Clomid TRT cycle logistics inquiry

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Hey y'all so I'm currently on clomid for TRT. I'm not a huge fan but it's pretty cheap and it is what it is. My question is: what would you recommend as far as a very mild/weak prohormone for a cut/recomp and how would I adjust my clomid? I know that clomid is usually part of PCT. I guess I'm unsure about the logistics i.e. Do I run clomid with it to potentially minimize shutdown since I'm looking to run a weak/one of the weakest prohormones available? Any advice or cycle layouts would be immensely appreciated. I figure this is the place to get expert advice from people much wiser than myself on the subject. Thanks y'all and have a great Sunday!

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hey y'all so I'm currently on clomid for TRT. I'm not a huge fan but it's pretty cheap and it is what it is. My question is: what would you recommend as far as a very mild/weak prohormone for a cut/recomp and how would I adjust my clomid? I know that clomid is usually part of PCT. I guess I'm unsure about the logistics i.e. Do I run clomid with it to potentially minimize shutdown since I'm looking to run a weak/one of the weakest prohormones available? Any advice or cycle layouts would be immensely appreciated. I figure this is the place to get expert advice from people much wiser than myself on the subject. Thanks y'all and have a great Sunday!
that's not really gonna work the way you want....

a weak pro-hormone means less results, but you will still have some HPTA suppression. if you're already on clomid for TRT, then the odds you're gonna bounce back from PCT are drastically lower.... you could run the clomid alongside it, but it's not going to prevent suppression, although it MIGHT minimize it.

you might want to look into a different method of TRT (testosterone injections, etc) or doing a real cycle altogether.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
that's not really gonna work the way you want....

a weak pro-hormone means less results, but you will still have some HPTA suppression. if you're already on clomid for TRT, then the odds you're gonna bounce back from PCT are drastically lower.... you could run the clomid alongside it, but it's not going to prevent suppression, although it MIGHT minimize it.

you might want to look into a different method of TRT (testosterone injections, etc) or doing a real cycle altogether.
So by real cycle you mean to stop the clomid, run the cycle, then use the clomid as part of a proper pct? I guess I was curious if I could potentially avoid shutdown with a combination of the right ph and clomid. I'm not looking for really drastic results, more like just a slighttt boost in recomp speed/effect

Zariph

Awards
I've wondered if you could use a low dose of clomid during an epi or halo cycle to maintain good lvls?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
With clomid as trt I would think you would have to stop the clomid to run a cycle and start again after the cycle. I'm not really sure tho. With test or creams you just cycle on top and continue after but I don't think running clomid oncycle would work the same.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you just want a boost without messing with stuff too much maybe try a gram of epiandro

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you do it run bloods. Could be quite interdasting, depending on the compound.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the insight and advice y'all! What is the thinking behind running Epiandro at 1 gram? Would I run the clomid along side it? Thanks!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not really sure, it should compared to steroids and methylated ppl prohormone but I don't have blood work to back up. It's very mild on sides other then hair loss if your prone to mpb, it's also very similar to test for that good feeling and libido.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I've wondered if you could use a low dose of clomid during an epi or halo cycle to maintain good lvls?
That's something I'm curious of as well. Potentially maintaining natural test production while gaining the benefits of a weak ph.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's something I'm curious of as well. Potentially maintaining natural test production while gaining the benefits of a weak ph.
I think maintaining some degree of "normal" lh/fsh production would be a start at least.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can clomid for trt hold up test production while on other hormones? That would be a huge varibal in cycles on trt. It's not test but can it act the same?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Can clomid for trt hold up test production while on other hormones? That would be a huge varibal in cycles on trt. It's not test but can it act the same?
honestly, if that worked, don't you think everybody would do it and they wouldn't need PCT?

there some research that shows it can kinda work for brief periods, but suppression is gonna occur if you're taking supraphysiological amounts of androgens.

FYI, here's that study:

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/48/2/222/2679057/Studies-on-the-Role-of-Sex-Steroids-in-the?redirectedFrom=fulltext

^it's only a 4 day period, and I'm not sure what dosage of clomid they used, so take it for what it's worth...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Theres a good article by Eric Potratz on this (he suggested opioids, not clomid as the on-cycle treatment). The effectiveness will depend on the specifics of the suppressive compound being used, ie does it aromatise, does it bind to both the AR and PR. Its clear to me why spurfy was always against 19nors.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Theres a good article by Eric Potratz on this (he suggested opioids, not clomid as the on-cycle treatment). The effectiveness will depend on the specifics of the suppressive compound being used, ie does it aromatise, does it bind to both the AR and PR. Its clear to me why spurfy was always against 19nors.
I tend to wonder if the issue with 19nor suppression doesn't have more to do other issues.... I've never really heard people complain about NPP suppression like they do with Deca. I suspect it has to partially do with the much longer ester as well as the longer time on cycle....

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tend to wonder if the issue with 19nor suppression doesn't have more to do other issues.... I've never really heard people complain about NPP suppression like they do with Deca. I suspect it has to partially do with the much longer ester as well as the longer time on cycle....
Google Potratz's article bro, its a good read:

Opioid Modulation for Preventing AAS Induced HPTA Suppression

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Google Potratz's article bro, its a good read:

Opioid Modulation for Preventing AAS Induced HPTA Suppression
interesting read.

I'm not arguing that the author is wrong about 19nor suppression, but I think I'd like to see some data that compares test vs deca, etc. I coulda swore I had some data on that saved somewhere...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
interesting read.

I'm not arguing that the author is wrong about 19nor suppression, but I think I'd like to see some data that compares test vs deca, etc. I coulda swore I had some data on that saved somewhere...
Well for what its worth I agree with you re npp vs deca, the cycle length and ester length will both contribute. Id imagine you have significantly more ER activity with deca, as opposed to npp, due to the ester.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Well for what its worth I agree with you re npp vs deca, the cycle length and ester length will both contribute. Id imagine you have significantly more ER activity with deca, as opposed to npp, due to the ester.
yeah, here's that study I was thinking of....

http://ergo-log.com/nantest.html

^interesting comparison between test and deca. honestly, in looking at that data, deca seems LESS suppressive than testosterone...

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, here's that study I was thinking of....

http://ergo-log.com/nantest.html

^interesting comparison between test and deca. honestly, in looking at that data, deca seems LESS suppressive than testosterone...
Interdasting!

Obvious, though, the deleterious implications of combining both drugs together (which most deca cycles do of course).

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Youd be almost tempted to say the first study stopped right around the time LH/TT was about to plummet (going by the second study).