Cordyceps + Forskolin interaction

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Cordyceps seems to be showing up in quite a few more supps these days and looks like a hugely promising performance aid.

Forskolin is becoming a staple in more and more various products as well, given its diverse effects.

I read a couple of places that these two should not be combined because the cordyceps will interfere with forskolin' ability to potentially increase testosterone.

I am almost always cycling something that has forskolin in it. But I am going to be logging a pwo with cordyceps shortly. Would love to keep the forsk in my stack or at least learn more about potential interactions.

Can anybody shed some light on the contraindication?

Would spacing dosages preserve desired effects of both (i.e., forskolin + berberine recommendations)?

Thanks!

M

ma70

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm guessing you read this off of examine.com or something, so instead of pretending like these are my own words, here you go.

If I'm reading this correctly, cordyceps promoted PKA activity, which means it would synergize with forskolin for elevating T.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. ..and sorry..I should have searched better...

M

ma70

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you. ..and sorry..I should have searched better...
I hope my post didn't come off as negative. I meant to say that it's a common thing to usually go with stuff on examine (even I do it), and that gem is one of the many things that I find that contradict what examine says when doing more research. It's definitely a good place to find some initial information though.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Not at all negative. Appreciate it.

Found that coop thread, and it still seems to leave some unanswered questions about inhibition of p45scc and its role relative to the stimulation of PKA.

I'll do more digging, but very interested in any thoughts on this.

M

ma70

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interestingly enough, I don't think people have ever used Forskolin with the intent of testosterone boosting because from research from awhile back, it raises it...but just not enough to really notice anything, so even if Cordyceps is not synergistic or whatever in regards to test production, I still think the main benefits of Forskolin will still be there.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I guess the cAMP increase is likely the more beneficial pathway, true.

M

ma70

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I guess the cAMP increase is likely the more beneficial pathway, true.
Yes. I feel Forskolin's main benefit is body composition (whether cutting/bulking), not hormonal stuff. Of course, this is through citing human trials + my anecdote, but everyone's experience may vary.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Interestingly enough, I don't think people have ever used Forskolin with the intent of testosterone boosting because from research from awhile back, it raises it...but just not enough to really notice anything, so even if Cordyceps is not synergistic or whatever in regards to test production, I still think the main benefits of Forskolin will still be there.
As far as Forskolin, I think that is a quality issue vs impact issue

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Not sure I know what you mean. Can you elaborate?
buying quality Forskolin- itself may be cut down from original grade to yield more product, thus impacting the overall quality of the product

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Given that most cordyceps isn't cordyceps, you might have a bigger issue to deal with

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Given that most cordyceps isn't cordyceps, you might have a bigger issue to deal with
I was going to leave that one alone- lol

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I'll be logging RagNOrok, which seems legit.

Also want to try the new xtend perform - also legit from what I can tell.

Each product uses one of the two main cordyceps species shown to have significant performance benefits. I think I'll try them back to back for comparison.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
CS-4 is different species called Paecilomyces hepiali. It's a different species and different Genus, not related to Cordyceps. This has been known for awhile, america is just 15 years behind the rest of the world on this stuff.

Cordyceps Militaris can be grown on a large scale and will be the future of performance data with adaptogens. Cordyceps Sinesis, not so much