Clomid for test boost

ingenierito25

Awards
Hello guys,

So I have low Total and Free Test. My Doctor gave me Clomid prescription and told me to take it like this:

Days 1-4: 100 mg daily
Days 5-10: 50 mg daily
Days 10-16: 50 mg EOD

I told him about this forum, Toremifene and Spurfy, I sent him a bunch of links to threads and research papers. He told me that he is going to study all the data but I think he's going to go with the Clomid route anyways.

Do you consider that a sensible protocol? I'm natural, just low T.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hello guys,

So I have low Total and Free Test. My Doctor gave me Clomid prescription and told me to take it like this:

I told him about this forum, Toremifene and Spurfy, I sent him a bunch of links to threads and research papers. He told me that he is going to study all the data but I think he's going to go with the Clomid route anyways.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers.
it’s not an uncommon approach and as a short term measure it’s fine

but

what is he hoping to get in terms of long term results. Using a serm is fine to help you recover your own production but for that to happen there needs to be a reason it’s low in the first place (ie steroid use, diet, lifestyle, excessive endurance training etc) - if you’ve changed/stopped the things that caused your t to be low and this is a short term way to bring up your natural production then fine

but if it’s not that and you just genuinely have low t then this isn’t a long term option in place of trt.

how old are you? With a younger guy he could be using as part of diagnostic to identity where an issue might be with the long term aim of avoiding trt?

I’d just ask what the rationale behind the approach is and what the long term plan is

ingenierito25

Awards
Hey @Whisky,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to write an answer :) I'm 36 and a pretty normal life, mediterranean diet, I walk daily for about 45 minutes and weightlift 3 times per week, I have even ditched compound movements in favor of a Doug Brignole type of training because honestly I don't care that much about looks anymore and I just want to maintain my muscle mass.

I got an extensive blood panel and the only stuff that came kind of bad was:

Blood glucose: 112 mg/dl (70 - 106)
HDL: 38 mg/dl (> 45)
LDL 159 mg/dl (< 155)
Total: 218 mg/dl (< 200)

Then the hormones were:

Testosterone: 4.35 ng/ml (2.49 - 8.36)
Free Testosterone: 9.10 pg/mL (8.30 - 40.10)
Prolactine 16.92 ng/ml (2.1 - 17.7)
E2: 9.68 pg/ml (10 - 52)
FSH: 3.03 mUI/ml (1.4 - 18.1)
LH: 4.46 mUI/ml (1.5 - 9.3)

I can't put a finger on what might be happening to my free test apart from just aging, as I said I kind of eat right, do exercise, I don't smoke nor drink alcohol, I only used Anavar about 10 years ago for a few weeks and at 20 mg dose...

Cheers

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey @Whisky,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to write an answer :) I'm 36 and a pretty normal life, mediterranean diet, I walk daily for about 45 minutes and weightlift 3 times per week, I have even ditched compound movements in favor of a Doug Brignole type of training because honestly I don't care that much about looks anymore and I just want to maintain my muscle mass.

I got an extensive blood panel and the only stuff that came kind of bad was:

Blood glucose: 112 mg/dl (70 - 106)
HDL: 38 mg/dl (> 45)
LDL 159 mg/dl (< 155)
Total: 218 mg/dl (< 200)

Then the hormones were:

Testosterone: 4.35 ng/ml (2.49 - 8.36)
Free Testosterone: 9.10 pg/mL (8.30 - 40.10)
Prolactine 16.92 ng/ml (2.1 - 17.7)
E2: 9.68 pg/ml (10 - 52)
FSH: 3.03 mUI/ml (1.4 - 18.1)
LH: 4.46 mUI/ml (1.5 - 9.3)

I can't put a finger on what might be happening to my free test apart from just aging, as I said I kind of eat right, do exercise, I don't smoke nor drink alcohol, I only used Anavar about 10 years ago for a few weeks and at 20 mg dose...

Cheers
I’m not a doctor bro, just a random Internet bro who likes to stick big needles in his ass and lift heavy stuff

but some things kinda stands out here

given the lifestyle you’ve described your cholesterol shouldn’t be out of whack and your blood glucose should be ok (I’m assuming you aren’t overweight?)

I’d be looking at red yeast rice and berberine add two natural, inexpensive supplements to address that (first I would do a honest lifestyle assessment to check there isn’t anything that is contributing I could change but it sounds like you have?)

the hormones are odd. LH is mid range and although FSH is low is not really low. Clomid works by increasing them and therefore increasing testosterone, but to my first comment, if they are the obvious reason for low test then your doc isn’t looking for an underlying problem. Doesnt appear to be a pituitary issue because of that either I’d guess.

total test, free test and estrogen all make sense as they are interlinked, with your total test where it is you’d expect the other two to be low.

how’s your sex life? Libido issues? Tiredness?

obviously how quickly you push to address it would depend on that (for me at least)

I’d like the doctor to try and identify an underlying cause but failing that it does seem like an obvious trt approach for quality of life bro. That would immediately address the hormone issues.

you do need to sort the cholesterol out though......

ingenierito25

Awards
Hey @Whisky,

Believe me, I'm as surprised as you're. I'm not very good at imperial but from what I gathered in the internet I'm about 5"8 and 165 lbs. I don't have a six pack but neither do I have a gut, a bit of lower belly fat and love handles but that's about it.

I'm 36 but people usually state that I look a bit younger than that (late 20's).

I'm taking Berberine and Krill Oil (read somewhere a study where it helped) might try to add red yeast extract.

My libido is not what it used to be but if my GF wants to initiate sex I don't have much problem to get an erection+orgams. We don't have sex often though as we've been together for about 11 years and you know passion only last so long. Let's see once a week or so.

About being tired... not so much, if I stay at home I can get veeeery lazy but if I'm outside I can be from morning until the night.

Anyways, thanks a lot again for your time, I'm trying to reflect on what you're writing to me... there's must to be something that is not right.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello guys,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers.
I’m probably the biggest fan of Clomid on this forum and have done many “Clomid only cycles”. I got mine from my Dr as well and even though my tests levels wasn’t as low as yours I got great results from it and had readings between 900-1100 regularly on Clomid.

The protocol he gave you is way too high, you’ll have Estro issues on those doses. If you feel you want to start higher you can start with 50mg ed the first 2 weeks but then drop down to 25mg ed. Do bloods after 8 weeks and see where you are at and how you feel, I feel great on Clomid but some say they get sides.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m probably the biggest fan of Clomid on this forum and have done many “Clomid only cycles”. I got mine from my Dr as well and even though my tests levels wasn’t as low as yours I got great results from it and had readings between 900-1100 regularly on Clomid.

The protocol he gave you is way too high, you’ll have Estro issues on those doses. If you feel you want to start higher you can start with 50mg ed the first 2 weeks but then drop down to 25mg ed. Do bloods after 8 weeks and see where you are at and how you feel, I feel great on Clomid but some say they get sides.
His protocol per his dr. is only 16 days though..

But can Clomid be a long term solution? Can it be used years and tens of years?

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm interested on that you said no libido issues or tiredness. What was the reason to check your levels and do you have some kind of symptoms of low T?

ingenierito25

Awards
I'm interested on that you said no libido issues or tiredness. What was the reason to check your levels and do you have some kind of symptoms of low T?
Hi,

Weirdly enough it was low ejaculation volume. Also I might have low libido compared to a regular male but I couldn't say for sure. Let's say than if I keep myself from ejaculating by the 3rd-4th day I feel the need to do it (via sex or masturbation), if it's that normal or too low I don't know.

This is something I'd like to know too... Would it "reset" my HPTA when I am a regular male with "nothing" to fix? I'm not using anything besides natural supps, the strongest stuff I'm taking is caffeine with theanine pills LOL.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Lol, I just saw that (I thought it was weeks), it makes even less sense now. Yes, some ppl use Clomid instead of test as TRT. I just needed more after awhile, test is better obviously but Clomid can be a good alternative if you don’t want to pin.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That would be better for most, but it's quite rear still and not sure if dr.'s describe it.
Why online pharmacy exists. When doctors won't help, help yourself ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting Thread....

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Agreed. I never considered using clomid as a trt treatment or cycling with it. Wonder what type of effects it has?
Performance wise I presume nothing really. But well being wise can be great to go from 400 to 800 TT for example. Very individual how much a serm raises T of course.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

ingenierito25

Awards
Alright, so I've some news:

I told the Dr. I read about how toremifene was so much better than clomid and sent him a few links of this forum about the advantages, he read them and told me "alright, I can make you a prescription if you wish..."

But now I'm in one of those "I didn't expect to get this far..." situations, I mean... the Dr is going to write me a prescription but I don't truly know what dosage should I take or the duration of the treatment for testosterone increase.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot!

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I told the Dr. I read about how toremifene was so much better than clomid and sent him a few links of this forum about the advantages, he read them and told me "alright, I can make you a prescription if you wish..."

But now I'm in one of those "I didn't expect to get this far..." situations, I mean... the Dr is going to write me a prescription but I don't truly know what dosage should I take or the duration of the treatment for testosterone increase.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot!
I must of missed it but why do you want that instead of Clomid? It’s not so much better for raising test just so you know.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot!
Now give him literature on enclomiphene. That SERM was actually isolated for the expressed purpose of helping hypogonadal men.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I must of missed it but why do you want that instead of Clomid? It’s not so much better for raising test just so you know.
Yeah I think in theory Clomid should be best at raising test. It has the highest binding affinity to ER's in the brain iirc. If going for something 'more exotic/new school', then should rather look for enclomiphene.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Now give him literature on enclomiphene. That SERM was actually isolated for the expressed purpose of helping hypogonadal men.
I’m not sure Dr’s can give a script for that even if they wanted.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They can, right to try law. Doctors can even prescribe peptides and MK677 now.

ingenierito25

Awards
Yeah I think in theory Clomid should be best at raising test. It has the highest binding affinity to ER's in the brain iirc. If going for something 'more exotic/new school', then should rather look for enclomiphene.
My suggestion was made before I read more information about Clomid and even opened this message. I read a bunch of post about people having sides and was under the false assumption than Clomid = bad sides.

I've been reading a lot these days and I can see that Clomid at a lower dose (12,5mg two to three times per week) has been proved to be good to go without that many sides.
Yeah, this is what I'm fearing, I'm outside the US and in my country I highly doubt you'll be able to get enclo.

I'm still undecided on what to do:

1. Get the Clomid, follow Dr. instructions (which I can see now that is not a too good protocol)
2. Get the Clomid, do my own thing. Start at 12,5 mg twice a week, retest in a few weeks time and see if I need to do anything about that dosage.
3. Get the Fareston/Torem and do #2 with it but I'm torn between:
3.1. 60 mg for 21 days, retest
3.2. 60mg/60mg/30gm/30mg, retest
3.3. 15 mg twice a week, reest in a few weeks and assess

Anyways, thanks a lot of you guys for being here, you're way ahead in knowledge than any other Dr. I can find.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My suggestion was made before I read more information about Clomid and even opened this message. I read a bunch of post about people having sides and was under the false assumption than Clomid = bad sides.

I've been reading a lot these days and I can see that Clomid at a lower dose (12,5mg two to three times per week) has been proved to be good to go without that many sides.

Yeah, this is what I'm fearing, I'm outside the US and in my country I highly doubt you'll be able to get enclo.

1. Get the Clomid, follow Dr. instructions (which I can see now that is not a too good protocol)
2. Get the Clomid, do my own thing. Start at 12,5 mg twice a week, retest in a few weeks time and see if I need to do anything about that dosage.

Anyways, thanks a lot of you guys for being here, you're way ahead in knowledge than any other Dr. I can find.
Actually, may be easier to get enclomiphene outside the US. It's made and sold outside the US.

novi68

Awards
How about a low dosage of AI as a testosterone booster ?!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm surprised you even got a serm prescripted in Europe and with T levels inside the ref ranges too. But I guess that varies between countries too.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They can, right to try law. Doctors can even prescribe peptides and MK677 now.
It’s still in a “grey zone” since it’s not FDA approved so all Dr’s will not prescribe it even though I know some still do.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Well you don’t know how you will react to Clomid until you try it, I really like it for an example and I would recommend to start with 25mg ed and see how you feel, if you feel good I would go 8 weeks before you change your dosing.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is what I see, total test is normal, free t is low and estrogen is low normal.

I would try cleaning up my diet to fix bg and cholesterol, take a boron supplement at 3mg 2x per day to free up test and give it a month to see what happens. I would do that before the clomid. I've also never seen dr. Prescribed it like that for your purpose, normally it's something like 25mg a day or eod from the start.

I also wouldn't direct your dr. To sites like this. While there's lots of good info there is lots of terrible info as well and it might only take him reading 1 rediculous thing or something he strongly disagrees with to make him dismiss what you want as a patient. Next time I'd just directly show him the studies you want him to look into