Colostrum

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember that this was getting popular a fair few years back, but it seems to have dissapeared.
It came up during a search today as I was researching for surgery recovery. Does anybody have any experience with Colostrum?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
“ITS JUST COLOSTRUM!!”

Name that quote! Hint, Bio-Gro

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
“ITS JUST COLOSTRUM!!”

Name that quote! Hint, Bio-Gro
Coop? I like it but it’s nothing crazy and money could be spent better elsewhere

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Coop? I like it but it’s nothing crazy and money could be spent better elsewhere
Pretty sure it was Lobliner

The original bio gro worked but the new formulation is useless

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ding, Ding, Ding…We have a winner🥇
Man, it's crazy. I felt like the igf in the og actually worked. Crazy pumps, nutrient partitioning and I remember going slightly hypo after dosing

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still wish I could find the original lol

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There was something ‘unique’ about the first batch, that’s for sure. I remember at the time I was in the habit of having a Starbucks parfait pre-workout and mixing the biogro in that.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There was something ‘unique’ about the first batch, that’s for sure. I remember at the time I was in the habit of having a Starbucks parfait pre-workout and mixing the biogro in that.
That sounds like gains to me with or without the bio gro!

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'm guessing Colostrum was a flop after all then?
Would something like BMP be more beneficial for surgery recovery?

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glutamine and whey protein.

Glutamine is needed to make other chemicals in the body such as other amino acids and glucose (sugar). After surgery or traumatic injury, nitrogen is necessary to repair the wounds and keep the vital organs functioning. About one third of this nitrogen comes from glutamine.

How does Glutamine Supplementation Aid Recovery?

You need to take like 10-20g per day for it to be effective.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glutamine and whey protein.

How does Glutamine Supplementation Aid Recovery?

You need to take like 10-20g per day for it to be effective.
I'll sure be adding L-Glutamine into my shakes between surgeries.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, how many surgeries are you getting?
They've said three over the course of about 14 months, depending on how well/quickly I recover from each. Which is why I'm looking at things that I could take to speed up each recovery phase.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I remember when trying Bio-Gro i posted it to my IG and comments i got was "So you are no longer natty?"...
I was a big fan and believer when it first came out for sure!

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They've said three over the course of about 14 months, depending on how well/quickly I recover from each. Which is why I'm looking at things that I could take to speed up each recovery phase.
Can I ask what they're for?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Colostrum was a victim of the way it was marketed. It's not as good as many of the companies claimed, but its also probably not as bad as some people make it out to be either. It was just so hyped that many had unrealistic expectations of it.

I would not discount Colostrum at all when it comes to what you're using it for. I've seen it come up quite a bit in surgery recovery stuff as well, just like you said in your initial post. Just because something didn't meet expectations as related to bodybuilding, don't write it off bc some here don't like it bc what you're using it for is completely different.

I don't think BMP would be beneficial for surgery recovery. Not knocking the product at all; I just don't think it would be helpful for that particular use imo.

Basically they're to going to re-set my jaw, extract a few teeth, bone graft my bottom jaw and then screw implants into four of the extraction sockets.
First and foremost, I wish you the best on your surgeries.

Glutamine is good for helping recover from things like that. I would use minimum 20 grams per day and 30 grams if I could.

For gum health, which is extremely important for what you're looking at, I would use at least 1000 mg. of Vitamin C per day and 100 mg. of CoQ10.

There's another branded ingredient that hasn't been launched yet that I've seen the data on but I can't talk about it publicly yet. But as soon as it launches, I'll let you know because it has the potential to be great for something like this because it has very positive effects on blood flow, which could be very important with tissue damage.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Colostrum was a victim of the way it was marketed. It's not as good as many of the companies claimed, but its also probably not as bad as some people make it out to be either. It was just so hyped that many had unrealistic expectations of it.

I don't think BMP would be beneficial for surgery recovery. Not knocking the product at all; I just don't think it would be helpful for that particular use imo.

First and foremost, I wish you the best on your surgery.

Glutamine is good for helping recover from things like that. I would use minimum 20 grams per day and 30 grams if I could.

For gum health, which is extremely important for what you're looking at, I would use at least 1000 mg. of Vitamin C per day and 100 mg. of CoQ10.

There's another branded ingredient that hasn't been launched yet that I've seen the data on but I can't talk about it publicly yet. But as soon as it launches, I'll let you know because it has the potential to be great for something like this because it has very positive effects on blood flow, which could be very important with tissue damage.
As always, I really appreciate your input. Vitamin C and CoQ10 are things that I already take as general health supps, along with Magnesium and VitD3. Would you split the 30g of Glutamine or would you just take it all at once/in one shake?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As always, I really appreciate your input. Vitamin C and CoQ10 are things that I already take as general health supps, along with Magnesium and VitD3. Would you split the 30g of Glutamine or would you just take it all at once/in one shake?
The protocol for burn victims that I've seen is 5 grams 6 times per day. That is a bit unrealistic to do in day to day life so I would go with 10 grams 3x per day or 15 grams 2x per day.