chronic alcoholism

sade

Awards
I was supposed to start T therapy last May but I keep pushig back the endo appointment because I have an alcohol problem. I can't stop drinking. If I don't have a couple glasses or pints in the morning, I get extreme anxiety attacks.

Anyone been through this? Any advice?

forcefan27

forcefan27

Awards
Find an AA meeting they can help you. If that's not your thing, talk to a doctor about a treatment facility. You have a problem but you have to help yourself.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Find an AA meeting they can help you. If that's not your thing, talk to a doctor about a treatment facility. You have a problem but you have to help yourself.
Doc and AA for sure... Oh ya and self discipline

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I believe alcohol is masking the real issue. What are you hiding from? Typically, any sort of addictive behavior can be linked to some sort of traumatizing event earlier in life. Some take it out on alcohol, drugs, or eating/exercise disorders.
You're man enough to ask for help, now man up and dish out the dirt. (Don't take that the wrong way)
Stop being a victim and let's knock this thing out.
Well wishes my man.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Yea man first realize you really need help, i know first hand you can't go through treatment unless you really want it. Luckily i never fell into the whole drinking thing heavily, i preferred drugs myself, heroin mainly was my problem, then methadones, just make sure you REALLY want to change for the better and have hope bro, best wishes man.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I was supposed to start T therapy last May but I keep pushig back the endo appointment because I have an alcohol problem. I can't stop drinking. If I don't have a couple glasses or pints in the morning, I get extreme anxiety attacks.

Anyone been through this? Any advice?
I'm a recovering alcoholic and addict. Sounds like you need help here but you won't be able to do it alone. I understand the anxiety attacks when you don't have a drink. First of all, do you know if you are having withdrawal symptoms when you don't have a drink (Shakes, sweating, aches, panic, etc.) ? If you have the slightest belief that you are physically addicted to alcohol you must I repeat must go to a detox facility or hospital. I say this because you CANNOT go through alcohol withdrawal without medical supervision. How often do you drink and for how long? If you need help finding a detox facility look up AA meetings in your area they will( and are basically obligated) to help you.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Find a treatment center and check itself in if you really want help. Alcohol detox is more deadly then any drug detox. I'm a recovering alcoholic as well and I can say from experience that if you think you have an alcohol problem you might be one as well. When I went through treatment and started going to AA meetings my anxiety would always subside. And just so u know, AA isn't necessarily about making you stop drinking. To me it's more that I'm a ****head and things I do make me want to drink and when I stop doing those things it helps me stay away from booze. Keep an open mind and try to make that first walk through the doors of an AA meeting an just sit and listen. I would suggest going to a men only meeting to start if u decide to go. Best o luck my friend.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yessir. Took a long break and enjoyed the family for a while. I'm back now tho. Got a couple logs starting soon too.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Yessir. Took a long break and enjoyed the family for a while. I'm back now tho. Got a couple logs starting soon too.
Let me know. Im in! No more ph for me anymore. Needles only. 750 test/week right now

Sorry to hijack

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will surely let you guys know when it's here.

trademark083

Awards
Alcohol is one of those tricky drugs .
I always knew I was an addict because what
I was doing was illegal an no matter what it ****ed up in my life I couldn't stop.
But I have family members who have drinking problems but because its legal an so widely used they can't seem to admit it .
Admitting it is a huge step good luck bro
Sobriety is attainable no matter how much it might seem its not you just gotta go hard
The harder you work for it the better the results
Just like hittin the iron !