Controlled Labs FREE Sample Request Thread *NEW*

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Yep - just apply in the link in the first post of this thread and we will have some goodies coming your way before you know it!
Got mine today. Thanks bro

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks out the window for the mailman. Realizes it's 3:21 AM. Goes back to sleep. Also realizes, I already slept. I'm up now. Goes back to window to wait for mailman to arrive... :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks out the window for the mailman. Realizes it's 3:21 AM. Goes back to sleep. Also realizes, I already slept. I'm up now. Goes back to window to wait for mailman to arrive... :)
Soon, my friend. Soon.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gotem. :)

briandward1

Awards
What would you say is the practical difference between the white flood and white rapids? I loved both,
just trying to narrow it down. Thanks a ton.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What would you say is the practical difference between the white flood and white rapids? I loved both,
IMO, ingredient preference. If you're looking for a slightly higher caffeine content and creatine, go with Flood.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rapids is the better pump product, and also is creatine free. Flood is the better general ergogen and also gives a bit more focus for me. If I'm training more volume I take Rapids, and if I'm going heavier I use Flood.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rapids is the better pump product, and also is creatine free. Flood is the better general ergogen and also gives a bit more focus for me. If I'm training more volume I take Rapids, and if I'm going heavier I use Flood.
Good info I was wondering which to take with what workout.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering that as well but tried them for myself. Both are good.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was wondering that as well but tried them for myself. Both are good.
Definitely - I keep an open tub of both in the cabinet, as well as a some green mag and white pipes if I'm training late in the evening and wanna pass on stims.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Thank you for sending out these samples. Let's see which if any of these can topple my other pre wo sups and turn my world upside down. In a good way. :D

I will be trying them out this week and entering a section into my current log as well regarding my Pre.

For the past week I have been using RagNOrok and it hasn't disappointed me. Prior to that I went through a tub of MaxReps+ and loved it.

I will also post here.

M

Just took my pre. White Pipes. A bit strong tasting with my usual 12 oz of water mixed with a strong chemical taste. Let's see how effective it is. It could taste like piss (don't ask) and have the consistency of snot but if it works best. I'm drinking it.

Thankfully it is neither and I could dilute it more to soften the after taste moving forward.

Will post after my routine today.

Well, it mixed pretty well, some bubbles but I shake; shake; shake a lot... :)
The scent of it was inviting but I think I used too little water as it was strong, and a medicinal aftertaste.

That said, I had incredible, almost painful pumps 3/4 through my routine and it was fabulous!
Yes, I said, FABULOUS. It may have a medicinal aftertaste but it's all afterburner!
My post wo will consist of Purple Wrath.

Purple Wrath didn't taste much different (Cotton Candy) Great smell, mix ability, but that aftertaste. I guess it's hard to mask the ingredients which are there in massive quantities! I used more water with this one, and it otherwise did not disappoint. I'm feeling great.

Tomorrow is my day off, so cardio, and I will pick the next winning sample then... Stay tuned!

White Flood it is!
Tropical fruit Pineapple

Smell test. Awesome!!!
Mixing. Not a problem.
Taste. Not so awesome!!!!! lol. A dryness powdery feeling on the palate.
Medicine like aftertaste.

But the pump! Puts it on the map! Just like White Pipes but my preference to this point is Pipes.

Solid performance in a sup. Just not for me. I need flaves baby and results of course.

I'm all non stim in my prefs. For pre's so this has some bearing on prefs for how I respond. Stim sensitive. Not sure about the rest of the samples. Will consider them a little later.

Back to RagNOrok for now. It just requires a bit more than 1 scoop so when I run out hopefully my testing for Powermax XT will begin as my pre and Finish Line for my post will begin.

Cheers and many thank yous for allowing me to sample!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm bringing the rest of my samples to try on my trip to Chicago. Will report back after with reviews.

Overall great products by Controlled Labs! I loved the non stimmed Pres

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
The samples I received were great. The non stim preworkout specifically had me pretty amped throughout my leg workout which was really nice. When I am out of the current stuff I have, I will def be purchasing some controlled labs white pipes

Atl7391

Awards
I got mine yesterday hitting chest today. Which one did you like the most? White pipes??

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The samples I received were great. The non stim preworkout specifically had me pretty amped throughout my leg workout which was really nice. When I am out of the current stuff I have, I will def be purchasing some controlled labs white pipes
Glad you enjoyed it so much! It's a very affordable product too.

I got mine yesterday hitting chest today. Which one did you like the most? White pipes??
Raspberry Lemonade Flood is my favorite generally, or Lemon Rapids for a higher volume routine is a close second. I drink Purple Wraath intra every single session.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Moma always said nothing is free...

Except samples. Those are free

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anyone getting their samples in, let us know what you think! What products you like the most, and why!

Csmith

Awards
Would love to try these products out. First time for everything lol

BoH

Awards
Here's my review of the products in the sample pack.

Overall, loved it. I expect supps to taste like garbage, so I was pleasantly surprised and may have inflated my taste ratings as a result. CL uses appropriate doses of good stuff, and only a few of their supps have proprietary mixes (as an aside, why do companies worry about this? Most supps don't have legit studies backing the proprietary dosages anyway, and competition from other companies is more likely to be in marketing, distribution, novel combinations of things, taste, etc. than on the doses of listed substances). This sample pack thing is such a good way for customers to give the product a shot and companies to get their gateway drugs out to the good folks on the street.

White Flood: This is what I came for. Quite tasty: 8/10 (Furious Fruit Punch). Loved the tingle, energy, and pump. It was squat day, and the top of my head felt like it was hooked up to a TENS machine on the lowest setting. That sensation might not be for everybody, but I enjoyed it. Will be buying more WF in the future.

Red Ghost: Kind of hard to evaluate. It's a fat-loss product, and one day is unlikely to give any meaningful results. I could not really tell this apart from any other 300mg dose of caffeine. No robust thermogenic effects. Maybe a week or two would give me something to write about. Will probably not purchase.

White Pipes: Enjoyable taste, comparable in quality to White Flood (8/10) (Juicy Watermelon). Didn't notice much intra-workout. However, I do value a good non-stim pre, and this tastes good and has good doses of its actives, so I may buy in the future.

White Rapids: I found this somewhat inferior to White Flood, but still effective and tasty (Tropical Pineapple). Will probably buy WF instead.

Green Magnitude: I have a hard time with fancy forms of creatine, just because good ol' monohydrate is dirt cheap, well studied, and tasteless in anything but plain water. However, if I had money to blow, I would consider buying this because: it tastes pretty good (7/10) (Sour Green Apple), has good doses of taurine, tyrosine, and betaine, and that particular shade of green makes me pretty sure I would gain superpowers with repeated dosing.

Purple Wraath: Really enjoyed this. Wish the PurplEndurance complex was not proprietary, would like to know doses of individual components. At any rate, quite tasty (8/10) (Cotton Candy), like that it is full spectrum EAA, also appreciate B6 and niacin addition. Will buy and rotate in with Scivation XTEND Perform, just for a change of pace depending on mood. BTW, has anybody tried this to fight nausea or heard of people using it for this purpose? Ginger root and B6 are both well studied for curbing nausea in pregnancy and chemotherapy. In the setting of cancer, Purple Wraath could be quite useful to maintain muscle mass and reduce the nausea secondary to chemotherapy. Also, multiples of 10mg B6 dose is what is used in most studies, but 10mg is pretty much impossible to find OTC.

To wrap it up, this was a fun experiment. Great product. Thanks, CL.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here's my review of the products in the sample pack.

Overall, loved it. I expect supps to taste like garbage, so I was pleasantly surprised and may have inflated my taste ratings as a result. CL uses appropriate doses of good stuff, and only a few of their supps have proprietary mixes (as an aside, why do companies worry about this? Most supps don't have legit studies backing the proprietary dosages anyway, and competition from other companies is more likely to be in marketing, distribution, novel combinations of things, taste, etc. than on the doses of listed substances). This sample pack thing is such a good way for customers to give the product a shot and companies to get their gateway drugs out to the good folks on the street.

White Flood: This is what I came for. Quite tasty: 8/10 (Furious Fruit Punch). Loved the tingle, energy, and pump. It was squat day, and the top of my head felt like it was hooked up to a TENS machine on the lowest setting. That sensation might not be for everybody, but I enjoyed it. Will be buying more WF in the future.

Red Ghost: Kind of hard to evaluate. It's a fat-loss product, and one day is unlikely to give any meaningful results. I could not really tell this apart from any other 300mg dose of caffeine. No robust thermogenic effects. Maybe a week or two would give me something to write about. Will probably not purchase.

White Pipes: Enjoyable taste, comparable in quality to White Flood (8/10) (Juicy Watermelon). Didn't notice much intra-workout. However, I do value a good non-stim pre, and this tastes good and has good doses of its actives, so I may buy in the future.

White Rapids: I found this somewhat inferior to White Flood, but still effective and tasty (Tropical Pineapple). Will probably buy WF instead.

Green Magnitude: I have a hard time with fancy forms of creatine, just because good ol' monohydrate is dirt cheap, well studied, and tasteless in anything but plain water. However, if I had money to blow, I would consider buying this because: it tastes pretty good (7/10) (Sour Green Apple), has good doses of taurine, tyrosine, and betaine, and that particular shade of green makes me pretty sure I would gain superpowers with repeated dosing.

Purple Wraath: Really enjoyed this. Wish the PurplEndurance complex was not proprietary, would like to know doses of individual components. At any rate, quite tasty (8/10) (Cotton Candy), like that it is full spectrum EAA, also appreciate B6 and niacin addition. Will buy and rotate in with Scivation XTEND Perform, just for a change of pace depending on mood. BTW, has anybody tried this to fight nausea or heard of people using it for this purpose? Ginger root and B6 are both well studied for curbing nausea in pregnancy and chemotherapy. In the setting of cancer, Purple Wraath could be quite useful to maintain muscle mass and reduce the nausea secondary to chemotherapy. Also, multiples of 10mg B6 dose is what is used in most studies, but 10mg is pretty much impossible to find OTC.

To wrap it up, this was a fun experiment. Great product. Thanks, CL.
Very good review! Glad you enjoyed your samples. I routinely have to train first thing in the morning lately, which means I'm forcing down a meal I'm not hungry for as well as trying to get rehydrated from sleeping. Even with an easy to digest meal, this can leave me with a LOT of volume crammed into my gut, trying to get it filled out into my system. Purple Wraath is all I drink on top of this, and it goes down well it seems no matter how bloated or uncomfortable I am until my gut starts to empty some. It's certainly not hurting!

BoH

Awards
Thanks, Hyde!

I wouldn't have thought to use Purple Wraath as a nausea-fighter in more typical settings (I.e not cancer or pregnancy), but it makes total sense - glad to hear it works for you! Good ol' serendipity.

I also have to train way before dawn on 4/5 training days, hitting the macros can be beastly. BCAA & EAA products are a godsend. I'll keep Wraath in the mix, especially for bulks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've been interested in trying some of the pro more
I'm not sure if we are doing samples of those right now or not, but if you followed the link in the first post and completed the form I promise we'll be sending you some goodies to try soon.

Sbell71

Sbell71

Awards
Tried filling out the form twice, I Sony see a submit button

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tried filling out the form twice, I Sony see a submit button
It is directly on the bottom of the form linked in the hyperlink that is 2) in the initial post of the thread. Just double checked and it's there so you should be g2g!

ALX393

ALX393

Awards
It is directly on the bottom of the form linked in the hyperlink that is 2) in the initial post of the thread. Just double checked and it's there so you should be g2g!
Am I too late for this?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am down for this. I submitted free sample form

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
Excited to try it myself as well. Just filled out a form too

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just filled out the form. I've tried only some Controlled Labs products and been happy with them. Hope I get some good tastes.