CNS Recovery????

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
We all know that muscle recovery requires calories, proteins, carbs, and sleep.... maybe some baths of various types, will help too. But what about CNS (Central Nervous System) recovery?? Anyone have any recommendations besides adequate hours of sleep? In season for sports, work, or school you will get taxed day after day mentally and physically. Your CNS will take a toll. Any info on CNS Recovery is appreciated.
Regards

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We all know that muscle recovery requires calories, proteins, carbs, and sleep.... maybe some baths of various types, will help too. But what about CNS (Central Nervous System) recovery?? Anyone have any recommendations besides adequate hours of sleep? In season for sports, work, or school you will get taxed day after day mentally and physically. Your CNS will take a toll. Any info on CNS Recovery is appreciated.
Regards
My understanding of this is that after you have taxed your CNS your best bet is to take time off from anything taxing to the body (if at all possible) and rest with adequate nutrition to fuel the recovery.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
I generally go to bed earlier, eat One thing a day I truly enjoy to destress, work out no more than 45 mins, hit more lagging body parts, and stay hydrated. Also add 2g more of vit c with my multi, cla to 4g (usually 3), and fish oil stays at 3g. Mornings I make a green juice and add to to my dinner as well (lemons are In my water or limes). Try to maintain a good alkaline balance. .02 cents.

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
I generally go to bed earlier, eat One thing a day I truly enjoy to destress, work out no more than 45 mins, hit more lagging body parts, and stay hydrated. Also add 2g more of vit c with my multi, cla to 4g (usually 3), and fish oil stays at 3g. Mornings I make a green juice and add to to my dinner as well (lemons are In my water or limes). Try to maintain a good alkaline balance. .02 cents.

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!
Well said.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CNS recovery is all about time off. Eating well, staying hydrated, and getting adequate sleep all play a large role.