booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks to the generous guys at controlled labs, I was selected to try out the new PROmore protein that they have just released. Originally we were going to try all 3 flavors but a mix up landed me a 4lb tub of frosted cinnamon bun instead of 3 3 serving tubs! Thanks warehouse guys ;)

IMG_1488722577.898384.jpg

For my first go with the frosted cinnamon bun, I went to my daily go-to which is making ice cream. Recipe is painfully simple:
1c fat free plain Greek yogurt
2c unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
1/2c water
2sc protein of choice (obviously PROmore here)

Mix ability: very good. I add in the powder last and whisk the whole mix until it's as smooth as possible. Many blend proteins leave quite a few chunks floating but PROmore had very few and the ones that were there were tiny. They were totally gone by the one the finished product was there too so I have to say this is on of the better mixing blends I've used. 9/10
IMG_1488722610.589193.jpg

Thickness: this is a big aspect for me as I don't use and "thick" or "creamy" ingredients. Blends always work far better for my type of ice cream vs whey which can get much more icy. PROmore was spectacular in this aspect, making one of the richer, creamier mixes I've ever had. I was thoroughly impressed. 10/10

Taste: one of the biggest aspects of any powder nowadays. I personally am a huge advocate for STRONG flavors. If I have to use 10oz of liquid or less, or in my ice cream it comes out bland, I consider that a waste of money and won't buy again.
PROmore frosted cinnamon roll was one of the strongest flavored and sweetest I've had. I rank Select Snickerdoodle as the strongest all-time, and this was right up there with it. The sweetness of the "frosting" really came through for me and the cinnamon was much more subtle. I felt this made for a much more "cinnamon bun" flavor compared to snickerdoodle or just a heavy cinnamon. The overall taste is that of a heavily frosted, creamy, gooey bun, fresh out of the oven. I was incredibly impressed and absolutely loved this.

To compare, I also have AI Whey cinnamon roll (which I and many considered top of the line as far as bun/roll flavors go) so I made a shake of that as well to try them side by side. For me, the PROmore wins by a landslide in flavor strength, thickness, and just edges it out in overall taste.

This is easily my new favorite cinnamon bun/roll flavor on the market. All of the aspects from thickness to sweetness exceeded my expectations and I am thrilled to have gotten 4lb instead of 3 servings ha! 10/10

Profile: at 125cals/srv and 23g of protein you're looking at a pretty standard profile (on the low caloric end which I really like). We all know CL is good to go as far as quality so I have no question there. The blend of proteins is a personal favorite of mine as I enjoy the "mouth feel" aspects of blends far more than whey alone. Effects should also be slightly better, but obviously only by small margins.
IMG_1488723365.715264.jpg

Overall consensus: Must-have for any cinnamon bun/roll lover. This is my new go-to in that category and I am thrilled at how it turned out. Even more so I am now eager to try out the other flavors as this was so good. One of the best on the market these days and froma trusted brand means this will be a staple in my (too big) stash!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last night I went ahead an made some proats with the frosted cinnamon bun:

Upon mixing the clumps (even in hot water) were totally gone. Much better than many other blends.

The scent was unreal... just amazingly strong and sweet while I microwaved it.

Thickness and consistency was stellar as well. I actually almost overflowed my giant bowl as the oats foamed up so much (some powders - typically plain whey - do not at all). This was great as it led to very fluffy, filling, and voluminous oats which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Flavor was still very strong with just 1 scoop in 2/3c of oats. for a total of 325cals, this made roughly 3+ cups of oatmeal which was great cals/volume

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like this is shaping up to be a winner so far based on your and other reviews!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like this is shaping up to be a winner so far based on your and other reviews!
Absolutely. Every way I've had it has exceeded expectations.

My only disappointment is not having all 3 flavors ha!