Controlled Labs Orange Brainwash review

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks to the CL guys for the free tub of Orange Brainwash - Sour Apple Punch that I got via a promo. Here's the formula. I'm not going to go through each ingredient. But just know that this supplement is PACKED with mood enhancing, focus boosting ingredients all at the right doses.

index.jpg

Here are pics of the tub and it mixed in the recommended 8 oz water.

20180614_061622.jpg

20180614_061610.jpg

With 8 oz of water the flavor strength is STRONG. I diluted it to 12 oz and the flavor was still good. I imagine you could mix it with 16 oz and sip on it like an energy drink. The actual flavor is quite tasty. It is similar to most of the Sour Apple/Green Apple flavors out there. However it doesn't have that crisp finish that most of these flavors have. I read another review on a reputable site, and they mentioned that most of the nootropic supplements have an earthy taste to it. This is probably what's contributing to the flavor. It's very subtle. It mixed ok, slightly gritty. But just swish around a little extra water and you'll get the remaining particulars.

On to the effects. By itself a single scoop does not do a whole lot for me. I must add that I'm not exactly using it for its intended use which is more for productivity. I've been using it for my intense AM cardio workouts. So I didn't feel a whole lot after my first serving - slight energy and mood/focus boost. I ended up taking another 100 mg caffeine shortly before my cardio. The second time I added in the extra 100 mg caffeine right with the dose. And this made ALL the difference for me. The energy/mood/focus boost was enhanced tremendously. During a bike ride warm-up I was really getting pumped for a good workout. Before a different HIIT cardio workout, I distinctly remember wanting to get to my basement to jam to my EDM music. The energy effects are about perfect for cardio. I don't get cracked. I am right on the border of getting jittery, but I don't get there. I am able to control my breathing. Add 150 mg caffeine and a couple more ergogenics (you already have carnitine and Alpha GPC) and you got yourself a killer PWO for weights. The effects do last quite a bit longer than your typical energy drink/cup of coffee. I've been taking it around 6-6:30am and I feel effects all the way until lunch.

Going back to that other review I read, they said the Theanine dose was a bit high and may mellow you out too much. I think I concur with this assessment. 200 mg Theanine does seem a bit high for only 150 mg caffeine. This may work for more recreational users that aren't as stim tolerant or people that are just using it as an energy drink or productivity supplement. I will continue to use this only for cardio adding extra caffeine as this really seems to enhance the overall experience.

Thanks again CL! Feel free to ask any questions that you may still have or if you want me to expand on anything.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed. I definitely enjoy this product.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you loved it. It’s the perfect supp in my arsenal for a little pep at work, or the secret weapon in a high-power stim stack for a super hard session: the big dose of theanine smooths out even stuff like ECA, eria jensis, and DMAA, and the feel-good nootropics take the drive and mood to next level. Kinda lets me cheat having such a powerful stim blend in me with a much smoother experience.

I always have a tub at work if I hit the wall after lunch

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great review. Subbing in to hear other opinions as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like it worked for you! I've heard a lot of positives about this product.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really like Brain Wash but agree it would hit better with 100mg of L-Theanine and I've stacked
this with 1 scoop of White Rapids and it's delivered some very good energy and focus combined
together.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I finally got around to using Orange Brainwash as a PWO in combination with a few other things:

1.5 servings EVL BCAA Energy
1g Taurine
4g Citrulline

If you don't know what's in EVL BCAA Energy, my final concoction had 300mg caffeine and 2.5g Taurine. I knew this mix would feel pretty good but it exceeded my expectations. I've tried a lot of high stim PWOs, and this certainly would rank up there when it comes to the feel good aspect of a PWO. You don't get the rage like from DMAA but the mood lift and energy is hard to beat. I had a great 65 minute upper body workout, lots of intensity/supersets, short rest periods. I had good euphoria throughout and felt good enough to end the workout with a drop set. My first exercise(s) were chinups SS reverse fly SS strength band chest press. I got a serious pump from this.

I probably have about 20% of my tub left and will most likely be using it for weights instead of cardio with the above additional ingredients. It just feels that good. I'm writing this 4.5 hours after taking and still feel great, no crash. So if you have the cash to add some extra caffeine and ergogenics to Orange Brainwash, I highly recommend using it as a PWO.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish this was more openly available in the U.K. but thanks to our wonderful government, nootropics are treated the same as actually dangerous psychoactive substances