Clove (as in the spice) for PCT

apob

Awards
I recently completed a 4 week cycle of Xtreme Mass (methylstenbolone), and was PCTing with Testogyn XS by Sports One (it's basically fadogia agrestis) plus a number of other supplements (fenugreek extract, zinc, forskolin, etc). I was still noticing lower than my normal libido after 3 weeks, and ran across this article on clove from ergo-log I(if you go to ergo-log.com and search for cloves, you'll find the article and the referenced mouse study).

I ran a week of the fadogia plus 3 clove caps, each 450mg, and noticed things quickly got much better. That works out to about 15mg of clove per kg of bodyweight - the study referenced indicated that you have to be careful with dosing. 15mg increases test but more actually reduces it.

Has anyone else tried running cloves for PCT?

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I haven't. In fact, I've never heard of using cloves in PCT. Hopefully you used a SERM, but I'm guessing not.

apob

Awards
You're right, I didn't use a SERM - mostly because of the difficulty (and legality) of getting one without a prescription. But, I've cycled mild to medium pro-hormones several times before over the past decade without a SERM, using primarily DIM and otc testosterone boosters, and never had a problem with things going back to normal. As I'm getting older (I'm late 40's), it's taking a little to take a little longer for things to get back to where they were. I do realize that other people have differing biology and experiences regarding that.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
SERM's aren't illegal. You can buy them from sponsors of this message board with a credit card. You definitely should consider using one your next run - as you get into your 40s, it'll only get more difficult to recover.

Bigcheese1

Awards
How do you know things got back to normal? Did you get blood tests done before and after? And I second using one of the sponsors for a SERM, not using one is just, well, dumb.

Baby

Awards
I often use quite large amounts of clove in cooking.

I wonder if I'm totally shut down by this