Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Compete with Kenpo

kenpoengineer

Well-known member
Thanks to Vaughn for allowing me to log iForce Compete. Welcome to my log.

Ordered the tangerine flavor and I'm glad I did because it is great tasting. Loved the profile and couldn't wait to use it as my intra-workout drink.

Served up two scoops into 32 oz of water and hit my gym for some upper back work while sipping Compete::

Dumbbell Bent Over Rows
65x8x3

One Arm Dumbbell Rows
70x8x2
75x8

Dumbbell Shrugs
100x10x3

CG Lat Pulldown
145x8x3

Later in the morning I felt energized and ready for the day. I think I'll reduce to the recommended 1 scoop as the sweetness was a little high and my workouts don't really cause me to sweat.
 
Final Review for Tangerine iForce Compete:

Taste: tangerine flavor tasted like the old Tang drink I enjoyed as a kid. 1 scoop in 32 oz water tasted amazing.

Mixing: mixed well and stayed that way. Since this is an intra I expected separation. None of that happened.

Effectiveness: during a workout Compete was refreshing and thirst quenching. Endurance was high and DOMS was almost nonexistent.

This is going into my everyday use stack. I really recommend this to my fellow lifters.
 
In man!! Good choice on the Tangerine Compete, I really liked it!!

Welcome in here anytime Reggie. You're a legend in AM now. Beast looking Grandfather!
 
1 scoop of Compete in 32 oz water for me and the taste is perfecto.

Squats today:
144x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
215x3 PR
225x1. Failed on 2nd rep
145x10
145x10
145x10

Legs are toast. Will get to 235 by summer!
 
1 scoop of Compete in 32 oz water for me and the taste is perfecto.

Squats today:
144x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
215x3 PR
225x1. Failed on 2nd rep
145x10
145x10
145x10

Legs are toast. Will get to 235 by summer!

I bet your legs were toast! You'll get 235 this Spring!!
 
I'm in.
 
Sweet!! I was taking 1 serving pre and 1 intra as well and it seemed to help me significantly.
 
This is a workout where Compete shines! Endurance during the sweat:

Boxer's Workout

Crunches, inchworms, speed bag timed and six 2 min rounds with the heavy bag. HR was up and cardio felt good! I use a heart rate monitor to make sure I'm in a good range and not in the "kill" range.

Slight pump from the Compete? Hmmm.
 
In so much water, it still tastes good :)

Mike

It tastes really good. Even with the amount of water I'm using. To me the flavor reminds me of Tang- The Drink of the Astronauts!
 
Tried 1 and 1/2 scoop of Compete in 32 oz water today and it was too sweet. Going back to a scoop. No DOMS today.

Fast Arms

CG Bench
165x5
185x5
205x3
225x1 PR

EZ Bar Curls
90x5
90x5
90x5
100x5
100x5
 
Back to 1 scoop per 32 oz water. Still drink 8 oz before working out.

BB Bench

145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x2
235x1
185x5
165x8
165x8

Off to work I go!
 
Tried 1 and 1/2 scoop of Compete in 32 oz water today and it was too sweet. Going back to a scoop. No DOMS today.

Fast Arms

CG Bench
165x5
185x5
205x3
225x1 PR

EZ Bar Curls
90x5
90x5
90x5
100x5
100x5

Doms will be a thing of the past with Compete! I really noticed it when I ran out. No doms when taking Compete and sore as hell without.
 
1 scoop Compete. Gave it a week to kick in and I agree with Reggie that DOMS is gone! Hmm.

Standing Shoulder Press
85x5
95x5
105x5
115x5
125x3
135x1
105x5
105x5
105x5

Short and simple.
 
kenpo, taking a look at your workouts, do you just log your main lift, or is that really all that you do for that day? No accessory movements?
 
kenpo, taking a look at your workouts, do you just log your main lift, or is that really all that you do for that day? No accessory movements?

Hi Dave. I only have one hour in the morning and my age has reduced endurance (53 this year). So alas, these are my only lifts for the day. Been thinking of adding a second workout after work though. Any suggestions are welcome.
 
Hi Dave. I only have one hour in the morning and my age has reduced endurance (53 this year). So alas, these are my only lifts for the day. Been thinking of adding a second workout after work though. Any suggestions are welcome.

Holy crap, 53!! your more than 2x my age :p

Props to you for still living a fit life! :)
 
Holy crap, 53!! your more than 2x my age :p

Props to you for still living a fit life! :)

Thanks CB! Remember as you grow older, you have nothing if you don't have your health! Keep lifting and being healthy!

With this said, I'm still open to any and all suggestions for improving my workouts. Just have to keep them at about an hour.
 
Not enough time this morning. Chugged my 8 oz Compete and hit a quick workout.

CG Bench
165x5
185x5
205x3
225x1

Weighted Dips
BW(160) + 50 x8
BW +75 x8x3
 
Damn, 8oz!?!? You must like really sweet stuff!!

Mike

Absolutely have a sweet tooth! At 1 scoop per 32 oz water this stuff tastes great. Noticed that DOMS is really low the day after. So far so good.
 
Back/Biceps today

Deadlifts
245x5
265x5
285x3 right knee cut these short

EZBar Curls
90x5x3

Bent Over DB Row
70x7
70x6
70x5

Weather is getting to me blah!
 
First Finaflex 1Alpha cap last night. Second one this morning and hit the workout. iForce Compete for intra and Creatrona/Nitraflex for PWO. Here we go....

Squats
145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
215x4
145x10
145x10
145x10

Leg Extensions
70x8
120x8x2

I figure Compete is going to be awesome on this cycle.
 
Compete remains as my intra staple. Feeling good and really like the taste.

1Alpha every 8 hours now. Today was chest:

BB Bench Press
145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x3
235x1
185x5
165x10

I'm bound and determined to PR to 250 on this cycle! Felt a little "off" for this workout.
 
mate I would definetely suggest just reducing the number of sets youre doing on your main lift

say its down to 4 sets, that leaves you with a lot of time and energy you can use to hit the muscle from different angles and different rep schemes.

i would just pick 2 more exercises (accessory movements to your main lift)

and do some sets in the 12-20 rep range
 
mate I would definetely suggest just reducing the number of sets youre doing on your main lift

say its down to 4 sets, that leaves you with a lot of time and energy you can use to hit the muscle from different angles and different rep schemes.

i would just pick 2 more exercises (accessory movements to your main lift)

and do some sets in the 12-20 rep range

Thanks for the suggestion. After reading some of the more experienced lifters' logs I realized I needed to add accessory movements to my routines. I will change up by reducing sets and adding movements.
 
Compete remains as my intra staple. Feeling good and really like the taste.

1Alpha every 8 hours now. Today was chest:

BB Bench Press
145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x3
235x1
185x5
165x10

I'm bound and determined to PR to 250 on this cycle! Felt a little "off" for this workout.

Your only 15 pounds away from 250 bro. Have you tried to get it? I bet you could!!!
 
Your only 15 pounds away from 250 bro. Have you tried to get it? I bet you could!!!

Tried 245 and barely locked it out. My goal is 250 for reps during this cycle. Tough without a spotter.
 
I know what you mean about a spotter. I'm always cutting myself short on bench because I don't wanna ask someone to spot me.
 
Had a suggestion to vary my lifts, cut sets down a bit and add assistance lifts. Point taken. I guess I was in rut as for my workout routine. So, will be switching things up.

For this workout the Compete tastes so very good!!!

Boxer's Workout

Kettlebell Figure 8 (Bent Down Between Knees)
45x20x3

Dumbbell Wood Choppers
30x10x3

Dumbbell Lateral Raises
20x8x3

Standing Arnold Press
30x8
40x8x2

Speed Bag
1min on;1min rest x 3

Heavy Bag
1min on;1min rest x 3

Shoulders burned and in need of iForce Joint Help.
 
Back
Top