Closest PH to VAR?

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
So long story short, I got on this new medication due to hypothyroidism which was discovered in new blood work, and its making me gain weight. I hate it. I was thinking of hopping on something, I have some DMZ and Hdrol laying around, but I don't really want to gain much muscle, just loose some fat. Is there anything out there, maybe XI-KT, which I'm familiar with... that would achieve a very lean muscle result. Obviously I know its diet, which is on point already, and has been for years...just need some help. Thx bros

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Methyldiazrinol or Epistane if you can find it would fit the bill.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dezzy- I've ran Triumphalis, probably my fav PH I've ever ran, but looking for something that would maybe drop fat a little more than that - if that even exists?

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Dezzy- I've ran Triumphalis, probably my fav PH I've ever ran, but looking for something that would maybe drop fat a little more than that - if that even exists?
If you want fat loss I would look onto a EC stack or T3. And of course, diet.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're hypothyroid? What were you prescribed?

Hypo means your underachieve, and as such replacement therapy would cause you to normalize and lose weight, so I fail to see what would be prescribed that would make you gain weight.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
You're absolutely right. I'm on Levothyroxine. Unfortunately in the first 6-8 weeks of using, it can cause weight gain, not loss. After it gets into your system apparently it regulates metabolism...but my metabolism before was way stronger. So apparently it is temporary but i can notice the weight gain.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're absolutely right. I'm on Levothyroxine. Unfortunately in the first 6-8 weeks of using, it can cause weight gain, not loss. After it gets into your system apparently it regulates metabolism...but my metabolism before was way stronger. So apparently it is temporary but i can notice the weight gain.
I beg to differ
with it being temporary. That's T4 only medication. My wife is hypo, and is on Armour Thyroid, she lost weight. Without getting too much into it, there are other options I would present to my doctor as a substitute with better results.

Why not these? Ask your doctor.
Armour Thyroid, Naturethroid and Westhroid.

Effects of Levothyroxine Replacement or Suppressive Therapy on Energy Expenditure and Body Composition.
http://linkis.com/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/0wh6l

Metabolic Effects of Liothyronine Therapy in Hypothyroidism: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Crossover Trial of Liothyronine Versus Levothyroxine
http://linkis.com/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/0wh6l

Edit: Also wanted to state, your searching for an anabolic solution to this issue would only interfere with your future diagnosis and adjustment of medication by your doctor.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would be ill advised to start an anabolic cycle just to get rid of temporary fat gain caused by medication to address a different hormonal dysfunction. My advise is to stay away from anything that will cause your hormones to fluctuate while you are in the beginning stages of learning to manage this medical condition. If your metabolism has slowed down then decrease your calories. Simple as that, or use otc fat burners in the meantime. Testosterone and thyroids levels are intimately connected so messing with one would affect the other so just don't do it.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I appreciate the post, Thanks man

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Justhere--

Is there any reason why I am experiencing initial weight gain then? I started 4 weeks ago and my pants are fitting awfully snug and my abs have fully disappeared. It is very nerve racking when you have worked so hard to maintain and even though I have not changed diet or routine, i can absolutely tell I have gained weight. Thanks for listening, just really kind of depressed by whats happened. Appreciate the feedback.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Justhere--

Is there any reason why I am experiencing initial weight gain then? I started 4 weeks ago and my pants are fitting awfully snug and my abs have fully disappeared. It is very nerve racking when you have worked so hard to maintain and even though I have not changed diet or routine, i can absolutely tell I have gained weight. Thanks for listening, just really kind of depressed by whats happened. Appreciate the feedback.
https://www.restartmed.com/levothyroxine-weight-gain/

FNF5989

FNF5989

Awards
  • Established
Levo is what I like to call a "trial and error" med. so the dosage gets played with in the beginning stages and while they are playing with it you might get the side effect of weight gain due to the dosage

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Levo is what I like to call a "trial and error" med. so the dosage gets played with in the beginning stages and while they are playing with it you might get the side effect of weight gain due to the dosage
It's only T4 and the chance of reverse T3 is not necessary if you use another supplement such as those listed having T3 additionally. 4:1 ratio.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
This is good to know...this **** seriously blows, I hope they do new bloods at the 8 week part