Concerts

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone an avid concert goer? I went to a variety of shows when I was in my teens…Sevendust, Primus, Incubus, Korn, Rob Zombie, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, Mike Patton, Static-X…

Took many years off until Behemoth, then Transiberian Orchestra a few times, then many years off again, until recently…

Judas Priest, Septicflesh, Queensryche, Omnium Gatherum…all of which were awesome.

Strongly considering going to Def Leppard and Journey in a couple weeks but quite expensive.

Dark Tranquility, Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper coming up. I got the bug again!

Anyone seen any of these or plan on it? Seen anything else?

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I go to tons of concerts when I can. (I work offshore). I'm 53 and been going to concerts since I was 11 years old. I'm a metal head so I've seen just about every band you can think of that has been relevant in the metal/rock scene. I've had tickets to see Judas Priest 3 times and haven't actually got to see them yet due to circumstances. Trying again this year!!! Just saw ZZ Top for the 5 time and they were surprisingly on fire!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've seen a few this year, static-x, Mudvayne, Lamb of God, Pantera. September is looking like a big concert month for metal heads in NC

I've seen Pantera about a dozen times. I used to go see them in bars (Dallas/Shreveport) before they blew up. I'd love to see them with Zakk and Charlie on the drums. I was offshore when they came near me.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've seen Pantera about a dozen times. I used to go see them in bars (Dallas/Shreveport) before they blew up. I'd love to see them with Zakk and Charlie on the drums. I was offshore when they came near me.
What year did you see Pantera back then in bars? Was that Cowboys era?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've seen BLS a few time @ the HOB in New Orleans. I drove to Michigan in January to see Pantera with my twin brother. It rocked! Saw Judas Priest last winter with my 15 year old son. Halford still has it.
Saw Depeche Mode live last summer & it was incredible!!

Yes, I listen to everything. Lol.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've seen BLS a few time @ the HOB in New Orleans. I drove to Michigan in January to see Pantera with my twin brother. It rocked! Saw Judas Priest last winter with my 15 year old son. Halford still has it.
Saw Depeche Mode live last summer & it was incredible!!

Yes, I listen to everything. Lol.
I took my 12 year old son and 13 year old daughter to Judas Priest and they loved it.

Actually, up until a couple months ago, my son was into whatever everyone else was…until I made him go to Omnium Gatherum and Queensryche the same night. He’s been a metal fan ever since and wants to see them all 😂

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for a while I was going to 1 or 2 a week in the city. it was about a 50 minute drive to any show in Seattle so I hit the small clubs and big ones all the time. Local to me we had a huge amphitheater for pain the grass, so Godsmack, Avenged, Rob Zombie, a ton of great shows big and small. We saw Bush in Fremont/Vegas for NYE not last NY, but the one before that. They sounded the same as they did in the 90s, it was awesome!!

Strongly considering going to Def Leppard and Journey in a couple weeks but quite expensive.
This is why I sorta think our concert days are over... we still hit Vamp'd in Vegas when we are there, usually get tickets for like $15-25 and have GREAT shows, but it's small. Last year we thought about the Motley Crue show with Def Leppard, but tickets were like $350ea for 300 level seats and I'm not sure I can get myself to pay to see a show on a big screen. I saw three days grace, breaking benjamin and (gasp) Nickleback in the tacoma dome years ago for like $80 but I was touching the stage and when Chad Kroeger threw his guitar pic in the crowd I snagged it... saw Saving Abel at a small club in Vancouver, BC (border patrol did not like my story that I was only in the country for 24hrs to see a concert) but man... prices now days are just crazy.

my last really big show was Styx, Foreigner and Def Leppard. we actually spent Foreigner out in the parking lot, Styx in the beer garden, then grabbed our seats at the amphitheater for Def, lol that was like 12+ years ago.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Motley Crue show with Def Leppard
I saw the stadium tour with them, Poison, and Joan Jett down in Jacksonville, FL. Killer show, it was pouring rain the entire time and we had multiple weather halts for lightening. I was so baked off a gummy that I got lost in the stadium standing still while my exwife hit the bathroom :LOL:

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I saw the stadium tour with them, Poison, and Joan Jett down in Jacksonville, FL. Killer show, it was pouring rain the entire time and we had multiple weather halts for lightening. I was so baked off a gummy that I got lost in the stadium standing still while my exwife hit the bathroom :LOL:
haha yeah that's the tour. they hit Seattle around August so we really really toyed with going for my wife's bday but couldn't' get ourselves to spend the money. her first concert ever was Motley's Girls Girls Girls tour.......... someday we might try something like that again but I know I'll never see her in a mosh pit lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bigpapa General Chat 10
supersoldier General Chat 29