Controlled Labs Orange Gutbac Log

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks to @Hyde I got one of the first bottles of Orange Gutbac to try out. I'm 38 and have been lifting since I was a teenager. I hopped on board the probiotic train about 2 years ago now. I can be very irregular with bad gas. Lately I've been feeling bloated too while eating at maintenance calories. I was using Evomuse Guthealth which seemed to work decent. I stopped taking Guthealth at the start of my cut in March and haven't taken a probiotic since. So I should be able to make some good observations.

Here's the supplement facts for Gutbac

Here's a pic of me now. I just want to see if there are any noticeable body changes after a month. I'm just in a maintenance phase right now. My weight this morning was 184.

So what I really want out of Gutbac is to just sh!t almost everyday. That would be a win for me. Any other things like less bloat, less gas would be a bonus.

I took my first capsule with lunch yesterday. And seems to already be working. At night yesterday, I had some very minor digestive tract discomfort like things are already in the works. I had a small sh!t yesterday and an even bigger one this morning. So we'll see if this continues, fingers crossed. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll update this log when I have observations or a minimum 2x a week.

Thanks CL!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for logging this for us - you have always been able to give us great honest feedback about whatever you do or don’t notice!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed to compare notes!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you not have a daily BM?
Without a probiotic, I don't have a daily BM, never have. Another supplement that helped a lot with BMs was Vicious Labs Blood Drive, their GDA. I did a mini log of it here on AM this winter. This past cut in the spring, I think I went 6 days without a BM!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another BM this morning. I like where this is heading.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure! Looking lean to start with!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah he’s always in great condition. Good for us in this case because it’s easier to be objective about any bloating if it were to occur.
Good point:) It's good to have people log the product at different starting levels to see how it effects each of them.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I'll be taking Gutbac with my lunch. @Hyde said to take it with your meal that is hardest to digest. Lunch for me normally consists of a gigantic grilled chicken salad with a couple hardboiled eggs or walnuts. Sometimes I'll add in some fruit or brown rice.

Daily BMs continued this morning :)

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing special to report. Daily BMs continue. I do seem to be less gassy which the wifey much appreciates. I'm not noticing any more/less bloat.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing special to report. Daily BMs continue. I do seem to be less gassy which the wifey much appreciates. I'm not noticing any more/less bloat.
I'll have to keep an eye on my gas levels. Come to think of it, I think it is less for the most part.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll have to keep an eye on my gas levels. Come to think of it, I think it is less for the most part.
I think the increase in BMs (or just overall better digestion) is decreasing my gas.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont know if people saying that it increases your appetite is just messing with or what, but I seem more hungry. Or maybe I'm just forgetting that I'm always hungry, not sure . I'm not feeling any less bloated, just less gas and daily BMs.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Increased hunger is always good!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some observations from my massive lunch. It was a Mexican buffet. I made two big healthy salads consisting of grilled chicken, refried beans, little nacho cheese, little Spanish rice, salsa, black olives. That was at 11:30. It’s 7:00 now and I’m still full. No dinner tonight for me. So about at 2:30, I started getting pretty gassy. This is different from past meals like this. Normally gas wouldn’t come on this fast. So maybe digestion is being enhanced? It’s trying to go through the food faster? I just know Gutbac is causing my body to handle this meal different than normal.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On to week 3 with Gutbac. It seems my body may be reverting back to its normal self - 2 steps forward and one step back. I went 2 days without a BM until this morning. I dont think I ate anything abnormal, still lots of veggies and mostly complex carbs. Sometimes I'll get backed up after a large cheat meal that is mostly junk food. I didnt have one of these the last couple days.

I do remember that with Gut health it kept me very regular but only for a few weeks. It seems the same thing is happening - an acclimation period then a semi-return to normalcy. Without grossing you out too much, today's BM was still of the softer variety. Without a probiotic, my BMs can get harder. Gas has still been reduced.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still going backwards. Missed my BM yesterday and today's BM was somewhat uncomfortable and harder than others. I'm more gassy as well the past 2 days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No atypical foods? I went to a Labor Day cookout Sunday and everything was all messed up for a couple days. Basically fatty bbq and sweets, nothing crazy for me, but the volume consumed just changed everything honestly.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a pretty big Asian dinner Tuesday which may have backed me up. Lots of sushi, stir fry and pad thai compliments of work.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
More of the same not so good digestion the past few days. I did have a decent sized cheat meal at the Red's game Friday night but that should have cleared out by now. I havent had back to back BM days in a week now. Today I'm really gassy and that was after having BM this morning. It's like the BM didnt clear out everything. I hope this trend doesnt continue but it's not looking good.

Gutbac worked really well for the first two weeks but I've now completely reverted back to my previous digestion ways.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a second small uncomfortable BM this afternoon and once again felt like everything didnt get emptied out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry things aren’t going so hot. Keep us posted though! Honest feedback is what’s helpful for everyone else

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Much better BM this morning, cleared everything out. Let's hope daily BMs return.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No BM yesterday. It felt like stuff was in there but never had the urge to go. Second half of the day I was pretty gassy. After dinner, I felt fairly bloated which is how Ive been feeling a lot lately by day's end. Part of the problem is I save too much of my daily calories for later in the day. I need to space food out better. I think I can get by with eating x amount of food during the day (I pack my breakfast,lunch,afternoon snack for work) but then I just get super hungry for dinner and almost continually eat from dinner on.

This morning I had a large softer BM but still have been gassy.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No BM yesterday. It felt like stuff was in there but never had the urge to go. Second half of the day I was pretty gassy. After dinner, I felt fairly bloated which is how Ive been feeling a lot lately by day's end. Part of the problem is I save too much of my daily calories for later in the day. I need to space food out better. I think I can get by with eating x amount of food during the day (I pack my breakfast,lunch,afternoon snack for work) but then I just get super hungry for dinner and almost continually eat from dinner on.

This morning I had a large softer BM but still have been gassy.
I believe it must be digestive enzymes. I usually have a similar problem without anything but digestive enzymes make me feel like nothing is moving efficiently. Gut bac has helped me but I still notice the effects from digestive enzymes. Luckily the probiotics are helpful. I’m really not a fan of digestive enzymes though

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took my last capsule yesterday. Daily softer BMs returned for a few days but still have gas and feel bloated towards the end of the day. I do feel kind of backed up today.

So Gutbac has been kind of a mixed bag for me as you can see in my log. It was great the first two weeks. Then for 1.5 weeks my BMs were sort of messed. I did have 3 cheat meals in there but that shouldnt effect it that much. It seems like my body wanted to return to some state of normalcy. With Gutbac, I dont think my gas is going anywhere but softer, more frequent BM should remain, however not daily.

I gained 3-4 lbs in these past 4 weeks but I did switch up my workout routine to more strength based and got back on creatine. Strength gains have been had but I do feel a little more soft around the midsection. I'll post another progress pic tomorrow.

I still have almost 2 bottles of Gut health in my stash. I'll go through those then probably try out Gutbac again. Thanks for the opportunity to log Gutbac!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I took my last capsule yesterday. Daily softer BMs returned for a few days but still have gas and feel bloated towards the end of the day. I do feel kind of backed up today.

So Gutbac has been kind of a mixed bag for me as you can see in my log. It was great the first two weeks. Then for 1.5 weeks my BMs were sort of messed. I did have 3 cheat meals in there but that shouldnt effect it that much. It seems like my body wanted to return to some state of normalcy. With Gutbac, I dont think my gas is going anywhere but softer, more frequent BM should remain, however not daily.

I gained 3-4 lbs in these past 4 weeks but I did switch up my workout routine to more strength based and got back on creatine. Strength gains have been had but I do feel a little more soft around the midsection. I'll post another progress pic tomorrow.

I still have almost 2 bottles of Gut health in my stash. I'll go through those then probably try out Gutbac again. Thanks for the opportunity to log Gutbac!
sounds like you had a very similar experience to what i did... mixed bag. Nice to compare notes!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

after 30 days of Gutbac, as I said I got back on creatine and changed up my workout

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like it had some pros and cons for you. Good feedback and it’s greatly appreciated!

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Without a probiotic, I don't have a daily BM, never have. Another supplement that helped a lot with BMs was Vicious Labs Blood Drive, their GDA. I did a mini log of it here on AM this winter. This past cut in the spring, I think I went 6 days without a BM!
Mini log. Lol. Always thought you were wearing a hat in your avi