Controlled Labs Brain Wash Brain Teaser Promo

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really a riddle I guess, but a crazy difficult problem one of my professors asked my class and no one figured it out:

There is a pile of twelve coins, all of equal size. Eleven are of equal weight. One is of a different weight. In three weighings find the unequal coin and determine if it is heavier or lighter.

The answer is super long and complicated, so here’s the link:

http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/55618.html

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
lol that's so stupid, yet...I laughed! You're lucky I'm a dad and dig dumb dad jokes.

Send me your (US only) shipping info and the flavor that your heart desires! Fruit punch, apple, lemonade.
My wife calls it an “Oldman” joke!

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
If the science major asks "Why does it work?”, the engineering major asks "How does it work?", and the business major asks "How much will it cost?"

What does the liberal arts major ask?

Do you want fries with that?"

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If the science major asks "Why does it work?”, the engineering major asks "How does it work?", and the business major asks "How much will it cost?"

What does the liberal arts major ask?

Do you want fries with that?"
I was expecting it to go something like this:

“The science major asks ‘why does it work?’

The engineering major asks ‘how does it work?’

The liberal arts major asks ‘how do I find work?’”

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A man is found dead on a little island. He was alone on the island. He did not starve or commit suicide. He wasn't poisoned or killed by a wild animal. How did he die?

He was on a traffic island and was hit by a car.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

25. The 25th triangle is hidden in the ‘A’ in the artist’s signature in the right-hand corner.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In front of you there’s a table with a hundred dollar bill, a ten dollar bill, a nickel, a five dollar bill, a quarter, and a penny. Which of these is worthless?

A: none, they’re all worth something

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There where six apples in a basket and six girls in the room. Each girl took one apple, yet one apple remained in the basket how ?

Last girl took the basket with the apple

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
who is the most desired guy at the nudist camp....the guy who can carry 2 cups of coffee AND twelve doughnuts....

who is the most desired girl at the nudist camp....the girl who can eat the twelfth doughnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What kind of candy is never on time?

Answer: ChocoLATE

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
who is the most desired guy at the nudist camp....the guy who can carry 2 cups of coffee AND twelve doughnuts....

who is the most desired girl at the nudist camp....the girl who can eat the twelfth doughnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Idk man, I don’t mind some curves but if she’s the type to put away a dozen doughnuts in a sitting she may not exactly be the most desirable at the nudist colony

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Idk man, I don’t mind some curves but if she’s the type to put away a dozen doughnuts in a sitting she may not exactly be the most desirable at the nudist colony
lol...didn't say anything about the other 11, it's that 12th one that really counts!!!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Each wife had seven sacks, every sack had seven cats, every cat had seven kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, wives. How many were going to St. Ives?

As McClane fervently tries to do multiplication in his head, Zeus realizes this isn’t a word problem, it’s a riddle. The man was going to St. Ives when he met this man, meaning the man was coming from St. Ives. So the wives, sacks, cats, and kittens are irrelevant. Only the narrator is going to St. Ives, so the answer to the riddle is 1.

again I'll post another one from die hard see if it gets any love

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A man man dies and is at the split between the doors to heaven and hell. He does not know which door is which and in front of each door are identical figures, one the devil, one an angel. Knowing that the devil will always lie, and the angel will always tell the truth, what 1 question can he ask (to either one), that will guarantee he chooses the door to heaven?

Answer - "what door will the other guy say HE is standing in front of?": No matter what, either guy would tell you the door HE is standing in front of.

-If he asks the devil (standing in front of the door to hell) he will lie and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to hell (as the angel would have actually said heaven-the truth)
-If he asks the devil (standing in front of the door to heaven) he will lie and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to heaven (as the devil would have actually said hell - the truth)

-If he asks the angel (standing in front of the door to hell) he will tell the truth and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to hell (as the devil would have lied about actually being in front of the door to heaven)
-If he asks the angel (standing in front of the door to heaven) he will tell the truth and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to heaven (as the devil would have lied about about actually being in front of the door to hell)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A man man dies and is at the split between the doors to heaven and hell. He does not know which door is which and in front of each door are identical figures, one the devil, one an angel. Knowing that the devil will always lie, and the angel will always tell the truth, what 1 question can he ask (to either one), that will guarantee he chooses the door to heaven?

Answer - "what door will the other guy say HE is standing in front of?": No matter what, either guy would tell you the door HE is standing in front of.

-If he asks the devil (standing in front of the door to hell) he will lie and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to hell (as the angel would have actually said heaven-the truth)
-If he asks the devil (standing in front of the door to heaven) he will lie and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to heaven (as the devil would have actually said hell - the truth)

-If he asks the angel (standing in front of the door to hell) he will tell the truth and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to hell (as the devil would have lied about actually being in front of the door to heaven)
-If he asks the angel (standing in front of the door to heaven) he will tell the truth and say the other guy would say he is standing in front of the door to heaven (as the devil would have lied about about actually being in front of the door to hell)
That’s the riddle from the Labyrinth. And an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
One hundred tigers and one sheep are placed on a magic island that only has grass.

Tigers can eat grass, but they would rather eat sheep.

Assume:
A. Each time only one tiger can eat one sheep, and that tiger itself will become a sheep after it eats the sheep.
B. All tigers are smart and perfectly rational and they want to survive.

Will the tigers eat the sheep?

Solution: 100 is a large number, so let’s start with a simplified version of the problem.

If there is only 1 tiger (n =1), surely it will eat the sheep since it does not need
to worry about being eaten.
How about 2 tigers? Since both tigers are perfectly rational, either tiger probably would do some thinking as to what will happen if it eats the sheep.
Both Tigers are probably thinking, if I eat the sheep, I will become a sheep; and then the other tiger will eat me. So to guarantee the highest likelihood of survival, neither tiger will eat the sheep.

If there are 3 tigers, the sheep will be eaten since each tiger will realize that once it changes to a sheep, there will be 2 tigers left and it will not be eaten. Therefore, the first tiger that thinks this through will eat the sheep. If there are 4 tigers, each tiger will understand that if it eats the sheep, it will turn to a sheep. Since there are 3 other tigers, it will be eaten.
So to guarantee the highest likelihood of survival, no tiger will eat the sheep.

Following the same logic, we can naturally show that if the number of tigers is even, the sheep will not be eaten. If the number is odd, the sheep will be eaten. For the case
n =100, the sheep will not be eaten.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the wise old man of the village went on his annual retreat into the mountains. while he was away a evil witch visited his village. she didn't like the way she was treated so she poisoned the well the villagers drank from. the old wise man was drinking fresh spring water, when he came back to the village all of the villagers had gone insane. the villagers thought he was the one who was insane....

who is insane--the villagers or the wise man?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the wise old man of the village went on his annual retreat into the mountains. while he was away a evil witch visited his village. she didn't like the way she was treated so she poisoned the well the villagers drank from. the old wise man was drinking fresh spring water, when he came back to the village all of the villagers had gone insane. the villagers thought he was the one who was insane....

Did the villagers die from the poison and he’s imagining them, making him the crazy one and then the dead ones?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A gardener planted the mangoes trees in a mathematical ordered way (i.e. he planted tree in rows).
He created total of 19 rows of trees.
Note: There should be more than 2 trees to count as a row.
What is the minimum number of trees required by the gardener to have 19 rows of trees ?

Answer:

A B C
E F G H
I J K L
M N O P
R S T
5 horizontal rows
4 vertical columns
4 diagonals with slope 1 (ROL, NKH, MJG, IFC)
4 diagonals with slope -1 (SNI, TOJE, PKFA, LGB)
2 knight's move diagonals with slope -2 (AJS, BKT)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champane bubble.
If you sqeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?

Answer:
No.
Read the last sentence It says "Can you guess the riddle?" So the answer is no

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A man is traveling to a town and comes to a fork in the road. If he goes left, he goes to the liars' village. If he goes right, he then goes to the village of truths - which is where he wants to go. However, he does not know which way is which.

He doesn't have time to go both routes, so he approaches a stranger who is standing in the middle of the fork. The stranger says he may only ask 3 questions and he will answer them.

The man asks, "Are you from the village of truths?" The stranger says, "Yes!" However, the man is still facing a dilemma: If the stranger was from the village of truths he can only tell the truth, but if he was from the village of liars, he would say he was from the village of truth.

So then he asks the stranger, "Are you telling the truth?" The stranger says, "Yes!" But sadly this leaves the man in the same position as before.

Answer: The man asks the stranger the path back to his own village. If the stranger was from village of truths, he takes him there. If he was from the village of liars, he will still take him to the village of truths as he would be compelled to lie.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have keys but no locks. I have a space but no room. You can enter, but can’t go outside. What am I?

Answer: A Keyboard

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have keys but no locks. I have a space but no room. You can enter, but can’t go outside. What am I?

Answer: A Keyboard
But there is a number lock...That one dont work but I like the other ones

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
But there is a number lock...That one dont work but I like the other ones
The key is probably related to letters not numbers, but there is always flaws in riddles from different sources.

This one may be better.
What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
Answer: The Letter “M”.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Answer:
Albert must have a month where numbers are repeated, leaving us with July and August
Bernard knows Albert has either of those two months and the numbers left include 15 through to 17 and 14 is repeated.
The number 14 is the only one in both months but Bernard is now sure of the birth date.
This means Bernard knows it is July 16.

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established

I haven't seen any post where you gave the answer to this riddle.
Here is my take on it.

Just by the text you state that the villagers had all gone insane, and they "Thought" that the wise man was the one that was insane. That states plainly that it was the villagers that were insane.

However, you need to look at it a little bit deeper than the surface.
The wise man lives in a village where everyone thinks he is insane and he thinks everyone else is insane. He is now effectively an outcast, so he has a decision to make. Does he drink the water and join the rest of the village and once again be accepted as the "wise man" of the village, does he live out his life as an out cast or does he relocate?

Bodybuilders fall into this same category of people. The shear hell that we go through to be big, look great and live a healthy life to some people is pure insanity. So what do we do? Do we drink the Kool-Aid of mediocrity just to fit in with the rest of society or do we continue to strive for excellence and to hell with what others think.
Myself, I wont let anyone's uneducated, uninformed, lazy opinion affect the way I live. I strive for excellence in all that I do and to some people it is insanity but to me its my normal every day life.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't seen any post where you gave the answer to this riddle.
Here is my take on it.

Just by the text you state that the villagers had all gone insane, and they "Thought" that the wise man was the one that was insane. That states plainly that it was the villagers that were insane.

However, you need to look at it a little bit deeper than the surface.
The wise man lives in a village where everyone thinks he is insane and he thinks everyone else is insane. He is now effectively an outcast, so he has a decision to make. Does he drink the water and join the rest of the village and once again be accepted as the "wise man" of the village, does he live out his life as an out cast or does he relocate?

Bodybuilders fall into this same category of people. The shear hell that we go through to be big, look great and live a healthy life to some people is pure insanity. So what do we do? Do we drink the Kool-Aid of mediocrity just to fit in with the rest of society or do we continue to strive for excellence and to hell with what others think.
Myself, I wont let anyone's uneducated, uninformed, lazy opinion affect the way I live. I strive for excellence in all that I do and to some people it is insanity but to me its my normal every day life.
yes, it is a story I was told many years ago when going thru inpatient drug and alcohol treatment at the VA...putting it in that perspective, I think that the moral is just because those around you are making what you know to be bad decisions doesn't mean you have to join them---you have a choice.

this means standing up for yourself and not being influenced by others--even though they might criticize you for leaving that lifestyle and try to draw you back in...misery loves company.

the poison of course Is addiction.

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
yes, it is a story I was told many years ago when going thru inpatient drug and alcohol treatment at the VA...putting it in that perspective, I think that the moral is just because those around you are making what you know to be bad decisions doesn't mean you have to join them---you have a choice.

this means standing up for yourself and not being influenced by others--even though they might criticize you for leaving that lifestyle and try to draw you back in...misery loves company.

the poison of course Is addiction.
Very well said brother. We all have a choice. Thank you for your service and congratulations on your choice.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Two camels were facing in opposite directions. One was facing due East and one was facing due West. They were in the desert so there was no reflection. How can they manage to see each other without walking around or turning around or moving their heads?

Answer:
The two camels were facing each other the entire time. Hence facing in opposite directions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Very well said brother. We all have a choice. Thank you for your service and congratulations on your choice.
thank you-much appreciated!!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I dig it! I had to run that through my head a couple of times.

Send me your info and what flavor you want!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I dig it! I had to run that through my head a couple of times.

Send me your info and what flavor you want!
Woo thank you! I can't wait to try this out as it will be my first real foray into the noot category :) Gonna try out the Lemon Frost flavor.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Woo thank you! I can't wait to try this out as it will be my first real foray into the noot category :) Gonna try out the Lemon Frost flavor.
I’m picking my tub up from the UPS store today and cannot wait to try it. The profile is seriously on point.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’m picking my tub up from the UPS store today and cannot wait to try it. The profile is seriously on point.
Very excited to hear feedback. Are you much of a noot guy or like me(noot noob ha? And what flavor did you get?