Collagen protein?

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Seeing this pop up everywhere, what am I missing?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d gotten the impression it was incomplete and not great for muscle growth, but was good for skin or something. I could be totally wrong, though. Been a while since I looked into it.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Joints/tendons, gut health, anti inflammatory, overall healing/health, hair, skin, nails. Not a muscle builder per-se like a whey/casein/egg/beef etc. but wouldn't say it doesn't help but it's much more beneficial in other aspects listed.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been using collagen for a few months now and without a doubt it’s helped reduce joint pain. I’ve been using turmeric as well alongside it. Oh, and if you want your nails and hair to grow like weeds then take it lol

But, no it’s not suppose to be a replacement to your standard protein (whey/iso/casein)

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I thought it was incomplete and a complete protein would give same benefits plus muscle building potential?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Joints/tendons, gut health, anti inflammatory, overall healing/health, hair, skin, nails. Not a muscle builder per-se like a whey/casein/egg/beef etc. but wouldn't say it doesn't help but it's much more beneficial in other aspects listed.
This. It depends what you're looking to get out of a powder to decide if it's right for you or not. If the above it something you're looking to get then use the collagen protein. Personally i would just get fish oil and whey protein.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use for joint health personally

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife uses it in her coffee. She says it's good for her skin, hair and nails. She also thinks it helps with her shoulder. of course she lifts like a chick.
I still have a stash of flexatril. Might try it myself later. scoop in the morning coffee... sound pretty easy.

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
Both types have their place. Collagen is good for the body, skin and joints. Animal proteins are better for the muscle building aspects.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You only need 5-10 grams a day to get benefits so it's worth trying for anyone thinking about it. This isn't a 150 gram a day protein.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You only need 5-10 grams a day to get benefits so it's worth trying for anyone thinking about it. This isn't a 150 gram a day protein.
I think you can get capsules at that amount which may prove to be better and more accessible.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Powders are typically cheaper and very easy (typically tasteless). Vital Proteins makes some great collagen supps.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Powders are typically cheaper and very easy (typically tasteless). Vital Proteins makes some great collagen supps.
I just bought and started taking VP’s Collagen Peptides today. I am interested in the proposed anti-aging benefits (skin and joints). I have been taking BioCell Collagen capsules for a few years now. Most notable change right from the start with that is I stopped getting chapped lips. That tells me it definitely works for skin hydration from the inside out.

Subsequent to buying the Collagen Peptides, I have read quite a few claims of bloat and GI distress. If that becomes an issue, I will definitely just go back to the BioCell capsules.