Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hyde big thanks to hyde and the guys at controlled labs...

this is the new pre-workout from controlled labs. i'm curious about the new pump formula 'spectra', also pleased to see l-cit with no malate this is a bonus for me. I've been using re1gn as my pre-workout for over 6 months so I am used to a high stim pre, just going to use this as a pre and then later in the day I will add in extra stims for the workday.

i'm recovering from a shoulder injury so weights have been lighter than usual with more focus on getting higher reps, so this setup should show how good the pump is with white warped. my usual allotted time for workouts is 45 minutes but because tomorrow is Saturday I will see if energy holds up for a hour long workout.

my goal atm is to retain muscle and tone while healing from shoulder injury.

will be using my 1st dose as soon as I get up in the morning as that is when I workout.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! in on this for sure!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
shoulder is still sore but I've lightened weights to less than half of what I was lifting before and I've eliminated dumbbells for now--if I use a bar it doesn't seem to aggravate my shoulder but dumbbells cause intense pain. I've been able to do most of the lifts including pulldowns I was doing before with the exception of tricep extentions.

WHITE WARPED....mixed well, tasted pretty good-I liked the sour apple. because i'm used to high stims and today[Saturday] is my one day of the week i'm not pressed for time, I decided to go with a scoop and a half. started to feel wake up call after 15 minutes, after 30 minutes I was ready to hit the weights.

energy was very clean and even at 1.5 scoops pretty mild compared to my usual 2 scoops of re1gn, but I still felt stim affect for entire 70 minute workout-it even lasted till 11 oclock[took at 6] so it lasted longer than re1gn usually does, 5 hours. I rate this as very good.

pump was better than what I am use to with re1gn which kind of surprised me, very happy with the pump-it wasn't skin bursting but for me very good.

focus was not quite as good as re1gn, but right there...mind muscle connection was also on point.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no weights tomorrow-family day with grandkids. but I might get in some cardio on treadmill, weather is too nasty to run outdoors.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Surprising indeed that the pump was more prominent with this product than with RE1GN. Must be the Spectra delivering a bit of what was promised?

I am not so surprised that the energy seemed longer lasting due to the dicaffeine-malate and L-Tyrosine. Both ingredients have treated me well for extended clean energy in the past as well.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1.5 scoops? Isn't the serving size 1 scoop??

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1.5 scoops seems to be my sweet spot...another good workout in the books this morning-I even added in some 'light' behind the head tricep extentions, 1st time since I injured my shoulder.

I added a few more ounces of water, bumped up to 12 ounces and the taste was improved dramatcally...1.5 scoops in 10oz water was a little strong on the flavor.

my strongest impression so far is how long lasting the effects are, really liking this since I work outside after workout.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
since I upped the amount of water I am really liking the sour green apple flavor. another good workout today but I think i pushed it by going too heavy on bench, I aggravated my shoulder. got a nice pump though, this is good since I workout 1st thing in mornings fasted.

no weights tomorrow, going to rest shoulder..planning on going for a run in the morning, it's finally starting to warm up here.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
since I upped the amount of water I am really liking the sour green apple flavor. another good workout today but I think i pushed it by going too heavy on bench, I aggravated my shoulder. got a nice pump though, this is good since I workout 1st thing in mornings fasted.

no weights tomorrow, going to rest shoulder..planning on going for a run in the morning, it's finally starting to warm up here.
I know how it is with a shoulder issue. The bench really suffers. No bueno.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
beautiful day today, I ran for a hour-not sure how far I went just ran, wanted more to get in the hour than care about distance...later in the year I will go to the college track and check my time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad this is treating you nicely so far!

go big or go home
I have a buddy that would show up to the gym drinking a white monster, would shoot a scoop of preWO before warming up, and pour another monster over ice in a shaker to sip during the training!

Some folks just need a little extra

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
drank down my 1.5 scoop of WHITE WARPED this morning then did lower body workout today. I guess I am going to limit my weight training to 2xweek lower body and once a week upper body with lower weight until my shoulder heals a little more-the last upper body workout made my shoulder so sore I had trouble falling asleep that night...on the Brightside my running is progressing nicely and have been getting really lean while keeping most of my muscle tone.
as expected, I got a nice pump from lower body workout...but when I went for a run after I started getting cramps and had to quit earlier than planned. note to self-don't run after lower body workout!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FWIW; I always make it a point to stop all running until my shoulder feels 100%. It’s just a rule I have that keeps me accountable..

I haven’t ran consistently at all in this decade..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
FWIW; I always make it a point to stop all running until my shoulder feels 100%. It’s just a rule I have that keeps me accountable..

I haven’t ran consistently at all in this decade..
a couple of years ago my right knee was bone on bone, it got so bad I could hardly walk...then I got a knee replacement, and now I can do things I never thought I would ever do again.

today I downed 1 scoop of warped and played tennis for 45 minutes.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a couple of years ago my right knee was bone on bone, it got so bad I could hardly walk...then I got a knee replacement, and now I can do things I never thought I would ever do again.

today I downed 1 scoop of warped and played tennis for 45 minutes.
That sounds horrendously uncomfortable. Putting that knee to good use for sure!

It should come as no surprise to you that I also take a PWO before I play tennis. Ha!
Cardarine is fantastic to take as well before smacking the ball around!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That sounds horrendously uncomfortable. Putting that knee to good use for sure!

It should come as no surprise to you that I also take a PWO before I play tennis. Ha!
Cardarine is fantastic to take as well before smacking the ball around!
I used a scoop before tennis again today...the weather is perfect.

the energy from 1 scoop of warped is perfect for tennis, gets me going without getting winded easily from heavy stim. I also think it improved endurance, I haven't played since last year and after a hour straight of hitting rally balls wasn't really that tired, felt like I could have played for another hour--but the guy I was hitting with was wore out and he is only in his 40's. lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Try adding a shot of Morton Lite Salt or downing a Nuun tab next time you’re getting ready for a run - the Nuun are way more expensive than the Lite Salt but are very portable and don’t require measure if you’re not at the house.

Either way, a quick injection of salt & potassium can really cut down on cramping.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Try adding a shot of Morton Lite Salt or downing a Nuun tab next time you’re getting ready for a run - the Nuun are way more expensive than the Lite Salt but are very portable and don’t require measure if you’re not at the house.

Either way, a quick injection of salt & potassium can really cut down on cramping.
I've seen those nunn tabs at krogers, you are right-not cheap, but might be worth it occasionally if needed...good looking out....

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've seen those nunn tabs at krogers, you are right-not cheap, but might be worth it occasionally if needed...good looking out....
I use the Lite Salt when mixing up my aminos to go to the gym. But if I need some extra at a comp or on the go, the Nuun are portable. The Lite Salt isn’t unless you prepack it in a sealed container - ask me how I know

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use the Lite Salt when mixing up my aminos to go to the gym. But if I need some extra at a comp or on the go, the Nuun are portable. The Lite Salt isn’t unless you prepack it in a sealed container - ask me how I know
lol...only a fool doesn't learn from mistakes of others...thanks!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dosed 1.5 scoops of warped this morning then did a light upper body workout before work. the energy was pretty good since I have been laying off use of exotic stims-as usual energy was long lasting....pump was also good since I can't go very heavy focused on volume, actually pretty impressed with pump...overall a good workout all things considered. then I left for work still feeling energetic--this week is start of mowing season!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am fasting this week and can’t use Warped... I miss it! I can’t believe how much more I enjoy it over Flash. Just a great boost with no crash or downside.

I have talked before about preworkouts you “wife” vs ones you dabble with occasionally for something extra, something exotic that isn’t suited to day in, day out use. Warped is a wifer, and I feel the best one CL has ever made.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am fasting this week and can’t use Warped... I miss it! I can’t believe how much more I enjoy it over Flash. Just a great boost with no crash or downside.

I have talked before about preworkouts you “wife” vs ones you dabble with occasionally for something extra, something exotic that isn’t suited to day in, day out use. Warped is a wifer, and I feel the best one CL has ever made.
warped has definitely found a place in my rotation...strong exotic stims are great for lifting but hurt my endurance when running or playing tennis, warped is exceptional for this.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
beautiful day today, I ran for a hour-not sure how far I went just ran, wanted more to get in the hour than care about distance...later in the year I will go to the college track and check my time.
New knee must be working well?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
New knee must be working well?
best thing ever, too bad I had to wait so long to get it done-thanks for asking!!!

did just 1 scoop warped today and went for a 'resistance' run, wind was a steady 20mph with gusts up to 45mph...i've put weights on hold until i get my shoulder healed, everytime i try and lift i end up setting back the healing process.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no weights yet, still letting shoulder heal...been drinking a scoop of warped in the mornings and going for runs. really getting slimmed out, probably lost a decent percentage of bodyfat since weather has permitted me to run outdoors...for me there is no comparison, outdoor running beats indoor treadmill all to hell....don't get me wrong, treadmill is still good-just not in the same league as actual outdoors running!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Plus the good being outdoors can be for the mind. Just good to get some fresh air!
it's incredible how fit and healthy I feel at 60....after all the drinking and drugging I did when I was younger I feel blessed!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dropped dose to just one scoop for morning runs...this is perfect dose for run, no stim tolerance whatsoever. love how long the stim effect lasts!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
dropped dose to just one scoop for morning runs...this is perfect dose for run, no stim tolerance whatsoever. love how long the stim effect lasts!!!
I am really appreciating the extended caffeine in there myself. Makes getting ready for work after a hard morning training session way easier!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am really appreciating the extended caffeine in there myself. Makes getting ready for work after a hard morning training session way easier!
yup, instead of crash energy keeps on going....great bonus!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yup, instead of crash energy keeps on going....great bonus!!!
Gotta love the good pres that don't come with a heavy crash. Long lasting energy:)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
this is a good medium range stim, it won't blow you away but it can be used 5 days a week with no drop off in affect. when I was able to do the weights, pump was very good also.
Good to know. I really look for good pump whenever I find a pre that I want to try.