Compounded Test Cream best practices?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

I'm on testosterone compounded cream. About 100mg of testosterone applied a day transdermally

Just started about 2 weeks ago.

What are the best practices?

I'm afraid of transferring it to my GF. Pharmacist says wrists are best application sites

Also. I will be going on vacation in a months time. What is the best way to apply it if I'm planning on going swimming?

Thank you

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the info

Although it specifically provides info for gel. I wonder if the same protocol works in respect to a cream base (which is what I'm taking)
Pretty sure it's one in the same.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You really only have to worry about transference within the first hour of application. After 30mins to an hour it should be absorbed. You could wash the site an hour or two after if you're really worried.
And I was always told upper back/shoulders as that's where your androgen receptors are.

Note*
I had to use these for years before he'd give me the needle, and to increase efficacy bc I'm a hyper - metabolizer I would take my "gel" and put it into another container I could use, like an old OL pump or something like it, and add in 10% by volume dmso. It made my levels go up from low 500's up to almost 900! He asked me how much I was using and I told him the same, I just started applying to "better areas". I Highly recommend this.

Also, I think behind the knees, tops of feet, inner upper arms are good places to apply. Thinner skin is better. I just don't like forearms bc of possible exposure to others.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
You really only have to worry about transference within the first hour of application. After 30mins to an hour it should be absorbed. You could wash the site an hour or two after if you're really worried.
And I was always told upper back/shoulders as that's where your androgen receptors are.

Note*
I had to use these for years before he'd give me the needle, and to increase efficacy bc I'm a hyper - metabolizer I would take my "gel" and put it into another container I could use, like an old OL pump or something like it, and add in 10% by volume dmso. It made my levels go up from low 500's up to almost 900! He asked me how much I was using and I told him the same, I just started applying to "better areas". I Highly recommend this.

Also, I think behind the knees, tops of feet, inner upper arms are good places to apply. Thinner skin is better. I just don't like forearms bc of possible exposure to others.
Awesome advice thank you! My compound mixture is pretty strong. 100mg test powder per .5ml cream. When I spread it it gets all flakey and dry and flakes off. Know any ways to prevent this? I've been adding a touch of water to each application. Not sure if this would help. Also, I'm going on vacation in a month. Any recommendations for application time so I can take advantage of the ocean, sun and pool?

Cheers

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Set alarm for 5-6 am, apply, go back to sleep til you get up.

As for flaking, I had same w stuff from compounding pharmacy (not w testim-awesome, or axiron-total crap). I added a little aloe after applying, but that was bc I also added dmso, but should help soften skin to get more thru and maybe help w the flaking? Not sure. Sounds like it needs another solvent. Could always add 10% iso alcohol and 8-10% dmso for enhanced breakdown of the test into the cream. Both alcohol And dmso are good solvents as well as penatrants. Maybe try one first and see if it helps. If it does, then try both!
After a while I started making my own t cream, using alcohol, dmso, and some other stuff. If interested message me.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established

As for flaking, I had same w stuff from compounding pharmacy (not w testim-awesome, or axiron-total crap). I added a little aloe after applying, but that was bc I also added dmso, but should help soften skin to get more thru and maybe help w the flaking? Not sure. Sounds like it needs another solvent. Could always add 10% iso alcohol and 8-10% dmso for enhanced breakdown of the test into the cream. Both alcohol And dmso are good solvents as well as penatrants. Maybe try one first and see if it helps. If it does, then try both!
After a while I started making my own t cream, using alcohol, dmso, and some other stuff. If interested message me.
Sorry for the ignorance. But what's dmso?

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a solvent used in cosmetics and veterinary world and many other things. Ebay is your friend. Or just message me. Have an extra bottle. You want the white one w blue letters that is 99% pure.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And if you use iso alcohol to break it down a little further then just make sure to use 91%, not the 70%.

Had years and years of disappointment on these things so kinda knowledgeable

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh, they have to say that. Not at all. They use it in face creams!

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was legal til 80's when they outlawed for stupid reason (look it up) and now I think it's legal again bc I keep seeing it in creams and such.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Ahh. Ok, that's a decent price. I'd do ya mine for 10, but shipping would make it more than that, lol.
Yeah bummer. I think my doc may prescribe me inject, I see her Thursday. So hopefully I won't even need it.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And if you do get the needle, do some research on sub q inj by Dr John crisler. My levels went way up on that way vs IM, after they gave me inj that is.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
And if you do get the needle, do some research on sub q inj by Dr John crisler. My levels went way up on that way vs IM, after they gave me inj that is.
I'm E2 sensitive. Currently around 39-45 estradiol levels consistently. I hear subq isn't the way to go if that's the case

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm E2 sensitive. Currently around 39-45 estradiol levels consistently. I hear subq isn't the way to go if that's the case
Actually quite the opposite! IM inj gives a bigger spike in e2 bc of the 24-48hr spike in hormones after inj. Whereas a smaller mg inj, more often gives a sawtooth pattern instead of a big wave like one, therefore not giving such a rose in conversion.

Also, if they're giving you test and your e2 is in the upper range, tell them you need some adex! Look up some articles written by good endocrinologists and show them it's used often. My pcp had no clue!

Shiramillermd dot Com- I think she talks about it.
And there's a million more.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Actually quite the opposite! IM inj gives a bigger spike in e2 bc of the 24-48hr spike in hormones after inj. Whereas a smaller mg inj, more often gives a sawtooth pattern instead of a big wave like one, therefore not giving such a rose in conversion.

Also, if they're giving you test and your e2 is in the upper range, tell them you need some adex! Look up some articles written by good endocrinologists and show them it's used often. My pcp had no clue!

Shiramillermd dot Com- I think she talks about it.
And there's a million more.
Awesome! Gonna request adex on Thursday. I actually have some on hand just sitting there that I haven't used yet. Will prob use .25 a week for now

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, less is more. Need estrogen to grow, for cardiovascular health, etc. It's why women tend to live 10 yrs longer than men, supposedly :rolleyes:

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established

Great info bud! Can you tell me your experience with axiron? Doc wants it but I said maybe later and we agreed on needles for the time being

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Axiron is test base in iso alcohol pretty much. It's total shyt. Complete and total shyt.
And if doc already has you on the needle why change? I prefer IM once a wk inj over cream Any day.
Does the doc allow you to pin at home or do you have to go in office?

If they want you on topical, get it from compounding pharmacy or testim. Testim was awesome at the right dosage, which since I'm a hyper metabolizer I had to use 3 tubes a day! (150mg). But damn does it smell good and women LOVED IT! They'd always ask what cologne I wore and I'd always say "I don't wear cologne, I wear man juice!" And they'd laugh thinking I didn't wanna tell them what kind, lol.

Bottom line- I'd tell my doc and insurance to eat a big fat one and get my **** from a ugl before I Ever used that crap again.
The ONLY* use I found for Axiron was to add 12% dmso and 5% iso myristate and use a pwo. That's it.
So, if you get STUCK on Axiron, no way out, buy some dmso. You're gonna need it.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Axiron is test base in iso alcohol pretty much. It's total shyt. Complete and total shyt.
And if doc already has you on the needle why change? I prefer IM once a wk inj over cream Any day.
Does the doc allow you to pin at home or do you have to go in office?

If they want you on topical, get it from compounding pharmacy or testim. Testim was awesome at the right dosage, which since I'm a hyper metabolizer I had to use 3 tubes a day! (150mg). But damn does it smell good and women LOVED IT! They'd always ask what cologne I wore and I'd always say "I don't wear cologne, I wear man juice!" And they'd laugh thinking I didn't wanna tell them what kind, lol.

Bottom line- I'd tell my doc and insurance to eat a big fat one and get my **** from a ugl before I Ever used that crap again.
The ONLY* use I found for Axiron was to add 12% dmso and 5% iso myristate and use a pwo. That's it.
So, if you get STUCK on Axiron, no way out, buy some dmso. You're gonna need it.
Thanks a lot for the info my friend. Doc said for Axion to get his share I guess... but since I am experienced in injections I disagreed. Finally we agreed to start with test e and maybe later consider Axion. I was considering of it as a future option, but now reading this, I don't any more. Really appreciate sharing your experience.

BTW I have used testim in the past and I didn't like it. Generally I don't like applying things, I prefer to inject or swallow... That didn't sound very good I guess!!!

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks a lot for the info my friend. Doc said for Axion to get his share I guess... but since I am experienced in injections I disagreed. Finally we agreed to start with test e and maybe later consider Axion. I was considering of it as a future option, but now reading this, I don't any more. Really appreciate sharing your experience.

BTW I have used testim in the past and I didn't like it. Generally I don't like applying things, I prefer to inject or swallow... That didn't sound very good I guess!!!
Sounded fine. And I'm glad I could help you save yourself from tanking your test levels. Mine went from a decent 560 (inj) down to low 200's on compounding pharmacy cream! Axiron was 160's! Fk that noise.
And if you want I am happy to send a detailed history and medical records if you want to tell him I'm your cousin and here's his experiences. Fk creams, fk them up their stupid money making asses. I can't stand em. Axirons only use, imho, is as a pwo With the addition of 10%dmso. Other than that it's complete garbage. If I knew how to post pics I'd show you the carriers they use, but it's 80%+ iso alcohol, that's horrible. Absorbtion will be very poor.
Add 10%dmso and 5-10% iso myristate and you actually have a cream worth a crap. But that's playing dr and chemist and getting gloved up, buying extra containers and pumping til you arm gets sore (now that sounded bad, lol).
Glad I could help n thx for the rep brother. Here Anytime. I make my own transdermal applications for all kinds of things if u have any interest- sex enhancer, prolactin, estro, pct/hrt, etc.