Unanswered Contest prep cycle

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
Going to compete in late November so prep needs to start very soon. Here’s the cycle I thought of.

Tren E 400 (1-16)
Mast E 600 (1-16)
Test E 500 (1-14)
Anavar 80 (8-16)
Proviron 60 (12-16)
Arimidex 1mg e3d (1-16)

Would adding clen or T3 be helpful in this cycle as well? Any help is appreciated! As long as it’s not “this is stupid” with no actual advice.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Going to compete in late November so prep needs to start very soon. Here’s the cycle I thought of.

Tren E 400 (1-16)
Mast E 600 (1-16)
Test E 500 (1-14)
Anavar 80 (8-16)
Proviron 60 (12-16)
Arimidex 1mg e3d (1-16)

Would adding clen or T3 be helpful in this cycle as well? Any help is appreciated! As long as it’s not “this is stupid” with no actual advice.
Have you done a contest prep before? What type of contest are you prepping for?
This doesn't look stupid to me at all for a contest prep.
(If you were running ten different compounds at fairly high levels, with no contest in mind ..... Wellllll... LOL).

Sorry though brother, I'll sit out giving you specific advice though, as I don't personally prep. I'm sure others will chime in soon.
Maybe @Hyde ? ...

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
Have you done a contest prep before? What type of contest are you prepping for?
This doesn't look stupid to me at all for a contest prep.
(If you were running ten different compounds at fairly high levels, with no contest in mind ..... Wellllll... LOL).

Sorry though brother, I'll sit out giving you specific advice though, as I don't personally prep. I'm sure others will chime in soon.
Maybe @Hyde ? ...
This would be my first contest actually. It’ll likely be classic physique because I’m 276.5 right now at ~12% so I think I’ll be able to get below the 245 weight limit.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nice! Let us know how the prep and contest goes.

Who was talking about doing a classic physique?? Was it @Matthersby ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This would be my first contest actually. It’ll likely be classic physique because I’m 276.5 right now at ~12% so I think I’ll be able to get below the 245 weight limit.
Post a pic of your midsection/torso if you can (or full body, whatever you’re comfortable with that’s not revealing of identity). Also what’s your height?

I have never competed, don’t intend to - I compete in powerlifting and strongman (poorly, I might add). But I try to learn just as much about bodybuilding as some of it is useful.

Anyway, all I’ve ever read says that this cycle is legit, EXCEPT way too much tren. Dose is excessive and especially duration. Fouad Abiad has a great podcast, Real Bodybuilding Podcast, and he basically was saying he feels tren should be kept to 6-8 weeks due to kidney toxicity. Lots of top guys preach that.

Imagine the first half with 750mg test instead and then dropping that cc/wk for something like 350 tren during last 8 weeks, with 50mg winstrol last 4 weeks as well. That’s 8 less weeks of kidney torture and lipid fuckery and a drier final package when lipids will be trashed at the end regardless. You may also add some Nolva and bump your AI some for more drying near the end.

Just thoughts from the peanut gallery.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Let us know how the prep and contest goes.

Who was talking about doing a classic physique?? Was it @Matthersby ?
Maybe I’m too critical of myself, but I won’t have the size for that, I’m pretty certain. My coach hadn’t seen my legs when he said that was a possibility too. Now Men’s Physique, I’ll be the biggest 35+ up there...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’d have to agree with Hyde on the tren.
Unless OP has ran it multiple times and has no issues with it.
I can’t imagine the anxiety-fest that would be mast and tren together, although they are always paired in precontest cycle.
I’d pretty much keep everything the same, durations, doses, everything, and just run Tren Ace the last 6-8 weeks of misery.

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
Post a pic of your midsection/torso if you can (or full body, whatever you’re comfortable with that’s not revealing of identity). Also what’s your height?

I have never competed, don’t intend to - I compete in powerlifting and strongman (poorly, I might add). But I try to learn just as much about bodybuilding as some of it is useful.

Anyway, all I’ve ever read says that this cycle is legit, EXCEPT way too much tren. Dose is excessive and especially duration. Fouad Abiad has a great podcast, Real Bodybuilding Podcast, and he basically was saying he feels tren should be kept to 6-8 weeks due to kidney toxicity. Lots of top guys preach that.

Imagine the first half with 750mg test instead and then dropping that cc/wk for something like 350 tren during last 8 weeks, with 50mg winstrol last 4 weeks as well. That’s 8 less weeks of kidney torture and lipid fuckery and a drier final package when lipids will be trashed at the end regardless. You may also add some Nolva and bump your AI some for more drying near the end.

Just thoughts from the peanut gallery.
Rn I’m doing 750 test 500 deca and I was just gonna transition into a cut. I’m 6’4.

So you’re saying do 750 test 600 mast the first 10 then drop to 500 test and do 350 tren weeks 10-16??

Attachments

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
I’d have to agree with Hyde on the tren.
Unless OP has ran it multiple times and has no issues with it.
I can’t imagine the anxiety-fest that would be mast and tren together, although they are always paired in precontest cycle.
I’d pretty much keep everything the same, durations, doses, everything, and just run Tren Ace the last 6-8 weeks of misery.
I was thinking doing tren E actually. And I’ve ran it a couple times and had like 0 issues except sweating

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rn I’m doing 750 test 500 deca and I was just gonna transition into a cut. I’m 6’4.

So you’re saying do 750 test 600 mast the first 10 then drop to 500 test and do 350 tren weeks 10-16??
I am not ragging on you, so please understand that when I saw you are not 12% bodyfat. You are probably closer to 22% bodyfat right now. Which means you are going to really need to get serious with diet from the get-go and put your time in on the cardio. 16 weeks isn’t a long time for as far as you need to come down, but you can make vast improvements. You will have zero problem making 245.

If you like the test high you can carry it through as far as you like. Some guys drop test couple weeks out or even drop it down, some keep it up the whole way. It’s not a health concern, just will affect how you look individually (which takes experimentation) - the big thing is keep the tren to 6-8 weeks and keep the dosage under control.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Consider hiring a coach to get an expert guide on diet and supplementation. They can probably help your posing out too.

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
I am not ragging on you, so please understand that when I saw you are not 12% bodyfat. You are probably closer to 22% bodyfat right now. Which means you are going to really need to get serious with diet from the get-go and put your time in on the cardio. 16 weeks isn’t a long time for as far as you need to come down, but you can make vast improvements. You will have zero problem making 245.

If you like the test high you can carry it through as far as you like. Some guys drop test couple weeks out or even drop it down, some keep it up the whole way. It’s not a health concern, just will affect how you look individually (which takes experimentation) - the big thing is keep the tren to 6-8 weeks and keep the dosage under control.
Ohh ok. I only said 12 because the machine at the gym says like 8 and I KNOW that’s an underestimation so I just thought maybe closer to 12 or 15, but no offense taken!

I don’t really like the test this high, I only have it at this dose because of the deca being at 500. Once I drop that and throw mast in I’ll probably drop the test to 500. Less estro sides and I just feel a lot less “blah”.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
16 weeks is enough time to drop what bf you need to. You’ve got enough muscle but to do what you need to do whiteout giving up a lot of it, most of this gear and an impeccable diet is necessary.
Start a log bro, I’d love to see how this goes... no trainer??

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
16 weeks is enough time to drop what bf you need to. You’ve got enough muscle but to do what you need to do whiteout giving up a lot of it, most of this gear and an impeccable diet is necessary.
Start a log bro, I’d love to see how this goes... no trainer??
Yeah I have a trainer but he’s not comfortsble telling me what gear to run. That’s why I came on here

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ohh ok. I only said 12 because the machine at the gym says like 8 and I KNOW that’s an underestimation so I just thought maybe closer to 12 or 15, but no offense taken!

I don’t really like the test this high, I only have it at this dose because of the deca being at 500. Once I drop that and throw mast in I’ll probably drop the test to 500. Less estro sides and I just feel a lot less “blah”.
That’s a good plan. You aren’t trying to force new growth after all; the anabolics just need to be high enough to retain maximal lean tissue. More isn’t always better - better is better!

Would adding clen/t3 help hit the goal in 16 weeks?
T3 for men could be added at an optimal replacement dose (25mcg) the last 6 weeks as thyroid slows from diet, but higher than that and you risk losing more lean tissue (T3 is not selective in tissue metabolism) than you otherwise would. Higher T3 can also make you flatten out and make filling out difficult. Bigger doses are for women.

Clen is lean tissue sparing and will definitely help lean if used the last 2-6 weeks, or some use it 2 weeks on 2 off for an extended period, but consider its effects on the heart. You are already going to be on test/mast/tren and orals. Nothing is free, and Clen is bad for the heart, flat out.

Many use it, because it works, but if you can get in shape without it I would. John Meadows has said in the past that he only uses it the last 2 weeks, and not always. He’s more of a low-dose advocate.

Yeah I have a trainer but he’s not comfortsble telling me what gear to run. That’s why I came on here
Smart man. And take our words with a grain of salt - you must take ownership of your usage and remember that everyone has an opinion but you only get one life so don’t be too rash with the drugs.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

That’s a good plan. You aren’t trying to force new growth after all; the anabolics just need to be high enough to retain maximal lean tissue. More isn’t always better - better is better!

Would adding clen/t3 help hit the goal in 16 weeks?
T3 for men could be added at an optimal replacement dose (25mcg) the last 6 weeks as thyroid slows from diet, but higher than that and you risk losing more lean tissue (T3 is not selective in tissue metabolism) than you otherwise would. Higher T3 can also make you flatten out and make filling out difficult. Bigger doses are for women.

Clen is lean tissue sparing and will definitely help lean if used the last 2-6 weeks, or some use it 2 weeks on 2 off for an extended period, but consider its effects on the heart. You are already going to be on test/mast/tren and orals. Nothing is free, and Clen is bad for the heart, flat out.

Many use it, because it works, but if you can get in shape without it I would. John Meadows has said in the past that he only uses it the last 2 weeks, and not always. He’s more of a low-dose advocate.

Smart man. And take our words with a grain of salt - you must take ownership of your usage and remember that everyone has an opinion but you only get one life so don’t be too rash with the drugs.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’ve got it figured out.
Everything Hyde has said is about where I’d be.
I’d skip the clen all together or just 2 weeks out if there’s any stubborn fat remaining, but that’s me. I’m really good at dieting so I’d rather just keep anabolics high and do more Liss and HIIT. I’d skip
the tren too bc my sanity and sleep is too important. Some guys like you do great with it, but ill bet you can front load it a little and get what you need in 8-10 at the end.
Good info above on T3, I’m taking note...

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established

Ok sounds good on the t3 and clen. I’ll probably just put those in the last 6 weeks to ensure I make weight. And you’re right about the ownership. I’m obviously on here to get the two cents from guys who are more knowledgeable than me on this stuff, but I also know what I can and cat handle. And if I start to feel like ass from something someone on here told me to do, i would cut it real quick.

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
You’ve got it figured out.
Everything Hyde has said is about where I’d be.
I’d skip the clen all together or just 2 weeks out if there’s any stubborn fat remaining, but that’s me. I’m really good at dieting so I’d rather just keep anabolics high and do more Liss and HIIT. I’d skip
the tren too bc my sanity and sleep is too important. Some guys like you do great with it, but ill bet you can front load it a little and get what you need in 8-10 at the end.
Good info above on T3, I’m taking note...
So you’re saying run the tren when I’m 8-10 weeks out?