Complete list of States that sell Insulin OTC w/o prescription

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Insulin Script required/Syringe Script required

Alabama No No
Alaska Yes Yes

There are some reports that indicate prescriptions are not needed for either insulin or syringes.
Arizona No No (some pharmacies may require)
Arkansas No No
California No No (some pharmacies may require)
Colorado No No (some pharmacies may require)
Connecticut No Yes
Can get 10 days worth without a prescription
Delaware No Yes
District of Columbia No No (with DM ID or insulin purchase)
Florida No Depends on the county, mostly No, but:
Yes Broward County
Georgia No No
Hawaii No No Data
Idaho No No
May ask for ID
Illinois No No
Indiana No No (must sign a logbook)
Iowa No No
Kansas No No (most pharmacies, if purchased with insulin)
Kentucky No No
Louisiana No No
Maine No Yes
Maryland No No (must sign a logbook)
Massachusetts No Yes
Michigan No No
Minnesota No
Some pharmacies may require a one-time only prescription for insulin which has unlimited refills. No
Mississippi No No
Missouri No No
Montana No No
Nebraska No No
Nevada No No
New Hampshire No No
New Jersey No Yes (might be waived with ID)
New Mexico No No
New York No No
The pharmacy can choose whether or not to require a prescription for syringes. If the pharmacy does sell syringes without a prescription, it can only dispense 10 syringes at a time, and it cannot give them to anyone under 18 years old.
North Carolina No No
North Dakota No No
Ohio No No
Oklahoma No No
Some local municpalities require a prescription
Oregon No No
Pennsylvania No Yes
Rhode Island No No
South Carolina No No
South Dakota No No
Tennessee No No
Texas No No (may vary by region)
Utah No No
Some pharmacies may ask for a prescription, and some will Not sell syringes after 10:00 p.m., even if you have a prescription.
Vermont No No
Virginia No
Report of Yes in Northern Virginia No
Washington (state) No No
West Virginia No No
Wisconsin No No
Wyoming No No
Australia Yes No
Prescription Not needed for syringes with a National Diabetic Supplies Card.
Austria Yes No
Belgium Yes Yes
Bulgaria No No
Canada No No (may vary by province)
Costa Rica No No
France No [U100] No
Germany Yes No
Ireland Yes Yes
Italy No [U40, U100 pens available] No
Mexico No No
Philippines No No
Puerto Rico No No
New Zealand No [U100]
Novo & Lilly available, Novo more widely used. One respondent indicates prescription needed for insulin, but not for syringes. No (may require proof of diabetes)
Slovenia Yes No
Switzerland No [U100] No
Turkey No No
UK Yes [U100] No
May require proof of diabetes

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Just to update,many of the states only allow for OTC HumulinR Insulin,the Humalog will still requires a script.upside,even with humulin you can pick up some slin pins at your local pharm,where as if you just ask for slin pins alot of them won't sell them to you,but if you grab a few vials of humulinr they will,just a headsup,also be careful with humulinr as it has a longer active halflife than humalog,which clears the system faster,use humulin with a complete understanding before hand.Do your research.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Massachusetts is supposed to sell syringes OTC, but nobody will.
If you really want to find em' local Gixxer,hit your local farm supply,they're everywhere(co-op),they sell em' for animal use....Sterile=Sterile,I've used "vet grade" stuff plenty,but a while back I bought out a Med Supply Liquidation lot...I could fill a box the size of a refridgerator with pinz/plungerz:head:

Anybody need a couple cathedar sets?Or some epideral/spinal tap pinz?Iv set?:lol:

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I went to two and they turned me down saying they only supply to pharms and doctors. One of them I walked into right after getting bloodwork. I had bandaids on both arms at the intravenous site, hahahhaa. Must of thought I was shooting heroin.:lol:
No you must be not understanding,A farm supply....
they're sitting on the shelf bro...you don't have to ask for anything....Give it another try...look up co-op in the yellow pages and cruis a store,do you guys not have Tractor Supply Co.??/(Same as co-op)

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I must be thinking of the wrong thing, I'll check it out tomorrow in the yellow pages. Thanks a lot swole.
You'll seeI'm very right,they're right under your nose a few miles away and you don't even know it;)
If you can't find em' in the store ask em' where are the dog shots....the syringes will be sitting near them in same/or adjacent AisleYou might even find a 1,000mcg b12 inj if your lucky...

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
While i'm at it i'm gonna askthem where the human shots are and get some test. :)
They may possibly have The Cattle pellets which alot of bros still convert to test and tren...Finaplix-H...for tren....and synovex-H for test prop or to convert to test base and make suspension...was a big things 5 -6 yrs ago...thats why everybody was selling all those fina kits...still are...Although not many farmers actually use the stuff anymore,they use Ralgo and crap which is alot cheaper and just makes the cattle fat...