Coming 3/1: DNP log

torp

Awards
did u do any cardio and stick to ur norm workout routine aswell?
Cardio was impossible for me and honestly, I think the few calories I would have burned in the 20 minutes wasn't worth a heat stroke. I did workout but did not work out as intensely as when I'm not on DNP. My goal was to preserve muscle and maintain. You are NOT going to build muscle on DNP regardless of how much anabolics you are taking.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey U, have you been monitoring body temperature, with a thermometer while on the DNP? Because from my research on DNP when I wanted to use it (decided not to) said that rise in body temp is one of the main things that needs to be monitored. Also 3.5-4 gallons of water seems like way too much, even for DNP use, I would think that you would be totally washing out your electolytes. Also looking at your pics you did make a big improvement in the time you were on the DNP, but you said you started at ~14% BF and your starting pic looks closer to ~18+% and your after looks closer to ~14%. I was ~13.5% using lange calipers and the 7 point test at the beginning of my cut and I looked considerably leaner than your before pic. I'm not trying to be a ****, I'm just stating thisbecause the more accurate you are with all your measurements the more accurately you can track your progress.

-WannaGro

P.S.- check out ALR's books, they have some decent info as well on DNP cycles.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually the before "pic" was really bad, it was from a bad angle and I look like total **** in it, I mean, it made me look fatter than I am, I kid you not. Even the after pic sucks IMO.

Your right though, because we just found a few days ago out the girl giving caliper tests was doing them WRONG. In fact I am now 12.5%, so 16-18% originally makes sense.

I am going to take another followup picture today, as the water wieght has subsided now and the anabolics are out of my system. I think I look better than in the "after" pic by far.

As for Body temp. god....it was harsh. Sometimes when I was sleeping I thought I was in a Torture camp, it was bad, and I hardly slept. I would wake up in the middle of the night with sweat rings on my shirt. Sometimes I would stick my head in the freezer.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey U, have you been monitoring body temperature, with a thermometer while on the DNP? Because from my research on DNP when I wanted to use it (decided not to) said that rise in body temp is one of the main things that needs to be monitored. Also 3.5-4 gallons of water seems like way too much, even for DNP use, I would think that you would be totally washing out your electolytes. Also looking at your pics you did make a big improvement in the time you were on the DNP, but you said you started at ~14% BF and your starting pic looks closer to ~18+% and your after looks closer to ~14%. I was ~13.5% using lange calipers and the 7 point test at the beginning of my cut and I looked considerably leaner than your before pic. I'm not trying to be a ****, I'm just stating thisbecause the more accurate you are with all your measurements the more accurately you can track your progress.

-WannaGro

P.S.- check out ALR's books, they have some decent info as well on DNP cycles.
I like you....Reps for you bro!!!

jim brooks

Banned
Awards
hi looked at pics didnt seem like u had all that much muscle, if any on u . u said u worked out for 4 yrs and had a lot of muscle under the fat. its hardto belive u would take that type of risk to body heart ,liver, to look good 4 the beach ? there is some fat loss in after pic but could be done with diet .

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
I like you....Reps for you bro!!!
Well thanks. The temp thing has to do with a few things like the brain damage that they were talking about a few posts up. If your body temp is to high for extended periods of time you will have some serious problems. You should monitor it with a thermometer and track changes from your normal body temp. ALR for instance says that you should try to dose it so that you stay around 99.5-99.7 degrees, assuming that your the normal 98.6. **I'm not saying that what ALR says is fact, he just has more experience than I do and his book is sitting next to my computer.** I got to go to class though. Later.

-WannaGro

torp

Awards
Well thanks. The temp thing has to do with a few things like the brain damage that they were talking about a few posts up. If your body temp is to high for extended periods of time you will have some serious problems. You should monitor it with a thermometer and track changes from your normal body temp. ALR for instance says that you should try to dose it so that you stay around 99.5-99.7 degrees, assuming that your the normal 98.6. **I'm not saying that what ALR says is fact, he just has more experience than I do and his book is sitting next to my computer.** I got to go to class though. Later.

-WannaGro
Using the crystals as opposed to the powder, I think temperature is fairly steady (for me) at 99.5 - 100.0. I've dosed anywhere from 250 - 750mg a day and the temp rarely varied much. I believe if you let yourself dehydrate (which is the real issue on DNP) is when temperature and heatstroke becomes a real danger and factor. I've never used powder DNP so that may be very different on body temp, etc.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
U you got mail, you can take down your email.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, does DNP do anything besides hasten the rate of weight loss? I don't care about supps that do something that I could do with calorie restriction, I'm more interested in cutting aids such as EC/Albuterol and Testosterone that have partitioning effects.

Schwaugher

Awards
It greatly increases the bodies metabolism of alcohol, but i don't think that has any use for most of us ;). It shuttles glucose to the muscles while starving the fat cells, and has the "anabolic rebound" reported by many people [including me]. Other than that, i don't think DNP offers anything else besides fat loss. But my computer crashed a couple weeks ago, and i lost all my research when i reformatted my hard-drives, so i might be missing something.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
hf used to claim better cholesterol profiles while using the stuff

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I don't really understand how it preferentially shuttles anything to the muscle is I guess what I'm getting at. It is an oxidative uncoupler, all it is doing is making your energy metabolism less efficient by inhibiting ATP production.

Testosterone is lypolitic and anti-catabolic. Ephedrine and albuterol both increase SNS tone, increase lipolysis and decrease appetite (albuterol even has the potential to increase strength). Fibrates, sesamin and green tea all shift the body's energy metabolism towards fatty acids so more of the calories you burn are from fat.

From what I know about DNP, it seems to just increase your metabolism of all energy sources, which isn't that useful as you can achieve basically the same effect with caloric reduction. Of course, if it has other effects besides the uncoupling one, that may be of some benefit... Which is why I posted my first message.

Schwaugher

Awards
Do you really want me to go into detail about that...ok, you asked for it. This is a link to the full-text study explaining the glucose shuttling effects of DNP.

http://ajpcell.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/275/6/C1487

Here's the discussion info:
Distinct pathways for glucose transport stimulation. Several lines of evidence suggest that a pathway exists for the stimulation of glucose transport into skeletal muscle by insulin that differs from that for stimulation of energy demand (contraction or hypoxia). For example, a combination of the two stimuli produces an additive stimulation of glucose uptake. Furthermore, insulin signaling requires activation of PI3K and Akt/PKB, but hypoxia and contraction do not (40, 43, 57). Here we show that the stimulation of glucose uptake by DNP in L6 muscle cells is additive to that induced by insulin. Also, we demonstrate that, unlike insulin, DNP does not activate PI3K, Akt/PKB, or p70S6K. The lack of activation of Akt/PKB by DNP is in agreement with the recent study by Lund et al. (43) that showed muscle contraction had no effect Akt/PKB activity. These findings support the notion that at least two distinct pathways leading to the stimulation of glucose uptake also exist in L6 muscle cells. The insulin-independent pathway will hence be termed "the alternative pathway" for the purpose of this discussion.

The Ca2+-PKC hypothesis. It has long been considered that the rise in intracellular Ca2+ is a critical mediator of increased glucose transport during skeletal muscle contraction and hypoxia (7, 25). This has been proposed mostly on the basis of inhibition of the stimulation of glucose transport during hypoxia and contraction by agents that are thought to block Ca2+ channels [e.g., verapamil (7)] or lower Ca2+ efflux from the sarcoplasmic reticulum [e.g., dantrolene (25)]. Additionally, several studies have shown that rates of glucose transport can be increased in mammalian muscle when cytoplasmic Ca2+ concentrations are raised using agents such as W-7, caffeine, and Ca2+ ionophores (24, 25, 47). In contrast, insulin does not significantly affect cytosolic Ca2+ levels (33, 35). Ca2+ is, however, released from mitochondria as a result of DNP dissipation of the H+ gradient (44). We therefore reasoned that Ca2+ may be a trigger in the insulin-independent mechanism of glucose transport activation. Our findings with the buffering of intra- and extracellular Ca2+ provide more direct evidence that Ca2+ plays a significant role in the stimulation of glucose transport induced by DNP but not in stimulation induced by insulin.

A rise in cytoplasmic Ca2+ levels may facilitate the activation of key intracellular signaling molecules that lead to increased muscle glucose transport. PKC is a Ca2+-dependent signaling intermediary that can be activated by increases in cellular Ca2+. Because Ca2+ can activate cPKCs and PMA (a known activator of cPKC) can increase glucose by a transport mechanism distinct from insulin (2, 18, 36, 58), we explored the potential role of cPKC in DNP-stimulated glucose transport. On the basis of four lines of evidence, we propose that DNP, acting through Ca2+-sensitive PKC, can modify L6 muscle cell glucose transport. 1) The downregulation of cPKC, but not of atypical PKC protein isoforms, decreased DNP-stimulated glucose transport by 45%, with no effect on insulin-induced glucose uptake. 2) The DNP-induced rise in glucose transport was lowered by 60% with a low dose of BIM (1 µM) that is known to effectively inhibit cPKC, whereas the insulin response was only affected at a far greater BIM concentration. 3) DNP caused a rapid translocation of PKC-
, -
, and -
to the cell surface and brought about their activation. It is conceivable that, in addition to Ca2+ activation, the kinase molecules experienced covalent modifications that contributed to this activation. 4) Using 379196 to selectively inhibit PKC-
, we observed a partial decrease (67%) in the stimulation of glucose transport by DNP, which closely approximates the inhibition observed with BIM treatment (60%). Therefore, we propose that PKC-
may account for the cPKC isoform participating in glucose transporter mobilization during metabolic challenge. Previous reports have revealed PKC activation during muscle contraction (12, 50). However, which of the 12 different PKC isoforms was responsible for this effect was not determined. In light of our findings with 379196, it is plausible that PKC-
may also relay the signal to glucose transporters in the exercising muscle. If specific antagonists for the other Ca2+-sensitive PKC isotypes become available, it will be possible to verify the specific cPKC mediators of the alternative mechanism of glucose transport activation. Because PMA-stimulated glucose transport was completely inhibited by 1 µM BIM and PMA downregulation of cPKC and yet no more than 60% of the stimulation by DNP was inhibited by these manipulations, we postulate that there may be a PKC-independent component to the stimulation of glucose uptake by DNP. Conversely, PMA stimulates cPKC activity by eightfold but is only able to induce a 50% rise in glucose transport. Therefore, robust activation of PKC alone is not sufficient to increase glucose transport to levels comparable to those induced by DNP or insulin. Discrepant effects of phorbol esters, insulin, and hypoxia on glucose transport have been noted previously (18, 20, 58). Ca2+ chelation was more effective than cPKC inhibition in reducing the DNP stimulation of glucose uptake. However, even this treatment left a residual increase in glucose uptake. Also, the effect of Ca2+ buffering on DNP action was not enhanced by simultaneous cPKC inhibition or cPKC deletion (Table 1). Assuming that all treatments were fully effective on their targets (i.e., they fully inhibited cPKC and prevented rises in cytoplasmic Ca2+, as appropriate), then it is possible that three types of signals cooperate to bring about the DNP effect on glucose uptake: cPKC activation, a secondary effect of Ca2+, and a Ca2+-independent signal.
This concept is illustrated in
Fig. 10.
View larger version (51K):
[in a new window]
Fig. 10. Ca2+- and cPKC-dependent components of DNP-stimulated glucose transport. Whole pie graph represents 100% of glucose transport stimulated by DNP. Hatched and stippled regions represent Ca2+-dependent component (80%) of this activation. Within this Ca2+-dependent element, we postulate that 60% of DNP response (stippled region) is mediated by cPKCs that are sensitive to intracellular Ca2+ levels (likely PKC-
). Remaining Ca2+-independent component (~20%, open region) involves unknown mediators.

Using L6 GLUT-4-myc cells, we were able to show that the inhibition of DNP-stimulated 2-[3H]deoxyglucose uptake caused by Ca2+ chelation or by interference with cPKC activation is reflected by a decrease in the mobilization of GLUT-4-myc to the cell surface. GLUT-4-myc translocation, assessed by a colorimetric detection assay, was impaired by these manipulations to nearly the same extent as glucose transport in wild-type L6 or L6 GLUT-4-myc muscle cells. It was shown previously that the GLUT-4-myc expressed in L6 myotubes is functional for glucose uptake and behaves like endogenous GLUT-4 (31, 59). Therefore, the inhibitory effect of cPKC inhibition or downregulation and Ca2+ buffering on DNP-stimulated glucose transport occurred at a signaling step proximal to GLUT-4 translocation rather than at the level of GLUT-4 vesicle docking and fusion or by a direct effect on glucose transporter activity. Consistent with a role for PKC stimulation of GLUT-4 vesicle translocation, numerous early studies report that agents that activate PKC can stimulate exocytosis in a variety of cell types (26, 28). Billiard et al. (6) observed that the exocytosis of secretory vesicles in rat pituitary gonadotropes could be stimulated independently by either Ca2+ elevations or PKC activation with PMA. Because the stimulation of glucose uptake by DNP involves incorporation of GLUT-containing vesicles into the cell surface (57), the participation of cPKC in this step is a distinct possibility. Other potential mediators. The alternative pathway appears to involve Ca2+-dependent and Ca2+-independent signals, since Ca2+ chelation could not fully inhibit DNP-stimulated glucose transport. From our studies, the origin and nature of the Ca2+-independent pathway is not evident, but it does not include the type 1A PI3K-Akt axis or other wortmannin-sensitive PI3Ks. This pathway probably also does not include PKC-
, since inhibition of all known subfamilies of PKC with 10 µM BIM did not further inhibit DNP-stimulated glucose transport even though it reduced insulin-stimulated glucose transport, which has been linked in part to a requirement for PKC-
(2, 3) (Fig. 4A). It is noteworthy that activation of PKC-
by insulin probably occurs via PI3K lipid products (2, 54).

A major unresolved issue is whether other signaling molecules, in addition to cPKC, are responsible for mediating the effect of DNP on glucose transport. Recently, it was proposed that 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) may be involved in hypoxia- or exercise-stimulated glucose transport but not in the insulin-dependent pathway (22, 52). Given that metabolic stressors such as DNP are known activators of AMPK, we tested this hypothesis by chemically activating AMPK with the AMP analog 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleoside (AICAR). Maximal AICAR-stimulated glucose transport was not additive to insulin- or DNP-dependent glucose uptake in L6 muscle cells (Khayat and Klip, unpublished observations). Therefore, the participation of AMPK in the action of DNP on glucose transport is not likely. Other signals proposed to lead to glucose transport stimulation during muscle contraction are nitric oxide (NO) (51) and bradykinin, acting through the trimeric G protein Gq (31). Whether these signals are implicated in DNP action is not presently known. Goodyear et al. (19) have shown that exercise, a physiological stressor, can activate the stress-activated mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) p38MAPK in rat skeletal muscle. Similarly, we have shown rapid phosphorylation of p38MAPK by DNP in L6 muscle cells (55). However, DNP-stimulated glucose uptake is likely not dependent on p38MAPK activity, since the selective p38MAPK inhibitor SB-203580 failed to prevent the DNP response of glucose transport (Khayat and Klip, unpublished observations). Three recent studies have used two chemical conditions that stimulate glucose transport independently of insulin signals to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying these distinct pathways. These are hyperosmolarity and guanosine 5'-O-(3-thiotriphosphate) (GTP
S). In 3T3-L1 adipocytes, osmotic shock- and GTP
S-mediated elevations in GLUT-4 translocation are PI3K independent but are prevented by inhibitors of tyrosine kinases (10) or by microinjection of anti-phosphotyrosine antibodies (16, 21), suggesting that as yet unidentified tyrosine kinases may be activated by these stimuli and participate in glucose transport stimulation. In a previous study, we reported that treatment of L6 cells with DNP does not alter the pattern of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins of myotube lysates assayed by immunoblotting with phosphotyrosine-specific antibodies (57). Indeed, we have tested three structurally unrelated tyrosine kinase inhibitors, erbstatin (30 µg/ml), genistein (50 µM), and herbimycin A (50 µM), for inhibitory effects on DNP-stimulated glucose transport. None were able to reduce the DNP stimulation of 2-deoxyglucose uptake (DNP, 100%; DNP + erbstatin pretreatment, 93.4%; DNP + herbimycin A pretreatment, 89.2%; DNP + genistein pretreatment, 89.5%), whereas insulin-dependent glucose uptake was blocked by all three agents (Khayat and Klip, unpublished results). Therefore, it is not likely that mitochondrial uncoupling engages tyrosine kinase signaling pathway(s) similar to those of these other activators of glucose transport. In summary, the findings presented suggest that DNP may employ Ca2+ as a secondary messenger to activate cPKCs, forming part of the alternative signaling system leading to the regulation of glucose transport by energy demand in L6 muscle cells. This alternative pathway functions independently of the PI3K signaling pathway utilized by insulin to increase muscle cell glucose influx.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, here are some updated pics, Im now 15 days into PCT.

Attachments

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Seems to me that it does have some potential. Seems to me that using a lower dose for longer, avoiding side effects, and using it as part of a sensible diet and exercise routine would be the way to go, rather than going on a "DNP blitz" where you take as much as you can handle for two weeks.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
Your a moron. Mods kick this guy off!!!

what?it helps BLOCK fat which you dont want to ingest much of on dnp........i used with great results.....lot of people asked i get kicked off for talking about dnp in the past because they have moral issues with the drug and want to control someone mentioning it......thats censcorship and ive been banned before and followed the rules ever since........what is your problem?

mitch911

Awards
It greatly increases the bodies metabolism of alcohol, but i don't think that has any use for most of us ;). It shuttles glucose to the muscles while starving the fat cells, and has the "anabolic rebound" reported by many people [including me]. Other than that, i don't think DNP offers anything else besides fat loss. But my computer crashed a couple weeks ago, and i lost all my research when i reformatted my hard-drives, so i might be missing something.
is this while being on the juice..or do u get this anabolic rebound neways..im wondering how u get it if u keep ur diet clean and below maintenance like u were when on dnp..or can you just up the cals as soon as you come off

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah definitely a difference in the new pic s, doing good. Did that stuff I sent you help out any? All this info does make DNP look better to me, I think that if I do run it then I would go with exnilhio's method.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah definitely a difference in the new pic s, doing good. Did that stuff I sent you help out any? All this info does make DNP look better to me, I think that if I do run it then I would go with exnilhio's method.
Yes they were interesting, thanks!

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what?it helps BLOCK fat which you dont want to ingest much of on dnp........i used with great results.....lot of people asked i get kicked off for talking about dnp in the past because they have moral issues with the drug and want to control someone mentioning it......thats censcorship and ive been banned before and followed the rules ever since........what is your problem?
I thought you were fooling around. Come on Man, Chitosan? I thought that stuff was bunk.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
it is.....and results are minimal......biggest problem being undiscriminating with types of fat.......but i had a bunch of twinlab diet fuel and it did i think block some fat....with dnp thats what you want

on another note...hf claims sesathin and fish oil stack work well with dnp.......i suspect more for antioxident and uncoupling purposes than fat source benefits

Schwaugher

Awards
Great looking pics man, thumbs up to you :thumbsup:.

Regarding the chitosan topic...it is a funtional [insoluble] fiber. It can help prevent the absorption of fat/cholesterol from meals, this gives it its HDL lowering properties. However, a person can get the same effects from oats, wheat, veggies, and high fiber cereals [Go Lean is one of them]. Just look at how much insoluble fiber is in it and eat that before the fattening portion of the meal. So i guess my question is why chitosan? It seems pointless to me, who cares what your cholesterol is while on DNP? You taking it to loose weight, chitosan for weight loss is also pointless [IMHO] on or off DNP. Therefore i see it as a waste of money.

To mitch911...I was using it during my first couple weeks of PCT. As for my diet, i started the first week 1000+ cals above maintenance and decreased my calories by ~350 cals every 5 days until i reached maintenance again. Now, i didn't not loose much strength while on DNP. My strength stayed the same the first week and barely even decreased the second week, i don't know why nor do i care. But for the next ten days or so after finishing DNP my stength rose higher than what it was when i ended my cycle, this was while i was at maintenance calories. I hope that answers your questions.

PS:hey exnihilo sorry for giving you the link and making you read the longest study out their, it was the first one i found, but im glad it answered your question.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
:lol: no worries bro, I still don't know if it's worth using IMO, but I'll probably try it some day at 200mg/day for a month along with a really tight diet/exercise routine just to see if it's useful for losing weight while continuing to make strength/muscle gains.

mitch911

Awards
To mitch911...I was using it during my first couple weeks of PCT.

cool, so in terms of DNP use..its safe to use during PCT. Many have views saying that this is not such a good time to use it hence u need the cals up during this time and dnp burns them at an extremely fast rate. Some say it will be alright b/c its protein sparing, so just keep the protein up. In your experience, did you hold onto your gains made in the cycle?

anapolack

Banned
Awards
Great looking pics man, thumbs up to you :thumbsup:.

Regarding the chitosan topic...it is a funtional [insoluble] fiber. It can help prevent the absorption of fat/cholesterol from meals, this gives it its HDL lowering properties. However, a person can get the same effects from oats, wheat, veggies, and high fiber cereals [Go Lean is one of them]. Just look at how much insoluble fiber is in it and eat that before the fattening portion of the meal. So i guess my question is why chitosan? It seems pointless to me, who cares what your cholesterol is while on DNP? You taking it to loose weight, chitosan for weight loss is also pointless [IMHO] on or off DNP. Therefore i see it as a waste of money.

ahh...ok bro i kinda got ahead of myself and forgot to mention i had 3 bottles of the stuff from when it first came out.......i agree for the money there are cheaper ways to go than chito
but seriously.......oats,wheat,cereal.......ever eat large quantities of this stuff on dnp?.....UNCOMFORTABLEY HOT!!!!!.......only IF you have money to spare go with some chitosan......i also had other ingredients in mine like green tea and such that helped too

Schwaugher

Awards
did you hold onto your gains made in the cycle?
Yes, but i was also using transdermal 7-oxo at the same time. So i can't distinguish which one helped me maintain my gains better than the other.

PS: Sorry unitas for hijacking your thread...not :p j/k. lol

torp

Awards
To mitch911...I was using it during my first couple weeks of PCT.

cool, so in terms of DNP use..its safe to use during PCT. Many have views saying that this is not such a good time to use it hence u need the cals up during this time and dnp burns them at an extremely fast rate. Some say it will be alright b/c its protein sparing, so just keep the protein up. In your experience, did you hold onto your gains made in the cycle?
Actually some users use DNP to keep their gains after a cycle. DNP suppresses the T3 rebound you get during PCT which is partly what catabolizes your gains. At a low dose like 200mg, it will also help keep the fat from coming back from estrogen rebound. A few users swear by it as the only way to keep every bit of gain after a cycle.

I haven't tried this but will at the end of this cycle and post the results. Crossing my fingers.

mitch911

Awards
thanks for the info. Sounds logical, il have to try it out next bulk cycle. depending on how my b.f checks out for summer time, i might use a low dose of 200mg along with cardio and strict diet ed of course. Do you think 200mg of dnp is better at burning fat then say a low dose of t3. say 25-50mcg dose. I know this is very vague just wondering

torp

Awards
thanks for the info. Sounds logical, il have to try it out next bulk cycle. depending on how my b.f checks out for summer time, i might use a low dose of 200mg along with cardio and strict diet ed of course. Do you think 200mg of dnp is better at burning fat then say a low dose of t3. say 25-50mcg dose. I know this is very vague just wondering
I'd say yes, 200mg is considerably stronger than T3 but T3 has always been a bit weak with me in the results department.

After 10 days on DNP, you should be supplementing 25-50mcg of T3 anyway as by then your T3 store will be dried up from DNP's suppression. You don't have to but it's recommended and will help a bit with your energy level.

Here is a quote from a DNP use guide on DNP during PCT...

Post-Steroid Cycle Use of DNP

One of the primary causes of muscle breakdown after a steroid cycle is suppressed TSH. Anabolic steroids suppress TSH, which in turn lowers
T3 and T4 production by the thyroid gland. The reduction in TSH is one reason that anabolic steroids are such excellent muscle builders.

Soon after the completion of a steroid cycle, TSH up-regulates, which in turn super-stimulates the thyroid. This excess stimulation causes the thyroid to produce above normal levels of
T3 and T4. This increase in thyroid hormones is highly catabolic and is the main reason why people lose muscle post-cycle.

Athletes have learned that they need to restrict
T3 production post cycle to prevent muscle loss. A novel approach to achieving this goal is the use of DNP. About 80% of the body’s endogenous T3 is produced from the metabolically inactive T4 to the metabolically active T3. The de-iodinase enzyme is responsible for this conversion. It literally cleaves off an iodine molecule.
By ingesting 200mg DNP/day, the athlete can correct the over stimulated Thyroid, returning
T3 levels back to normal. DNP directly blocks the production of T3 from T4 via the de-iodinase enzyme.

As a bonus, the reduction in your ATP stores because of the DNP is counter acted by an increase in the oxidation of triglycerides as an energy source. The benefit is the elimination of any potential fat-gain from the low post-cycle testosterone levels. And as DNP is non-hormonal, it has no effect on HPTA recovery.

After cessation of DNP use post-cycle, the athlete will reap the benefits of the "Anabolic Rebound Effect" which further lends credence to the use of DNP as a post-cycle ancillary for the elimination of any post-cycle muscular losses.

newatsat1

Banned
Awards
Day 1: Got my DNP today. Took 200mg @10am and 200mg after workout @2:30pm.

phera-plex- 20mg
Green tea-600mg 10:30am.
Jintropin- 2ui's @10am, 1.5 iu @2:30pm subq.
Impact ultra- 1.4 ml IM injection @10am.
Glycergrow, 2 scoop pre-workout w/ 1 scoop body octane.

Since this will prob be my last hardcore workout because I just started the DNP, I did heavy back and tri's this morning. I had a good workout, pumps were insane.

Nutrition:
Breakfast- 3 eggs, 2 pieces whole wheat toast (no butter)
Post-workout- 2 scoops GF-Pro w/ banana @2pm.

I have to be at work @5pm, I will prob eat 4 egg whites before I leave for work and have a yogurt.

I don't expect to the fat burning to begin since this is the first day. So Im am going to hold off on the Liposolv until tomorrow. Updates later!
thanks

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Newatsat1 I would edit that out of your post before you get banned. And then read the board rules, very carefully and you'll see a part that says no asking for sources, or source posting.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that the reason DNP doesn't burn muscle is because it supresses Thyroid funtion.

If this was the case using T3 with DNP would be counterproductive to optimal results.

Multiple users on the boards have claimed better results sans T3 than previously with T3 included.

Schwaugher

Awards
If your using DNP during your PCT, then yes it would make it couter productive for maintaining muscle, but more productive at burning fat. The problems occur when you start thinking about how much T3 to add in. because the higher the dose of DNP the faster your T3 production shuts down. A popular DNP guide writes..."Cycle length depends largely on the individual. At first it was thought that a DNP cycle should be limited to 10 days at the most because the thyroids shuts down and t4 to t3 conversion in the liver becomes nil, however, this is not the case. 10 days is a very arbitrary number. A person taking 200mg/day would have almost completely normal thyroid function at day 10 whereas if s/he took 600mg/day, t3 would be non existent after 3 days. While the t3 hormone plays a very large role in determining fat loss, it should not be a big concern while on DNP because the fat burning capabilities of DNP will more than compensate for the suppressed t3 levels. An advantage to suppressed t3 levels is that the body will burn much less muscle while still burning fat on DNP. Normal t3 and thyroid function is restored within a week of stopping DNP"...I think it's one of those things that will differ from person to person based of their experience, body fat%, goals, etc.

lowridah

Awards
Well, here are some updated pics, Im now 15 days into PCT.
i don't think you should be taking DNP. you said you had a little extra fat...there's more than a little. you could've easily lost that fat with diet, cardio and an EC stack.

i would think that DNP would be for someone trying to get sub 10%. you're like 16/17%

not trying to be an *******, just honest

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i don't think you should be taking DNP. you said you had a little extra fat...there's more than a little. you could've easily lost that fat with diet, cardio and an EC stack.

i would think that DNP would be for someone trying to get sub 10%. you're like 16/17%

not trying to be an *******, just honest
I agree I should have waited till I was lower in BF% to do it. I wouldn't do it again anyway, the sides are too harsh. Actually Im about 15% BF. I was 18 before I ran the DNP