Considering Pregnenolone

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m back to considering pregnenolone since my levels are way below bottom of the range and maybe that’s the source of my sleep issues. I already have low normal cortisol levels, and so my concern is if I respond poorly, could it shutdown natural production of cortisol enough to cause real issues? Or am I looking too deep or in the wrong direction? Can supplementing pregnenolone cause natural levels to plummet even farther and cause other real issues? Thanks in advance.

FWIW, my DHEA-S levels are horrible too, but DHEA gives me detached from reality after a few days.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My high-cortisol levels went way down after using Preg. And the domino effect of better life qualities followed. As for SRARTING with low levels... Idk man

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Pregnenolone is made with in the mitochondrion. This oftens means the body is in a cell danger response from some sort of toxins or pathogen..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dunno the answers to your questions other than personal experience. Pregnenolone supplementation increased mine into the upper ranges as well as some affect on DHEA. It's finicky though because I have had it increase e2 a bit so you may have some trial and error.

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m back to considering pregnenolone since my levels are way below bottom of the range and maybe that’s the source of my sleep issues.
Do you think you have adrenal fatigue (pregnenolone is made by adrenal glands)? I do feel like I had it pretty bad last year, but didn't get tested at the time. Mostly just fixing some lifestyle problems like excess coffee and bad sleep schedule helped the most. And at least for me pregnenolone makes me feel slighty more balanced but doesn't seem to have any negative effects whether on or off a daily 100mg dose.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you think you have adrenal fatigue (pregnenolone is made by adrenal glands)? I do feel like I had it pretty bad last year, but didn't get tested at the time. Mostly just fixing some lifestyle problems like excess coffee and bad sleep schedule helped the most. And at least for me pregnenolone makes me feel slighty more balanced but doesn't seem to have any negative effects whether on or off a daily 100mg dose.
I’m not sure if I “believe in” adrenal fatigue, but I do believe in suboptimal adrenal function like there is suboptimal thyroid and testosterone, but I don’t believe it can be fixed like your saying. But yeah, I need to try pregnenolone.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does this have any estrogenic properties to it?

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Not in itself, but there is no way to control or predict the conversion, so it's always best to start low and assess.
Yes I think that's right. From what I've seen, there's not any way to even make educated guesses when talking about the full range of steroid synthesis pathways. Raising one steroid hormone could raise some or lower others and that can depend on genetics, disease, duration, and who knows what else. I wouldn't say it's normally estrogenic, but it's definitely possible.