ckd and strained muscle

F

fishone1

Awards
Ok so I screwed up my calf about two weeks ago, and I figured since I was out may as well be out, and started eating a regular diet. five days ago I started back on my ckd but cut the calorie intake to 750 below my daily BMR, since all I'm doing is sitting on my couch. I have all the signs of being deep in keto, except the pee sticks aren't dark, they are barely changing at all. I figure they aren't changing because I am in such a calorie deficit, my body is burning all the keytones.

my questions is, lets say I fast from now till saturday morning 38 hours or so. Will my body stay in keto and continue to burn fat, or will my body convert back to glucose and start eating away at my muscles, because I'm literally not eating anything?

another question, Ok I've been sitting all day for a week on the couch, literally, and I've cut my calories low, the last few days or so various muscles have been twitching, you know not a cramp but like a flex on its own, does that mean the muscle is just trying to move alittle, that its losing a little, or that my body is eating away at it?

I'll be on the couch for another week solid. does maintaining a keto diet, with no weekend refeed make sense, to maximize losing fat(and weight loss), since I can't really move, and also protect my muscles from disintegrating? or is there something else I should be doing....

F

fishone1

Awards
And lets say I do fast tomorrow all day which one do you guys like more

eca with yohimbine and some geranium
2slim x with yohimbine and some geranium
or eca with yohimbine and 1slim x?

thanks for the input guys!

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Are you trying to lose weight/fat? Most say ketostix are worthless, so don't rely on them. If you are trying to preserve muscle while layed up, why aren't you eating maintenance calories. And a 38 hr fast will keep you losing something. Have you checked your weight, and what is your diet for your ckd? Most recommend not carbing the first weekend to insure getting into deep keto.

Post up your rationale for tthis gameplan so we can get a better look at the overall picture.

F

fishone1

Awards
I've been doing a ckd diet for the past two months, eat 3200ish kcals a day when I go to the gym and work, my normal maitenance kcals are 4300. I normally refeed from sat morning till sunday lunch.

My goal is to lose weight, and continue to increase strength/keep all the muscle I have while on my diet.

but then I went and screwed over my calf, so for two weeks I've been sitting on the couch, five days ago I started up on my ckd again, since sunday I have been eating about 1700 kcals a day because I sit on the couch all day I don't need to eat much.

the gameplan of the fast, and the ultra low calories, is because I'm sitting all day I don't need that many, and I'm trying to continue my weight loss, by burning fat.

doesn't it make sense that since I'm in keto, I know I am, that if I fast for over a day I would continue to burn fat, and not muscle. or will a fast start to burn off muscle?

also: another question, Ok I've been sitting all day for a week on the couch, literally, and I've cut my calories low, the last few days or so various muscles have been twitching, you know not a cramp but like a flex on its own, does that mean the muscle is just trying to move alittle, that its losing a little, or that my body is eating away at it?

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about the twitching in the muscles. How much do you weigh, and have you weighed since sunday. How much do you want to lose? I don't see a reason to go that low on calories and then do a fast on top. I realize sitting on the couch doesn't burn much, but even on keto, I feel you need the proper amount of calories, just different sources. What is your BMR calories, do you know? That should be the amount to maintain doing nothing but sitting on the couch. Is that where 1700 came from? 1700 is 2600 less than maintenance. Times 6 days, minus friday for a fast, equals a calorie deficit of 15,600 for the week. it only takes 3500 to burn a pound. 1700 is 1500 from your cutting calories which I think you said you had been on for a week prior, so that times 6 days is a total deficit of 9000 calories fot the week.

I think it is too much and unnecessary.

F

fishone1

Awards
my bmr is 2600 kcals. I weigh 276 today I've lost 6lbs since I started keto again. on a normally non-screwed up leg day my Total daily caloric needs, or maitence kcals at my activity is 4300, so on normal not screwed up leg days I eat 3100kcals because Im on a cut, but need food.

Since I'm sitting on a couch all day, and my bmr is 2600kcals and still want to lose weight I am consuming 1700kcals which is a 1000kcals under my bmr. which would be about my maitenance since I'm sitting on a couch all day.

but as long as i'm in keto, which again I am in, my body wont burn muscle for energy right, even if I fast?

I know what I'm doing for my diet, I just had that ^^^^^ question.

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Well I can't give you a specific scienific answer to your question. How much do you need to lose and when do you want to get there? I can't see how a 1 day fast will destroy your body since you have quite a bit of weight to lose. Regardless, 1000 or more under maitenance, and you will lose some muscle along the way. There is a post about intermittant fasting somewhere here, have you seen it? Maybe check it out and ask the ones who give knowledgeable responses there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BeardedBreast Supplements 45
S Anabolics 58
U Anabolics 13
M General Chat 11
J Anabolics 3