Cistanche - Anyone still using it?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It used to be discussed quite a bit around here but not so much anymore. Is anyone still using it? I ordered a couple bottles to try from Barlowe’s. There’s a good amount of positive anecdotal feedback on other forums too.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Let me know how the Barlowes works for you. I looked into it just hadn’t taken the plunge. I enjoyed it from PES/analyzed supplements.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see who is!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should I be taking with food or empty stomach?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should I be taking with food or empty stomach?
Play around a bit with it. If I remember correctly it may have some gda properties so dosed before a meal (or split before two biggest meals like how AnaBeta was dosed).

You could try Pre-workout as well.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Play around a bit with it. If I remember correctly it may have some gda properties so dosed before a meal (or split before two biggest meals like how AnaBeta was dosed).

It could be placebo, but I’ve been a bit more bullheaded (aggressive in a negative way) today so far.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I’m also hoping for some gda effects to enhance ketosis. Anything that lowers blood sugar is good with me.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another update: every time I’ve taken 1 cap of it, about an hour later, I get a strange increase in skin sensitivity and mild flushing/“pricklies” I’ll call it on random places on me. It’s really bizarre and I’m not sure what to make of it. Is that what a mild allergic reaction feels like? I don’t think it’s effecting my breathing or anything (but I get random “air hunger” strikes every day anyway), so I may go a few more days to see if it improves as I get used to it or if it gets worse, obviously I’ll stop.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Report: I’ve liked the effects on well-being this gave over the past week, but I really don’t like the strange head-flushing feeling it gives for a couple hours after dosing. It only happens on the left side of my head, and mostly under my hair, but it’s a really strange sensation. I can’t really tell if it in my brain or just my scalp either. I’ve ordered some Cistanche tubulosa to try next, as both brands of the C Deserticula do it.

Anyone else have this experience or can share any insight?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Report: I’ve liked the effects on well-being this gave over the past week, but I really don’t like the strange head-flushing feeling it gives for a couple hours after dosing. It only happens on the left side of my head, and mostly under my hair, but it’s a really strange sensation. I can’t really tell if it in my brain or just my scalp either. I’ve ordered some Cistanche tubulosa to try next, as both brands of the C Deserticula do it.

Anyone else have this experience or can share any insight?
Seems like you’re the only one. Keep us updated

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

uncle-rico

Awards
I'm thinking about getting a solo Cistanche product, Life Extension has a good looking one. It sparked my Interest, since it's in the new OL Kings PCT. Would this be a good thing to stack to something like M-Test or Kings Blood?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
everyone on androgin tech is using it...

im probly gonna try Nootropics depot one soon

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I may just order the powder from ND anyway. Im running low on 2% tongkat which i plan to keep stack with.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
*cough cough: SNS*
We've been looking into Cistanche since last summer/fall.

We'll likely be using one or possibly two different types in things by the end of the year.

datboybreezy

Awards
I'm 11 days into dosing ND Cistanche 2x a day, morning and early afternoon 250mg/150mg respectively. The most surprising effect I've felt so far is a 'mental boost' and frequent night-time erections/my balls increasing in volume almost immediately. It's hard to describe the mental boost but it's not quite stimulating... Just puts me in a mindset of **** it I'm doing it, this is a challenge and I'm overcoming it. Even trivial things. I'm honestly loving it and it doesn't seem to put me in an negative aggressive mood at all, actually the opposite. Just an anecdotal experience I figured I'd put out there since there doesn't seem to be much feedback regarding the new Cistanche extract yet

datboybreezy

Awards
sounds nice, I'm sold :D
Yeah just go easy on the dosage, my 400mg per day translated to roughly 7.4g of raw cistanche tubulosa. Most studies describe a bell-curve efficacy, and the ceiling dose for diminishing returns is around 10g of raw tubulosa.

datboybreezy

Awards
https://media.springernature.com/lw685/springer-static/image/art:10.1038/s41598-019-56379-x/MediaObjects/41598_2019_56379_Fig2_HTML.png?as=webp
This is what I used to estimate the strength of extract compared to raw tubulosa, but I didn't use exact numbers. Just estimation based on the graph. Here's the breakdown I did elsewhere

"It shows about 35mg total echinacoside+acetoside per gram of raw cistanche tubulosa in approximately the same ratio as the ND extract. 65% of the weight of the extract is the named alkaloids, so 65mg per 100mg extract dosed. My 400mg of extract I take per day is approximately equivalent to 260mg of echinacoside+acetoside, meaning I'm currently taking the equivalent of about 7.4g of cistanche tubulosa per day, which is on the higher side of the bell curve but not too much so. I will probably reduce to 350mg per day

Edit: according to this study https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3109/13880209.2015.1050114 Diminishing returns take place over the 10g raw tubulosa consumption, so my 7.4g equivalent intake isn't horrible. I like the effects from 400mg so I'm going to stay there for now, maybe reduce a bit if I introduce tongkat ali into the equation."

datboybreezy

Awards
Unfortunately I can't buy from Barlowes from where I'm located. I could get this one:

This isn't concentrated like the barlowes one. How much do I need to take from this one, to land in the same field? 5 caps?

So you're just taking this solo at the moment, nothing else?
I personally use ND's extract but I'm sure other good brands are out there. Using the chart I linked earlier though, you can figure out your dosage no matter what brand you use as long as it's standardized to the two major alkaloids. Most of the studies I've read dealt with raw herb so it was necessary to try and convert it over.

For the 11 days yes, all I've run is the cistanche. Today I introduced some tongkat for the first time as a stack, have only run it alone in the past. I do this with everything I try for the first time so as not to mix up what's doing what for me. I take ZMA and a multivitamin everyday aside from the cistanche.

datboybreezy

Awards
Unfortunately I can't buy from Barlowes from where I'm located. I could get this one:

This isn't concentrated like the barlowes one. How much do I need to take from this one, to land in the same field? 5 caps?

So you're just taking this solo at the moment, nothing else?
I looked at the product you linked and ran some quick numbers in my head, it's not exact but yeah each capsule is approximately equal to a little over 1 gram of raw cistanche tubulosa. I would recommend a range of the equivalent of 2.5g to 7.5g per day. I would also start on the lower end and work up a little bit.

uncle-rico

Awards
Thanks for your input!

Running things solo first is surely a wise way to go. Unfortunately, most of the times I'm too impatient though and run too many things at once.

datboybreezy

Awards
Thanks for your input!

Running things solo first is surely a wise way to go. Unfortunately, most of the times I'm too impatient though and run too many things at once.
no problem man, let me know how it treats you. I'll keep you updated if anything changes on my end

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read the one review on ND from someone taking Cistanche and he said within 30-40 minutes of taking it, his voice got deeper. If I can sound like Barry White from this then I will give it a shot.

datboybreezy

Awards
I read the one review on ND from someone taking Cistanche and he said within 30-40 minutes of taking it, his voice got deeper. If I can sound like Barry White from this then I will give it a shot.
confirmed, my hammer also grew approximately 8 inches overnight

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
confirmed, my hammer also grew approximately 8 inches overnight
In for the Stalk gainz, mine arrives tmrw.. will let know of measurements come friday morning... ROFL

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No stalk enlargement but tiny bit more aggression, short temper..

Im also stacking with butea and ND tongkat

datboybreezy

Awards
No stalk enlargement but tiny bit more aggression, short temper..

Im also stacking with butea and ND tongkat
Lmao, How much you dosing? So far so good on my end with the stack. No sides for me so far after reintroducing ND tongkat 2% @ 400mg/day on top of my 450mg Cistanche. Still loving it

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lmao, How much you dosing? So far so good on my end with the stack. No sides for me so far after reintroducing ND tongkat 2% @ 400mg/day on top of my 450mg Cistanche. Still loving it
Well i wouldnt call increase in aggression a side. More like intended purpose. I always was a bit on edge, lately my personality is amplified. Def more assertive. I work in a dangerous setting. Dietitian at psych hospital where patients tend to complain about food. I find myself walking into ward without hesitation n much more confidence. Perhaps having less sleep with newborn is not helping

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Im ordering a scale today. But for tongkat its 400-600mg /day depending on intensity of workouts

datboybreezy

Awards
Im ordering a scale today. But for tongkat its 400-600mg /day depending on intensity of workouts
Solid. And yeah the way you describe the confidence/drive/aggression sounds like my experience exactly. It doesn't lead to anger for me either. Like an assertive, non pushy calm. I find it doesn't compromise my self awareness at all. Perfect mode to be in imo

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
my libido is def up after accurately dosing 200mg / before bed or it finally kicked in after 1.5 weeks. stuff is legit

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sweet, I just ordered as I had $10 off coupon for Amazon.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm using ND Cistanche (powder) for the past two weeks. I take about 1/8 teaspoon and put it in my coffee in the morning. I've noticed a slight increase in irritation and some joint achiness (especially in my knees). Libido is up too.

Last edited:
barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm using ND Cistanche (powder) for the past two weeks. I take about 1/8 teaspoon and put it in my coffee in the morning. I've noticed a slight increase in irritation and some joint achiness (especially in my knees). Libido is up too.
Noticed it is very hard to accurately weigh though. I found a scale on amazon for $10. But somewhere between 1/8 to 1/4 is about right on a regular teaspoon. Not measuring/baking teaspoon

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Noticed it is very hard to accurately weigh though. I found a scale on amazon for $10. But somewhere between 1/8 to 1/4 is about right on a regular teaspoon. Not measuring/baking teaspoon
I eyeball it. I could be low balling myself but the ball is so far in my court.

datboybreezy

Awards
Yeah I had to order an mg scale specifically for dosing this and the tongkat powder I've got. A tiny bit difference ends up being over 50mg, I wouldn't recommend dosing this as extract powder without a decent scale

datboybreezy

Awards
200mg still treating you well?
I'm on Cistanche for about 1.5months @400mg/day split into 2 doses, and my tongkat ali is up to 500-600mg/day, still feeling great effects. I recently came back from vacation where I did nothing but drink and gamble for 3 days, which would generally crash my test a little bit for a few days... It did not. I was lifting every morning feeling way better than I usually would. This stuff is legit

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am on it now... Included in K1ngs PCT.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
i been on ND tongkat for 2 months - I can tell a difference in my fasted workouts in the morning when i dose 200 vs 400mg.. at higher dose i have more aggression, energy, proandrogenic drive.

been on cistanche about 3 weeks (200mg/day)- mostly have felt libido improvement. I have better morning woods. made me drowsy, sleepy when i first used so i have been taking it before bed ever since. testicular fullness is as normal. I had more fullness on m-test. Energy, sleep, mood - all is good. I plan to come off cistanche for a bit hop back on m-test and see what happens. ND tongkat appears to be magical though for workouts. It may be Tongkat's ability to free up test/DHT that may be resulting in my better workouts.

lately up at 6 am, make some nespresso- take a 1 tongkat + water with lemon, salt and magnesium + lcarnitine.. prep kids lunch box, etc, get stuff ready for the day. visit the toilet while I read AM. make another americano, take another tongkat and workout - this has been the latest routine which i have good workouts.

Last edited:
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i been on ND tongkat for 2 months - I can tell a difference in my fasted workouts in the morning when i dose 200 vs 400mg.. at higher dose i have more aggression, energy, proandrogenic drive.

been on cistanche about 3 weeks (200mg/day)- mostly have felt libido improvement. I have better morning woods. made me drowsy, sleepy when i first used so i have been taking it before bed ever since. testicular fullness is as normal. I had more fullness on m-test. Energy, sleep, mood - all is good. I plan to come off cistanche for a bit hop back on m-test and see what happens. ND tongkat appears to be magical though for workouts. It may be Tongkat's ability to free up test/DHT that may be resulting in my better workouts.
I have ND Tongkat 10% as well. Just been doing 1 tab/day. Maybe I should up it to 2. Was also thinking about doing 5 days on, 2 days off. Not sure what you are doing?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have ND Tongkat 10% as well. Just been doing 1 tab/day. Maybe I should up it to 2. Was also thinking about doing 5 days on, 2 days off. Not sure what you are doing?
i have 2% btw. in the beginning i did 1cap in morning, later upped to 2 caps. 2 caps in the morning before workouts are great. i have done 3 caps (600mg) didnt notice anything magical. I have been doing ED for the last 2 months.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm taking ND's cistanche everyday in my coffee. About 1/4 teaspoons worth. I'm not feeling anything dramatic or noteworthy compared to the beginning. No noteworthy erections or anything out of the ordinary strength-wise. Occasionally I do get irritable but that's about it. I still take it for its health-promoting effects though. I guess I could increase my dose and see if it does anything.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
why not try 2% next instead. also try your dose 1 hr before workout

forgot to mention - also on peak o2 ~1gm in the morning also, + butea superba. I may be onto something to figuring out a really good pro-androgenic stack...