansons brand a lot when I was studying.
and there's no side effects known so all good :)

Battossi

Awards
Ladies,My wife was recently diagnosed with high cortisol levels. Her diet and cardio are in check but she continues to struggle with her weight. Doctors believe excess cortisol is the issue. I know there are a number of cortisol lowering supplements on the market. Are any safe for women? Any recommendations and feedback would be appreciated.Thanks,Monte
If your wife is diagnosed with high enough cortisol for doctors to be concerned....this is a medical issue and supplements shouldn't be the first treatment. Talk to your doctor about lowering cortisol. She may have a life threatening disease.

No supplement will reduce cortisol from high to normal. There has to be a medical cause.

Sorry bud.

David147

Awards
Frankly, I haven't tried it yet, but after reading its brochure, I don't think it's a good enough medicine, or supplement to take. For one thing, no scientific study was done to prove its claim.
It would be much better for you to consult a dietitian, for weight loss regimen and a physician, for stress 'reduction'.

worker13

Awards
I think its a big link between the cardio and hight cortisol level