Cistanche Tubulosa mini review

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello,

I took Cistanche Tubulosa (Minimum 50% Echinacoside + 15% Acetoside (Verbascoside) from Nootropics Depot. Basically took a 1/4 teaspoon serving size every morning with my coffee. It didn't affect my coffee taste at all and dissolves easily.

To be honest, I didn't notice much. I got it because one person mentioned that their voice became deeper after using Cistanche so I thought why not try and see if I can become a baritone. Unfortunately, I didn't experience any deep voice....but I felt my singing improved. Other than that, I didn't feel anything special....no strength increase, no sexual vigor, no alpha male feeling etc. Perhaps I needed to take a larger dose. I don't have a milligram scale to measure the powder but each serving was supposedly 200 mg.

Maybe someone else could have better luck with Cistanche. I'm sure it has a lot of benefits.

Thanks for reading my review.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it's included in OLs k1ngs pct....haven't saw many reviews on it---maybe it has something to do with extract[extraction process]?

looks like an interesting ingredient---bummer you didn't see much!!!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, maybe it's a quality issue? I talked to someone who ordered two tubs of phenibut from ND. He only got one phenibut and said he felt nothing. Not sure how true it is , but something to take note of. They are highly recommended.

Thanks for the review, though!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, maybe it's a quality issue? I talked to someone who ordered two tubs of phenibut from ND. He only got one phenibut and said he felt nothing. Not sure how true it is , but something to take note of. They are highly recommended.

Thanks for the review, though!
ND is not one of these BS companies you aren’t sure on the quality of the ingredient you are getting. They are unlike most supplement companies and they actually do their due diligence when it comes to quality control. IMO they are the gold standard when it comes to quality and trust in the supplement world.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it's included in OLs k1ngs pct....haven't saw many reviews on it---maybe it has something to do with extract[extraction process]?

looks like an interesting ingredient---bummer you didn't see much!!!
I think I should have tried a higher dose. I'm 235 lbs, so maybe I would have needed a heftier dose of cistanche to see effects.
I'm sure this is legit Cistanche. It's an ND product and ND is one of the finest depots in the supplement world.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
for whatever its worth. After i have started cistanche from ND - i had an increase in libido. I def felt its effects towards bloodflow and vigor/aggression etc. I had much better workouts with preworkout dosing it vs before bed. Stacking it with ND tongkat ali was a great preworkout cocktail for me.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for whatever its worth. After i have started cistanche from ND - i had an increase in libido. I def felt its effects towards bloodflow and vigor/aggression etc. I had much better workouts with preworkout dosing it vs before bed. Stacking it with ND tongkat ali was a great preworkout cocktail for me.
Did you take the recommended serving size? (200mg)

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes to possibly 300mg at times... I think we have told you at past that you def need a scale for cistanche.. I didnt feel much when i was dosing about 100mg. soon as i went past 200mg it was different where effects started
I guess next time I'll try pills for easier measurement. Actually I'll buy a powder measuring scale too.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yes to possibly 300mg at times... I think we have told you at past that you def need a scale for cistanche.. I didnt feel much when i was dosing about 100mg. soon as i went past 200mg it was different where effects started
OLs k1ngs pct has it dosed at 750 but in all fairness its only a 10% stem extract?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
OLs k1ngs pct has it dosed at 750 but in all fairness its only a 10% stem extract?
sure it may be calculated to provide overall same amount of raw cistanche ~2-5gm from the extract ratios. according to OL write-up more amount from lower % on cistanche is better but i had great results from ND's 50% ech. BTW ND's tongkat rocks. I highly suggest to anyone to do the stack i ran it was pretty effective. My patchy spots on beard filling in was obvious sign.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sure it may be calculated to provide overall same amount of raw cistanche ~2-5gm from the extract ratios. according to OL write-up more amount from lower % on cistanche is better but i had great results from ND's 50% ech. BTW ND's tongkat rocks. I highly suggest to anyone to do the stack i ran it was pretty effective. My patchy spots on beard filling in was obvious sign.
i've used NDs products before but not tongkat...good headsup, thanks!!!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ND is not one of these BS companies you aren’t sure on the quality of the ingredient you are getting. They are unlike most supplement companies and they actually do their due diligence when it comes to quality control. IMO they are the gold standard when it comes to quality and trust in the supplement world.
thanks as I was interested in trying their noopept

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Did you notice body hair getting heavier? Sure sign of elevated T and/or DHT.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you notice body hair getting heavier? Sure sign of elevated T and/or DHT.
I trim my body so i cannot comment on that much. My beard has been filling in on patchy areas. I cannot contribute to which supp is causing this. likely combo from everything i was taking.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
restarted cistanche again - better sleep and fuller testicles right away 2 days in.
Good to see this being discussed again. Based on your earlier reports, I plan to run this at some point in the future. Right now I have Optimize-T on deck for testing. Will wait until after a couple months run of that so as not to contaminate testing results. Would love to hear what other guys are getting out of this.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What has been your feeling about the cistanche this time around? Anything new to report?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am still cycling tongkat + cistanche. added cordyceps recently. here are there i may add tribulus + butea preworkout for dopamine kick. the stack is already proandrogenic.

latest cistanche purchase was from botany.bio which feels inferior to Nootropicsdepot.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am still cycling tongkat + cistanche. added cordyceps recently. here are there i may add tribulus + butea preworkout for dopamine kick. the stack is already proandrogenic.

latest cistanche purchase was from botany.bio which feels inferior to Nootropicsdepot.
if it aint broke....???