Coffee as an anti-stress test booster?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm curious if there is any data out there showing coffee as a mild test booster due to it lowering stress. Although somewhat silly to think about coffee as a test booster, I have started drinking coffee again lately and my stress is way, way down. Caffeine has a sedative effect on me though, abused to a stimulant effect.

Ase_james

Awards
Caffeine is a stimulant that increases stress, including cortisol.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But other stuff in coffee can lower it. Although I'm sure the effect of caffeine is bigger.
But if you replace caffeine (caps or drinks) with coffee, then that would certainly lower cortisol.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have ADD. So I am theorizing that the caffeine can cause a calming effect to my brain, because my brain is wired differently than the norm. Similar to how Ritalin would have a cocaine like effect on those that have a normally wired brain. Though I doubt there are specific studies giving coffee to people specifically with ADD and ADHD. I have never had a more calming effect than when consuming coffee or tea. Though after about 4 cups it seems to do the opposite. I usually only have 2 cups a day.

Ase_james

Awards
I have ADD. So I am theorizing that the caffeine can cause a calming effect to my brain, because my brain is wired differently than the norm. Similar to how Ritalin would have a cocaine like effect on those that have a normally wired brain. Though I doubt there are specific studies giving coffee to people specifically with ADD and ADHD. I have never had a more calming effect than when consuming coffee or tea. Though after about 4 cups it seems to do the opposite. I usually only have 2 cups a day.
Gotcha , I do the same. It does help me with add. But the physical effects are the same for all. It's better than taking speed, but raises the stress hormones just the same.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Coffee may inhibit myostatin, and make it easier to build muscle.