Considering starting TRT Even Though I Make A TOTAL of 500+ natur

VinceMc

Awards
Basically i thought about this -
I getting around 500 ttt , free was 10 , free 1.4%.
after a week of clomid only 5 day -test challenge i was able to get a free testosterone of 1.7% and
shbg is 40, total was 740, free was 12 .

Now i know most of you will say that i am making enough testosterone naturally - yes at 500.

but its apparent to me that going on TRT is my best option right now to get "the right free testosterone for my libido", as its clear to me that
a) with my natural or clomid - my free testosterone "never" gets within range i dont feel any positive effects from a 500 ng, I WOULD rather have a 500 mg/ml of test from an ex-genous source but have a "FREE testosterone Within range".
b) whether i run the clomid or go naturally, there is Something that is Causing that Testosterone to be either heavily BOUND or i have excessive Estrogen or some other issue.
C) the part of going on Test will correct some of these imbalances, for one 1) the androgens will lower the SHBG 2) the AI will control the estrogen, 3) the fat will disappear around the mid section more and less aromatose.

You see, having a 400-500, or even 750 total testoterones but a low free test % means that "IN Effect" you are making the same testosterone level as someone who is <250 or 300. To me, that makes the biggest case why someone should start TRT at a "normal totals range".

Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of flawed thinking here and you are falling into the typical "tunnel vision" focusing on one area...Hormones are only about 25-30% of the equation my friend. People spend years barking up the wrong tree from micromanaging things when you need to look at the bigger picture. There is an old sayingSee The Forrest between the Trees. How true this is in this and just about every forum out there (which you just found LOL) ..

Question Last bloodwork of 2012. looks good, I feel like crap..

Prime example, Focusing on hormones over looking the obvious results one easily ended up on a wild goose chase. Not one time did any responder ask what he was eating, current meds other then testosterone, thyroid levels, ferritin levels, even simple vitamin D, current relationship,what supplements, not even how over weight he may have been...again all common sense over looked. Not saying HRT is bad, but its not a silver bullet.

techlogik

Awards
Let me give you some advice from someone who has been on 5yrs of TRT/HRT. Don't do it. You will be chasing a magical unicorn that will likely never even exist.

Once you start playing with exogenous hormones into your body, things can get dicey/better/worse.

I wish I made 500 naturally.

Maybe try Nolva/Torem for a short run of 5 days also and see if that helps since you tried clomid.

Also, get more complete labs, we need to know your E2 and range, that could be your problem right there and nothing more. But we don't know since we are missing a lot of information...thyroid labs complete would be good also posted.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Well said

texastea

Awards
I believe the original poster is right in at least one respect. Discussion of testosterone levels and treatment protocols almost always focus on Total Testosterone with very little attention given to Free levels. I am certainly no expert, but can imagine that there are a lot of men that don't need testosterone "replacement", but would benefit from testosterone "balancing" to increase their Free levels...should such a thing be possible.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I'm 48, and I can pick out the guys like me that are on TRT and those that aren't. Guys that are ON TRT workout with vigor and look ripped for their age. The other ones look sad, tired and their weak arms are draped with skin.

Do what you want. I'm sticking to my 800 T count!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately that is a generalization which i can completely disprove. I.know.tons of.guys on.trt workout eat better then.most bodybuilder and.are.weak.as dog. Through.reason is they have other issues which hrt did.not address as they where so.mislead.to.believe. Trt is.not a pancrea or.silver bullet, but a small.piece of the.puzzle.

Rmartin

Awards
I believe the original poster is right in at least one respect. Discussion of testosterone levels and treatment protocols almost always focus on Total Testosterone with very little attention given to Free levels. I am certainly no expert, but can imagine that there are a lot of men that don't need testosterone "replacement", but would benefit from testosterone "balancing" to increase their Free levels...should such a thing be possible.
I agree with you. My total number is supposedly great, but I have huge issues with free test and available test.

Too much negative (e2) conversion on my side ruins it for me. I fear trt long term Becuase my body seems to adjust quickly to the increased test. In turn, I just end up with the same free (available) test.

Sucks :(