Converting Short term memory to Long term memory?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to find a supplement that helps me convert shirt term memory into long term memory. I have an exam coming up in about 6 months that has a ridiculous amount of material I need to memorize. Does anyone know anything that will help?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
anything that improves attention and memory in general should help. A stack of modafinil, bacopa and citicoline might help. If you're not into -afinils caffeine will help as well.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
anything that improves attention and memory in general should help. A stack of modafinil, bacopa and citicoline might help. If you're not into -afinils caffeine will help as well.
These along with racetams.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good suggestions so far. Huperzine-A also goes well with a choline source, and ALCAR can be a nice addition as well.

I suggest you keep your eyes out for NootropiMax. It's not out quite yet, but it'll be worth the little wait.

enraged_chris

Awards
Which racetams would be best?
Lot of individual variability with that. I like phenypiracetam for study sessions. A more experimental and interesting compound is prl-8-53 to use with study sessions sporadically has some huge benefits for recall and memory retention.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lot of individual variability with that. I like phenypiracetam for study sessions. A more experimental and interesting compound is prl-8-53 to use with study sessions sporadically has some huge benefits for recall and memory retention.
The lack of safety data on PRL doesn't concern you? It does seem promising, but I've only been able to find very minimal research on it.

Phenylpiracetam is also good, but for regular, daily use, I'd go for piracetam or Noopept (I know, it's not technically a racetam), since phenyl can build a tolerance pretty quickly.

enraged_chris

Awards
The lack of safety data on PRL doesn't concern you? It does seem promising, but I've only been able to find very minimal research on it.

Phenylpiracetam is also good, but for regular, daily use, I'd go for piracetam or Noopept (I know, it's not technically a racetam), since phenyl can build a tolerance pretty quickly.
Yeah I would definitely not recommend phenypiracetam for daily use but it provides a great stimulatory boost while helping with memory formation. For the racetams I'd start with something basic like piracetam or noopept and a good choline source and then experiment with some of the others. I'd def keep some phenyp on hand for the heavy duty study sessions.

I'm not too concerned about prl safety. The original researcher of it doesn't seem to worried about long term effects. There is some good info over on /r/nootropics on reddit concerning prl and some look into it's possible MOE. Also a group is looking into getting a "better version" of it synthesized from the researcher's original notes. I definitely wouldn't use it every day based on it's possible MOE but it seems amazing for sporadic usage. Maybe once a week on the day of a study session. I've used it before in small amounts and plan to try it again with an aggressive attempt to improve my spanish language acquisition.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, the best thing to do for this is to practice repetition. Supplements will only do so much and the more you do/train/rehearse, the better you retain and move from short term to long long term.